Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game just makes me mad. It has the basic framework of a good game but is plagued with terrible decisions along the way that just make it frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Found a station with space fuel distillery and a place buying space fuel for twice as much in the same system. Well thats a nice profit.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

X4 has a lot to like but a lot of this game is just straight up busted. Hopefully they fix the stuff that needs fixing and it becomes a great game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Time to do the time honored tradition of leaving the game running in your sleep.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game will be great if they ever fix all the bugs.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I reinstalled X3 AP again and am really enjoying it. X4 is a solid foundation pun intended but it needs a few months of patching to get where it needs to be. It has many small issues that can be fixed but no huge glaring weaknesses that undermine the entire design.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

Tell me about Litcube. Is it just a harder X3?

Its better and can be harder although you can turn off the harder stuff off permanently/temporarily if you want an easier time or a head start to build up your empire.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bough the game at launch and didn't really like it. Came back a few days ago and have been playing non stop since. I cannot put it down. Built a mega station in Grand Exchange that is about to have everything needed to build ships except for the shipyard itself I'm still saving up for the blueprint for. Sunk about 400 million credits into the thing so far. The free families are eating poo poo hard against the xenon and everyone else is kinda holding their own. The Teladi HQ was under siege for like 24 hours of game time but they never got it below half health despite 3 K's and an I. Really hoping I can start to make some serious profit once I start making ships. Does anyone have some advice on what some good early blueprints to get for that are?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Seeing those first ship orders come in felt real good.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man the kind of money you make before and after you start selling ships is night and day. I've been constantly expanding my shipyard to keep up with demand and the money never stops rolling in.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I feel like I've never seen anyone but the Xenon build any XL combat ships.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Getting close to the point where I am gonna build a Raptor or 2 and was wondering what would be a good fighter / design of that fighter to put on it?

Right now my main fleet is 8 Rattlesnakes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man 3 and a half hours to build my Raptor. Gonna be a long wait.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hooked up my HOTAS today (Warthog) and man this game is a lot of fun with it. Took a bit to get the controls figured out because for some reason it put my pedals as the primary control and mapped everything to them so that was fun to sort out. But doing some dog fights with a stick is really nice.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You know when I first saw the Split quest wanted me to make like 200 million in ships I thought wow gently caress off. Once I got my production up and running at scale it's like is that all?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

At only 50 million credits each defense platform is a bargain for the peace of mind you get. Plus another 50 million in taxes apparently. Put them in front of any gates you want to defend.

Is 100 million too much to pay to keep your family safe?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm looking forward to starting a new game and being an arms dealer again.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It's still insane to me that they never changed pilots skilling up to something totally sensible.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well deleted all my save games. Ready to start fresh for Cradle of Humanity. Looking forward to it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Terrans did nothing wrong.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just retcon it that they are land based now. A wizard did it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can't believe how unfair Egosoft is being and making me wait until Tuesday.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man all I want to do is play this but waiting for the DLC is driving me mad. Another 11 hours or so isn't that long I guess.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Started a game off with the default Argon start. You are -15 to Terrans so totally possible to rank up without too much trouble.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The researcher one seemed pretty quick so I think we know which is long.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Time to join the Terran Navy and blow up xeno scum.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Stevefin posted:

Is there something missing from the cadet start? I completed the first mission and told they will be in touch soon, its been an hour and nothing has happened

Try going to a different system. That triggered it for me when I went to Asteroid Belt.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

After that happens You also get called back to Mars to report to the Terran commander lady about what is going on. I'm not sure what happens after that

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I have 2 miners going in Oort cloud and trying to build a Solar Power Plant in one of the border worlds controlled by the 2nd Terran faction per the advice earlier in this thread. Just need a bit more cash to get it up and running and try to start that money snowball going.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Took me a few hours to get my energy cell place going after I ran into a bug where one trader reserved wares to be delivered and then was bugged and never arrived. I didn't notice it for a while and oops. The profits aren't fantastic but with no inputs it will be worth to just have around.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You know I'm not sure this AI thought this plan all the way through.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Dropped a single Argon SPP in Mercury and :aaaaa:

Took a few hours to get setup but god drat is that a lot of energy cells.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The SPP in Mercury kinda isn't great. Pretty remote and I've not had a single NPC ever visit because other NPC's have plants in the area selling for lower than I can possibly lower my prices to. They sell for 8 my minimum is 10. I got some cargo ships selling stuff manually for now which is turning a profit but is kinda disappointing that it didn't bring in the kind of haul I wanted.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did they ever change how you claim abandoned ships? I'm trying to claim the free frigate and cannot for the life of me find a signal source after half an hour of looking.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well that is annoying. Had a station built in Grand Exchange and some gas miners told to mine methane to supply it. They would mine up a nearly full cargo hold except for like 4 space, then just keep looking for new places to mine forever and never deliver it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Thom12255 posted:

You sure your buy order is set up correctly? They might not be able to transfer the ware to the station.

Might have been setup wrong.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think I hosed up my hull parts station by expanding too fast but not making more docks so no one can come and buy anything because all my dumb miners are constantly taking up all the slots. Easily remedied but sadly put a big constraint on my income for a while.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't know why but suddenly my hull part factory refused to have any NPC's come to it. I thought maybe it was because of too many of my own ships but I unassigned all of them and sent them a few sectors away and built 3 more docks. Still no NPC's would come. Even after waiting hours and hours. Before it was having constant traffic and sales then suddenly nothing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Been playing the new beta patch and for whatever reason I can find plenty of one star two star and four star pilot and management seminars, but have yet to see a single three star. Do these not come from missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The change to make it so you can zoom in on the vertical axis is so good. Makes it so much easier to build stations now.