Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Yeah I think X4 is just Argon, Teladi and Paranid at launch. No Boron or Split AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I'm not bothered about walking around on stations for trading/quests etc, but I am absolutely all about getting out of the cockpit and walking around my ships, and out onto landing pads to change ships and stuff.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I think this is one of those ones where I’ll wait a day or so just for those initial impressions, just to make sure it’s not a complete trainwreck, but barring any disasters I’ll definitely pick it up.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Popete posted:

This is definitely one of those games I say I'll wait a day or two to get other peoples first impression and see if it's horribly broke, but in reality I'm just gonna buy it on launch day.

I guess with Steam refunds the way they are these days there's not actually any risk...

*edit* gently caress ok I just bought it

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 28, 2018

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
X has always been super niche, but it'll do fine in this current space-sim revival period we're in.

Stream re-uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmDNW1AyWQ

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Can you do what you could in X3 and place your PHQ down in an empty sector and put lasertowers near the gate and kinda claim the sector for yourself?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, what the gently caress, there isn't?

But, but... my Mamba! My Chimera! My Python!

I loved the Split M7s as player ships, I seem to remember the Tiger with full incendiary bomb launchers being an absolute monster, and the Panther(?) being a rad little mini carrier.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Just don’t do what I did and put one in Neptune. Turns out it’s not particularly sunny there, shockingly.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Are Large auto miners worth saving for, or should I just be getting swarms of mediums?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
My experience on my 3080 is it crashes within about 5 mins nearly every time, but then after I relaunch the game it’s fine for however long I play for after that.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Did I mess up by putting a refined metal fab in grand exchange instead of teladianium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I've got Kha'ak constantly harassing my miners in Eighteen Billion right now. Like every few minutes a big group of like 5 Queens Guard with fighter support just appears and start causing trouble, and since the 'patrol sector' order seems to do nothing I have to just be constantly manually dealing with them. Any was to stop them? Is there a station nearby that they're coming from that I can destroy?