Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Say what you want about X. At least it comes out before Star Citizen. And they all work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Any indication of what timeline this game takes place in? Anything someone who played a few hundred hours of X3-AP would recognize?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

WebDO posted:

Fixed for greater accuracy of comparison

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I hope there will be more random hostile aliens to shoot at rather than other factions. Give me silly huge space battles.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How are people finding this game? Got distracted majorly by work over the last week and missed out on all the hubbub just to find the thread jumped 40+ pages. I read up to 20 but it was mostly talking about pre-launch stream :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

It has some extremely good systems in it such as the map screen and stationbuilding screen but is marred by a fair few bugs (though less than normal for Egosoft) and some extremely poor documentation and very strange design decisions in some areas. It's also visibly unfinished in other areas.

What screams visibly unfinished? Is that a major or minor thing?

Hav posted:

Janky and very egosoft. One of their better releases, but there's a learning curve on all the processes that shouldn't really exist, and they've managed to find the most rage-inducing tutorial system evah.

I'm enjoying it, around the cursing and 'He's right loving there, why can't he find a way to get there'. It *could* be better, but it's good for an X game.

Do AI ships still randomly crash into things and explode like if you were in system? That was always fun until a mod made them bounce off haha

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

DogonCrook posted:

I just noticed one of the ship icons is an arrow through a knee.

pics please

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What would an :egosoft: emote look like...