Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hope I can be a traffic cop like X-3 and just sit along those huge traffic lines between jumpgates made up of tiny non-player craft, checking license plates.

Dont think I ever caught anyone doing anything illegal, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Any Kha'ak in this?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cool. My first encounter with em was in TC. Terran start and they invaded that Terran station adjacent to Argon space. I didn't even know they existed til then so it was a pretty gripping experience.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Terran ships were pretty cool. The early game was rough but once you bought a Corvette you felt like a drat beast.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Argon shall pay!!!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Long love terra

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Good move on Terrans part imo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

Terrans did nothing wrong.

Aye!!!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Holy poo poo the Argon just wiped out Tomato town

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So I just got teleported to Grand Exhange as part of a quest. I assume I have to build a dock here on the headquarters via normal trade/purchasing to proceed?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sweet, thanks! Just started playing today, hadnt since Albion Prelude. How are you all liking Terran ships? Im still with the Kukri so far.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So I need some materials that are only in terran space to build my hq to continue the Displaced quest. I assume I should just fly out, buy the poo poo, and offload it at my HQ. But without a dock, im unsure how to do so. Do I transfer the materials to the builder ship?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah I like my new Katana alot. What weapons do you all use? I have yet to try the meso beam things.

Can I conceivably kill a Xenon K with the Katana?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 18, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think my Terran econ choked :( Theres only one Silicon Carbide plant and its at Jupiter with none to sell. Can I take advantage of that and sell silicon there exclusively?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I now own a Syn. Idk if its good yet. Any recommendations on loadout? I imagine I use the nose guns vs enemy destroyers

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Since last posting, Ive almost made it to Asteroid Belt

I hope SETA saves me

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Theres apparently a known bug with signals not appearing. Boarding via Marine thankfully works still

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I havent seen any construction ships in my first VRO game. Hope they didnt break somehow

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Theres a gate that opens when you are super close, into a hanger

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Asteroid belt is meh for me for gas; highest hydrogen density is 0.15 I found. Neptune, Titan and Oort cloud are the main gas sites in Terran space right? I will probe them today if so.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ive a Syn as my main ship. What would you all recommend as underlings assigned to defend in my fleet? Have two Jians two Katanas atm

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Terrans rule imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sauer posted:

I'm building my first station. It has 11 hull part modules and the necessary number of pre-req modules and miners to keep it fed, with plans to add worker accommodations later and I had a few questions:

Is there anyway to speed up construction (aside from SETA)? All the materials have been delivered and a constructor is at the site, but at 15 minutes per module this is going to take hours to complete. I built the docking piers and medium/small docks first and loaded the place up with cargo drones but that seems to have no effect. Seems like I can't hire additional constructors to get some parallel construction going.

Is there anyway to reorder construction? I noticed its building the station in the same order I placed down modules and that means the hull parts fabs are going to be built last even though if one metal refinery and one graphene refinery are functioning we could jump into hull parts immediately and get some cash flow while the rest builds. I ended up tearing it apart and starting over to get the modules into a more rational order but that was kind of tedious.

There doesn't seem to be clean multipliers for most production chains so I'm going to have small surpluses of energy cells, refined metal, and graphene. Will the station manager sell off the excess intelligently or do I need to micromanage that? I notice the production screen does indicate the surpluses after a few cycles.

I set buy orders so the manager will only source materials from my own ships and that's working fine for the miners but the manager keeps sending his transports out to buy refined metals and graphene, which we're making ourselves in greater quantity than we need. Will he knock this off once the stock levels reach a certain point or do I need to take away his company credit card?

Workers seem to magic extra productions out of thin space. Does this mean I'll eventually have to rebalance the build around that or are all modules linear in improvement (every module gets +x% more wares) and I can ignore it?

That was more than expected. Big game, not great exposure of underlying systems.

Oh yeah???