Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Finally being able to print my own L miners is pretty awesome. Just rolling these suckers off the assembly line catching up to all the silicon demand I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a powerful visual metaphor for my posting.

Once you get to that point the fast and loose management style of the game really transitions it into a different feel, because you just start throwing piles of ships and resources at problems.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Should I be safe and start a new save when I buy Split Vendetta? Or does it just drop into an existing just fine?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Nothing breaks, you should be fine.

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think I'm done with the main campaign in FL. I know there's a second one later one through the explorer's guild but I'm just going around seeing what's up right now. I found Argon Prime! I bet it sucks losing all these cool sectors around it in X4.

If you're wondering about where to point the Hub, the game ignores your initial choice and chooses them all. The hub also immediately led four fleets that hate each other into it including the Xenon lmao. I found some engine tuning mods to upgrade the Nemesis which despite its terrible sighting is the best I've got at the moment. It seems like after that initial plot, and the followup if you choose to, the game just becomes a sandbox. I'm not sure there's anything else around. That main plot itself took me 8-9 hours though so not too shabby despite some tedium.

I have not seen a second hyperspace access point. No drone frigates either, and economies outside the starting bubble are mostly collapsed lol

e: I found an abandoned Khaak fighter though! It's unclaimable however. Also, do not ever fight the Xenon without saving first; they do nothing but suicide ram now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 7, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've gotten further into FL and something seems wrong with how they set things up. The economy everywhere is obliterated. There are tons of ships and stations but nothing is making it anywhere. I've found a ton of derelict ships, been sold a bunch of tankers, and I can't send them out because shields just don't exist. You can get blueprints for stations for tens of millions of discovery points, but I've explored the universe and gotten like 2 mil, tops. Using diplomacy to get things has such a low chance of success it's not worth considering. Missions pay out so little they're either a waste of time or actively drain your resources - station building is usually a net minus for you now and with how the rep seesaws unless you really want to max out a faction there's no point to doing it. Except for experiencing the new plots (and good luck getting the Special Discovery one to trigger, I didn't) if you want to do things you may as well replay AP again if you don't want to do it in X4, though it was a fun visit around during the actual plot stuff.

It's still cool this exists, but I feel more than done after 16 hours.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 9, 2021

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

What's the best way to destroy stations? I tried the attack command and some ships will correctly get into range and use all their turrets. But most of them will either only use their main batteries or not get close enough to fire at all.

I'm using Argon turrets so I can outrange the stations btw.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

RBA Starblade posted:

I think I'm done with the main campaign in FL. I know there's a second one later one through the explorer's guild but I'm just going around seeing what's up right now. I found Argon Prime! I bet it sucks losing all these cool sectors around it in X4.

If you're wondering about where to point the Hub, the game ignores your initial choice and chooses them all. The hub also immediately led four fleets that hate each other into it including the Xenon lmao. I found some engine tuning mods to upgrade the Nemesis which despite its terrible sighting is the best I've got at the moment. It seems like after that initial plot, and the followup if you choose to, the game just becomes a sandbox. I'm not sure there's anything else around. That main plot itself took me 8-9 hours though so not too shabby despite some tedium.

I have not seen a second hyperspace access point. No drone frigates either, and economies outside the starting bubble are mostly collapsed lol

e: I found an abandoned Khaak fighter though! It's unclaimable however. Also, do not ever fight the Xenon without saving first; they do nothing but suicide ram now.

What is the story in FL? I assume you're meant to use the Hub to reconnect the systems?

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thom12255 posted:

What is the story in FL? I assume you're meant to use the Hub to reconnect the systems?

That's basically it, with the Duke's Buccineers trying to claim it instead while no one can stop them. Weirdly, the only real unconnected sectors are The Void and Holy Vision. Everyone else is pretty much fine at the moment, though everyone's economies have exploded.

The second plot from Special Discovery is afaict about hooking the Terrans back up to the gate network (again lol) but I never got the option.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 9, 2021

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It is impressively hard to take out anything larger than a destroyer if all you have is fighters and gunboats. There's a hostile carrier and destroyer parked right outside the wharf that I use to buy ships from just sitting and lobbing shots at it, occasionally getting attacked by fighter swarms and barely getting dented. If I had enough I'd probably build my own destroyers and try to have a go at it.

frogge fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The economy in X3TC and AP is pretty much held together with a shoestring, Iím not surprised itís crashing in FL.

I usually end up parking ships in the most convenient satellite and missile factories so they donít disappear 10 hours into a game.