Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I think it's been a while but I don't recall those sorts of problems in x3, but it has been a while since I played it, saw this came out and it brought out some serious nastalgia, but it seems like it might be a better idea to wait for some more fixes to come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Wharf profitablity mod? What is that?

Sky Shadowing posted:

X4 as of late has very much been an idle sort of game for me, alt-tabbed in the background (there are commands you can put in the command line to make it run at full resources and have sound) as I work on other things.

I guess this isn't necessary a down side for me, I enjoy being able to do that at times and if I want to pay 100% attention I can.

Rakeris fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 6, 2021

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yeah one of the first mods I downloaded was a pilot leveling one, as it's just really dumb how it work imo.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

For those of you who play VRO what is your favorite player ship? I've been playing around with the Juan and liking it more than I thought I would, but the kuraokami is pretty solid as well, if I could just figure out what weapons I want on it now...

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Will the split rebuild after they have almost been wiped out?

The xenon have taken all but 3 sectors and I've finally got enough income and stuff going I think I can defend those ( mainly with absurd defence stations sitting on the gates)

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Travic posted:

They should. I've started defending their systems and their economy bounced back pretty quick. You can also help them by doing station building missions and building much bigger stations than they ask for.

Ah cool, that isn't something I had even considered, neat idea.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Where are they posted? Having trouble finding them on mobile.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

The Cheshire Cat posted:

What X4 really needs is a "fleet designer" option where it basically lets you slap down templates not just of individual ships, but of entire fleets, and then any fleets that are missing pieces will just queue up their own construction orders to refill, like resupplying with drones or missiles. The main thing that makes fighter wings such a pain (aside from the issue that a lot of ships just do not have enough docking bays and so they take forever to deploy all their fighters) is having to manually replace all these ships that are extremely easily killed.

There is a mod for that! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2106438676

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Oh yeah boarding takes forever, I normally get the peeps aboard and then go do something else and am randomly surprised about new green ship on map

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Less Fat Luke posted:

I hate that the double whammy of Kha'ak and bad fleet combat loving ruin the endgame still in X4. It's also frustrating to watch the AI take out stations of other AI factions without an issue but all hell breaks loose when you start doing it.

Not played in a bit, but I had found a good chunk of the endgame strat is figuring out what weapon combos NPCs can use OOS and not suicide the shits into things....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I think you would, I often start my play throughs that way and sometimes don't get past that point. I've always enjoyed that part of the games since x2. However until just recently I've not had a PC that could handle more than basic stations or large fleets, so that may change a bit in my just started play through.

It's no elite dangerous when it comes to space fighting, but I feel like it's gotten better than it used to be? (I may just be misremembering)