Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Does this game promise to be a little quicker than X3 because I tried really hard to like that game but the grinding was just a little too harsh for me. Not to mention the excitement of getting a new ship but then realizing how painfully long it takes to get anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

Welp got murked by a khaak, glad to see they're still as bullshit as ever

Is that pronounced the way I think it is

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

I played X3 and enjoyed it, but eventually washed out because the pacing was just a little too slow for me. Does X4 improve that a little? Or at least give some QoL changes to make that initial start up less harsh?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Bought the base game with the Terran expansion pack. Several Qís:

1)I bought a mining ship with an NPC I promoted to pilot and sent them to mine ore in a sector. Shortly after they undocked and went on their way. How do I know if theyíre making progress? They seemed to be working, then occasionally looked for a trade station, then went back to mining. Are they able to offload goods on their own and repeat the cycle? How do I get paid?

2) I forgot which start I did, I think it was lone spacer or something. Is there a main story? If so, how do I start it? Can I side with the Terrans and see earth? My start put me at a -15 point relationship with them.

3) How do I improve game performance? I get around 90-100 FPS in empty areas, around 60-70 on ship/stations, 30-40 in asteroid fields. 1440p, RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 2666 MHz memory, i7 8700 stock, SATA SSD.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Need some guidance. I have 3 ships. One an explorer which I pilot, my starter ship that I have one of my captains use for also exploring sectors, then an asteroid mining ship which brings me around 10k every 20 minutes. The fastest way for me to make money is crystal mining, but thatís becoming tedious because pixel hunting the occasional glimmers on asteroids is tiring.

1) how can I get my asteroid miner to do more? Ore is profitable, I guess, but horribly time inefficient.
2) is there a way to scan asteroids for crystals instead of pixel hunting?
3) how in the world do I find this pirate base and snoop on signals in order to progress through this trading guild mission?

I guess all in all, I want to know what I can do to speed up/bypass crystal mining because this is becoming unfun.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Is there a way to scan an entire sector and see whatís there instead of zigzagging the fog and flying close to all the space ports?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Can someone explain why I canít produce bofas? Seems easy enough to acquire 2, but others take a lot more time.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Like X3, I think X4 is going to cause me to burn out because 70% of this game feels like Iím traveling from 1 point to another and looking at my phone in the mean time. Does the SETA module work in conjunction with travel mode?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

What QoL mods do you guys use? Iím not rich enough to own a warf yet but Iíll likely be installing the warf mod to get more profit.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Should I be safe and start a new save when I buy Split Vendetta? Or does it just drop into an existing just fine?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Yeah is there a way to see who hates who? I can only see who likes/dislikes me. And also to see what commodities are oversaturated or high demand?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

I donít feel mean enough to post it in the X discord since thereís devs there, but god people in X4 are really ugly. I canít explain why humans look so soulless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Just a FYI, thereís also an unofficial Egosoft discord (which also has some active/former devs and modders)
https://discord.gg/2zsWzKQ

I use it for the help channels when I have a series of questions that need asking and thereís a more people active and willing to help than youíd think.

Whatís so hard about this game is that itís in constant improvement and expansion so thereís relatively little modern help content for 4.0.