Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

tildes posted:

Is there a good (ideally written?) intro guide for this game? I liked Mount and Blade and Starsector, so this seems potentially pretty up my alley. For some reason I thought it was a literal 4x game.

If you are new to the game, start out by shooting crystals out in the asteroid fields.

You need to motorboat around the rocks and keep an eye out for a flashing light on a asteroid. Once you see it, fly over, shoot the crystal, and pick up the pieces by pressing the 'O' key (not zero, the letter). Once you get enough, head to a station go to the Trader and you can sell them for easy credits.

Or you can do the manual trading thing but crystals are faster way to get some credits to buy a better boat to run around in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Zereth posted:

Can you build them yourself and then sell the ships to a Yaki shipyard?

You have to have +10 rep with them just to buy the ship's blueprint and have +20 rep with someone just to buy the S/M ship wharf blueprint to build the ship as well.

Some races may allow you to buy the wharf blueprint at +10 so you have to fly around and check. Don't worry, the wharf blueprint is basically the same, no matter who you buy it from........except for the Terrans. They are special snowflakes.