Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RNG me cap'n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good morning everyone!

Asphyxious posted:

I have “country road” stuck in my head for this game.

It's being used for everything else nowadays so why not?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asphyxious posted:

KB’s one read is saying you’re not scum.

So what you're saying is that they're both scum?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I agree with Asiina and am willing to put my vote where my post is. Plus what they did to beet was just mean. Also, gently caress the Cubs :colbert:

##vote TMM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think you mean

:hmmyes:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bifauxnen posted:

got enough reasons there, bud?

I like Asiina sussing this out and might vote TMM later, but if it turns out to be wrong this is where I'd look first for scum trying to get things rolling.

look I went to bed really early last night and was busy at work today so outside of Asiina's case I needed to get at least a little bit of jokephase in since I basically skipped the whole thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bif the only way I could have justified that vote any less would be to just vote without giving any reasoning and then you'd be casing me for that instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

Anyway, this post caught my eye because I cannot figure out why they would bring up hypothetically be cased instead unless they had a guilty mindset, and would like IcePheonix to expand on this.

o before e

Anyways, I'm just sick of people deciding my votes ping them on day one. It's always "IcePhoenix seems like they're overjustifying maybe scum??? :thunk:" and then I just vote with a short justification and it's "IcePhoenix is clearly trying to start a bandwagon, scum???? :thunk" and then if I'm out of thread and see a case that's good and agree with it and vote on it it's "Oh is IcePhoenix bussing? SCUM????????!??!!??!?!?!?! :thunk::thunk::thunk:" and I just don't know what you assholes want from me anymore, and it's really annoying because I would just like to play the whole mafia game instead of constantly defending myself on day one which inevitably carries over to the next days because now I'm a target.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh and I see asiina is in on it too now, loving joy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

You're not going to like this:
##vote IcePhoenix

I don't think I put much pressure on you, and I don't like this reaction to my comment.

You didn't individually but you are part of a collective and if you can't see that you must be an umpire/ref

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

OK

What do you think of the other cases?

I don't like that bif has hedged so much, but the rest of it is a lot of arguing back and forth that will be more relevant after we see a flip or two, IMO.

Despite that, I still feel that TMM is the better vote.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Humalong posted:

Asiina and Max often agree on things during mafia games. I don't think what they did here with you was scum trying to make a push. You had an ok vote on TMM with decent enough reasons but you came back and defended your vote with a less than great justification.

You're missing bif's involvement, friend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sniper4625 posted:

Is there an almanac of player game history/posting habits somewhere, because I just realized that people could probably say anything they like on that front and those without the same length of experience would believe them unless it's called out by other old timers.

You can use votefinder to look at past games but otherwise you sort of have to rely on people calling stuff like that out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote IP

would be better imo

:wrong:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also I'm gonna ##unvote as well since I agree that TMM looks better today.

I think we should look towards people with fewer posts than me as well because ~my meta~ is to lurk a lot on day one and last I checked I wasn't even close to bottom poster (but that might partially be because of how signups worked) and the last game I was in scum won by basically letting town fight amongst themselves the whole time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually, I forgot IP posted his "pick anyone with fewer posts than me" thing and then completely disappeared. Maybe there's a reason he has 4 votes

Every post I make is scummy so I'm taking Hal's advice and just not posting

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

Do you mean this?

Cause if not, uh, is that a scumslip?

case

in

point

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it's the post asiina quoted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asphyxious posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

duurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

How did you get "just don't post" out of "ignore the people falsely accusing you of being scum"?

it is basically the same thing at this point

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

My guy! Push past this! Post some reads.

I'm a big fan of the Wheel of Time series (which is actually finished, unlike Game of Thrones ever will be). I think the last book I read was The Martian, that was really good. Even better than the movie.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

You realize that if you are town, all you're doing is making sure that your lynch is easy for scum to jump onto.

So I really do hope you're scum, because if not it's a pretty lovely thing you're doing right now.

Yes well the past 24 hours haven't exactly made me feel like I should help

IllegallySober posted:

IP, do you want to claim, or should we just dunk you?

None of the above, tyvm

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway, gut read

##vote gaspy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

I don't actually care whether he's scum anymore.

This "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from people even mentioning his name is garbage and he shouldn't play mafia and I'm sorry I'm getting aggro but also gently caress that.

This is rich coming from you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

I get that people saying "I think this is scummy" can be disheartening but you can push past that and say "nah, prove it" or make a case on someone else anyway. There was a long list of people that wanted in on this game, this is lame.

yes, I was one of them, I concur that it is incredibly lame

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

one of the people on the list, ofc

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gaspy sure did stop posting after I voted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Anyway, gut read

##vote gaspy

IcePhoenix posted:

gaspy sure did stop posting after I voted

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh also

Asiina posted:

I don't actually care whether he's scum anymore.

This "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from people even mentioning his name is garbage and he shouldn't play mafia and I'm sorry I'm getting aggro but also gently caress that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

What�s the point of that?

She straight up quit DBZ mafia 2 via requested modkill on like day 5 because we were gonna lynch her, which ended the day super early.

At least I played out the day to give y'all some more content to read from.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GeneX posted:

There is probably a discussion to be had about how and why people feel the urge to quit in various games, and how we as a community can try to make that feeling less common, but mischaracterizing past situations and dredging up posts for public call-outs aren�t really the best ways to start that talk.

That's fine but the post I quoted was still an incredibly lovely thing to say and not at all accurate of the situation.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

What happened, in your mind?

Scum managed to start a day one train on me because of a post taken out of context (possibly intentionally since it was scum doing so) and since it's day one it was impossible to slow it down.

like look at these votes

Podima posted:

:beerpal: Final Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

IcePhoenix (9): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina, BottleKnight, sniper4625, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin

With 16 people still alive, it took 9 votes to execute.

town, scum, scum, town, SK, scum, town, scum, town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

So you didn't start talking about the wheel of time series and then say you didn't think you should help?

You had made up your mind at that point, everything I posted was just made as more of a reason that I was scum, which is exactly what I had posted earlier. When you're feeling helpless and nobody is doing anything to help then it's not worth it.

• Locked thread