Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

FrickenMoron posted:

Found a new bug: I accepted a mission to scan a ship. This turned out to be a xenon ship which was destroyed soon after. This also completely disabled my ability to save the game! I couldnt abandon/cancel the mission at all and now the save button is greyed out completely.

When this happened to me in 1.0, setting the mission inactive let me save again, but could never get rid of the mission completely. As I recall, if I tried to abort it again, saving would be disabled until I once again activated and deactivated it.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Nick Esasky posted:

another issue: I seem to have turned off the Automatically Aim To Track Target function for my guns and they only shoot straight ahead now. How do i fix that?

Thereís an aim assist option somewhere in the settings.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

DaveKap posted:

In that video about upcoming changes I like how they have to explain that if you go towards the borders of a sector, it actually expands the sector outward. I found that out on my own but what I didn't know is that there's actually stuff out beyond those borders! That's loving nuts! Too bad it just means that when I'm playing a satellite via the map, it's literally impossible to know what the range of it will be ahead of time because every single sector is scaled differently from each other.

From what I can tell, the inner hexes always seem to be scaled to about 10km, so a satellite will have a range radius of around three of those regardless of sector size.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Forums appear to have eaten my post, so sorry if this turns into a double-post:

RBA Starblade posted:

Everything's like that too. It just feels like they put their priorities in all the wrong places.

This is my main problem with this game. There's too much stuff that has no reason to be there, like the station scanning, being forced to walk around empty, massive copy-pasted stations, etc. They seem to have spent a lot of effort on things that add absolutely nothing positive to the experience, while neglecting things that would actually be useful in an X game. Stuff like an interesting economy or fleets that actually work as a unit.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Is there any way to make factions not be red on the map unless they're actually hostile? Thinking specifically of the Patriarchy right now, since I have negative rep with them, but not enough for them to actually attack me. Don't want to accidentally kick a fight off with them before I'm ready.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

In the station planner screen, click the assign builder button, then zoom out until the list on the left populates with available builders. They have to actually be in the area of the map showing on the screen to show in the list. Choose one by right clicking it and picking select.

Thatís from memory, so some of the wording might be different.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Yeah, no satellite coverage would make things difficult. I always get that sorted for at least a few sectors as early as possible.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

http://www.x4-game.com/#/station-calculator is useful for determining station resource needs and how many of each module you'll want and such.

Edit: Also, speaking of stations, is there any way to get the expected operating costs to be accurate? I've got an entirely self-sufficient hull parts factory with manually set buy and sell limits. All resources are above the buy level and drones are fully stocked, but the administrator still wants 25 million credits.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 10, 2020

chglcu
May 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

No, the budget is based on how many inputs you have, basically the station goes "what if I suddenly needed to buy all my inputs at once for a few hours" and then sets the budget accordingly. Even if you've never done that and the station feeds itself. Just ignore it, though it's still annoying I agree.

Figured that was probably the case. Mostly annoying me because the auto surplus transfer seems to be some multiple of that budget, so I'm having to manually transfer credits out when I want them. Guess there's probably a mod to deal with that though.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Being single-player Eve is basically Xís entire thing.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Drunk in Space posted:

Had one hell of a bug: a ship I was on entered an accelerator, and we ended up getting dumped about 80 000 km outside the hex. Fortunately it didn't mess with teleporter range, but that ship is now basically USS Voyager trying to get back home. What's bizarre is that it keeps passing clusters of AI ships battling Xenon.

I seem to hit this more often when the gameís been running a long time in sectors near the edges of the map, like the split sectors in the northwest. jumping through the gate seems to put me in a random spot nowhere near the gate. itís not the same thing as when travel mode doesnít cut off. itís just instantaneously in the wrong place.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Hello there.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

The guy says to meet him back on the funeral ship (iirc) if you want to help the patriarchy instead.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hey so, what's the deal with data leaks? Since they're just those sparking things on the exteriors of stations, right?
Since I have a Hatikvah mission for Dal Busto (or whatever his name is) called 'snooping around', where I need to scan a data leak on a Scale Plate station, so that a computer worm can be inserted into their systems. But uh, I think I've scanned 3-4 data leaks across two stations (space weed farm and their main station, both in one of the Silent Witness sectors) and there don't seem to be any options to progress. Do any of you recall what you needed to do, to get past this?

As I recall, this specifically needs to be one of the glowing red ball type leaks and not the electricity looking ones.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

The no highways mod is an interesting one yeah, though for some weird reason capital ships still really like going backwards through the gates even with the highway out of the way. Sometimes they go forwards but not often, I'm not sure if it's related to piloting rank.

My five star in everything pilot is doing this at every drat gate in the destroyer I just bought.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

This mod has options for automatically supplying build storage, if you're ok with the modified tag: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/416

I haven't tested that aspect of it, but the rest of the mod seems to work reasonably well.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I should try that out sometime, I think last I looked it seemed complicated to set up and I was never any good with the X3 AI scripts.

It's not much more complicated than setting up normal default behaviors. A few more tick boxes, but not too bad.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I go with the scientist one so I don't have to do the HQ again.

Same, though they apparently completely forgot to test the plots with it. Maybe they finally have those all worked out with this latest patch?

chglcu
May 17, 2007

staberind posted:

There's a bunch of really basic but major bugs with guidance, targeting and autopilot that have existed since release, the kind of basic stuff you'd imagine would be sorted out way before the first expansion.

Egosoft seems to have major problems with this sort of thing. Had to use mods to prevent autopilot from crashing into poo poo in X3 and they never bothered fixing it.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I paid for the drat cockpit so I'm going to use the drat cockpit, and complain about the design of my drat spaceship in the process!

Also actually out of curiosity, does that actually hide docked ships too? It disables the model of the player ship (including in third person which is extra weird) but I'm curious if it does that to docked craft too.

It does, but you can still click on the invisible ship and target it accidentally all the time.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I've had a strong urge to jump back in to this, but really don't want to burn out on it before the expansion drops.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Note though that the AI doesn't fare well in Split ships because they are too flimsy. You need to fly well to use them effectively.

Which is a pity. They look so much better than everything else that I'd prefer using them for my whole fleet.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Did they ever fix explore taking forever? As I recall, most of the time ships with that command set would either sit still or move incredibly slowly.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Travic posted:

So I've been exploring the galaxy while I wait for research to complete and I checked in after an hour or so and there was still no progress. After some searching I realized I'd done absolutely everything correctly...except assign a manager. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

On a different note, how do satellites work? I have them all over the place, but sometimes they don't give me information about a station. Even if they're right next to it. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. What gives?

The station in question is probably vertically up or down far enough that it puts it outside the spherical radius of the satellite's sensor range. The map doesn't really handle verticality all that well.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

How long in the Pioneer start until I get back to Terran space? I just got the cash together to get the dock built on the HQ.

Hmmm thinking gently caress the autominers

If you mean how long until the story sends you there, no idea, but you can go back immediately. If you tell a ship to go there, itíll find itís way.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

a7m2 posted:

No, this is later on to upload malware, after the boron is on the ship and after the Terran researchers have found it again

Do you have the signal leak indicator accessibility setting enabled? Think that might be a new thing, but itís made hunting down leaks much less of a pain than it used to be. At least I assume thatís whatís creating targets for them in the hud.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

I think I broke something in the Torus Mission?

Assuming all the combos are the same 7 changes 8, 8 changes 6 and 7, 7 and 8 are different from each other and I see no way to make them the same?

e; Yep, it's a bug. Heads up when you're doing a light switch logic puzzle, do NOT use the repair beam on covered switches or you will make it unsolvable.

You can reopen the covered switches by undoing some of the other switches, if that helps. I loving hated this puzzle so much, but didn't run into any way to permanently break it.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Pen Expers posted:

So I just picked this up and immediately am seeing this graphical error any time I try to move around the tutorial area,

I've found few posts in the steam forums with similar screenshots but no solutions except for some linux specific openGL settings (I'm on win10).

Has anyone encountered this? It seems like it's specific to certain geometry as I can move around and the errors change and flip around. I've got up-to-date nvidia drivers (on a 1070)

Never seen anything like that in this game, but it looks like it could potentially be corrupted assets or something. Might try verifying the game files. If the files check out, I'd try toggling the graphics options one by one to see if anything fixes it. Guess it could also be overheating or dying hardware, but you'd probably see symptoms of that in other games.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

That would've been nice to see last night. My solution involved approximately 30 times as many switches. Positioning myself kept taking just long enough to lose my train of thought.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I always just right click them and claim them by boarding with one marine. Wasnít aware of any other method.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

So, I'm on the Terran covert mission Astronauts, Champions, Truth Seekers and I've been inside an abandoned asteroid for like 30 minutes, and I'm supposed to find "A Connection to the Yaki", but nothing inside this asteroid appears to be interactible or destructible. Can anyone tell me what in the absolute gently caress I'm supposed to do here?

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Theres a gate that opens when you are super close, into a hanger

If that's the big circular room, I'm in there and all that's there is a vent that leads out into space.

Edit: Or do I need to land in here? I kept getting stuck in the geometry in my ship, so went in in my spacesuit. If I need to land, I might need to bring a smaller ship.

Edit #2: And actually taking a ship in did nothing, still stuck. Fun.

chglcu fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 21, 2021

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

You didn't find a ship inside that room with the vent? Might need to reload an earlier save, then, sorry.

Ah, nope. Time to replay the last three hours, I guess. Really wish this game kept backups of the last few quicksaves.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

If your AI pilots already "discovered" the ship and you told them to capture it, then you've bugged the quest completely unless you have a save before that

The ship type is Moreya

Ah, thatís what it was for me. Got a notification about a found ship after I had to teleport out due to being stuck in the wall.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

ughhhh posted:

Is there some requirement I'm missing in order to find a black market? I've been scanning a boatload of stations but haven't found a single mission that offers opening up a blackmarket trader. Can't craft the drat emp bombs.

At least I am getting some production modules to get a station up and running. Is ship hull considered a good starting station?

Do any of the EMP bomb components require the black market? IIRC, you can get everything from asteroids, lockboxes and Xenon or Kha'ak ships. Haven't actually tried to make any yet this run, but am about to need them.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

This mission in the void about blindfiring mines while finding a scientist sure sucks

You can snipe those before you're in the range of them blowing you up or the laser towers activating.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

3 is covered/locked.

4 on uncovers 3 IIRC

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I think my favorite thing in this game may be how the autopilot will plow straight in to every asteroid in your flight path while breaking you out of travel mode and making a huge circle around ones you were never going to hit.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Jump drives with a rare fuel instead of just energy cells plus an exponential cost based on distance might be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

Zereth posted:

I'm trying to build a second dock on my hull parts factory, but it's waiting on... hull parts. :psyduck:

I believe you have to manually get a ship to transfer them from the station's storage to the build storage. I haven't seen the automatic traders do that for you so far.