Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
This took me a while to figure out so I'm gonna post it

You can clear keybinds by selecting the bind and pressing DELETE, which is a bit of a pain because the same key closes all the menus

The map was continuously panning when I opened it and started using the mouse, the cause is related somehow to the spaceship automatically swapping to mouse flight mode when it detects the mouse moving. My workaround was to clear all the "Menus - Analogue" keybinds under Settings > Controls > Menu navigation. I can still use the mouse in menus by wiggling it a bit, but it's not causing the map to be unusable

e: If anyone knows where the 'align ship to plane' bind is, please can you let me know?

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I've spent half an hour circling an empty spaceship in my suit looking for an entrance, I can't find one. The tutorial says I need to find a signal next to an entrance while in scan mode, I can't even see the signal and the tutorial keeps declaring the spaceship is mine when it clearly isn't

It's nice to look at though

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

AlexanderCA posted:

What size is the ship. somewhere in small print in the tutorials is that what you're doing is for small ships. M size ships and above require you to send out marines to board it.

Nah it was just a Demeter. I just blew it up, then the game complained it didn't drop the mission-critical crate and failed me

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

AlexanderCA posted:

The Demeter is a M sized ship. So you needed to send in a marine.

Oof, thankyou

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Teladi station got ticked off I grazed them a few times with the starting spaceship's gun, none of the cops had an option to apologise and the station wouldn't talk to me. Is there a way to get out of that? Do I need to load a savegame or put up with that station being enemies forever? (I got blown up this time)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I loaded an old save with the cargo ship I wasn't able to take earlier, today I saw the signal and was able to capture it in my spacesuit

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

SETA can be used in a space suit! A few missions require the suit, and SETA makes those bearable enough to take. There's a mission to hang around at a station and destroy criminals, but the spawn rate is so low it's intolerable even with SETA

My targeting controls don't seem to work while in the suit?

FrickenMoron posted:

Glad to see the black market access missions are still completely broken. I tried to do one with spacefly eggs, got em later and came back to the station and now the bar is gone.

I only discovered this after I'd found a hundred spacefly eggs for all the caviar they wanted - argh

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I have no idea about this specific scenario, but I do know that ships moving as a group is pretty broken right now. Even if you assign a wing a formation and then give a move order, everyone just heads their at their own top speed, leaving slower ships sectors behind. I'm not sure if mixing Ls and Ss will give different results, but it would be interesting.

I had five little ships set to be my wingmen, but they couldn't keep up with me traveling even though they're in scout ships. I assigned them to protect my UT instead, but they keep giving themselves orders to fly to the next station the UT is due to visit, and they individually radio me to tell me when they've completed those orders, even though they have a default order. It's maddening, I'll have to take them off

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I did a single guild mission for the Paranid vs Heretics, where I got to pick from a list of stuff to do for them, but haven't been offered a second. How do I get it to give me another mission? I've since been promoted by the Paranid

My mission was to find and scan a Paranid Bridge Defence station module. It's a common one, so it was easy to find and scan several, which didn't complete the objective. The objective completed itself later on when I scanned an NPC spaceship. In case you're stuck on that type of mission, I reckon it might work if you just scan the correct module and then scan any NPC ship

I just noticed in the encyclopaedia, the false Pontifex's name is Pontifex Maximus Hereticus which is very Warhammer

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I picked up a mission to chase a thief. I took their HP down to 5% and stopped - if you blow the ship up, the mission fails. I didn't know what to do so I followed them to a nearby station, where they docked, so I landed to grace their captain with a lecture on personal responsibility

He must've taken it to heart. I took another potshot at them while they were docked and they immediately surrendered their spaceship

It lifted off the pad just enough to squeeze my spacesuit underneath - mine now

Sadly it never dropped the cargo so I had to abandon the mission

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I get new, nicer paintjobs when I capture spaceships, but because I've only been fighting HOP, half my fleet is flying heretics' colours

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Blueprints for station modules are bought from faction representatives at shipyards, or occasionally earned scanning stations adter completing the player hq questline. Modules are constructed onsite, the builder ship you hire is capable of buying all the materials for you

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I thought the reactor thing was ok, I liked using a bunch of the little pewpew lasers and two plasma guns so i could shoot a long time. If i used all the power i could turn off the plasma guns and keep using the little lasers

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I've had trouble with a bug while assigning managers to stations. Sometimes when I land and attempt to order a crew member to be manager, the game tells me they can't work there

The cause is that when you assign a manager while you're at the station, they have to walk to the office before they appear as a manager in the station information window and begin working. If they didn't make it all the way to the office the game still considers the position filled and won't let you assign someone else. If you undock assuming they'll find their own way there, the game pauses the walk until you dock again. The station appears to have no manager, but you can't assign one either

The solution is to teleport to or land at your station and wait a couple of minutes for them to finish walking to the office. However, if your manager was on a landing platform when the gates closed, the manager stopped moving and won't start again. You have to find them, talk to them and assign them to a ship before they'll begin moving. This is annoying because you cannot see them while undocked, you have to wander around on foot

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Dec 18, 2018

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I captured one, none of the NPC capitals are properly crewed for some reason. I can put it on 'search for build jobs' but it hasn't built any NPC stations

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The factions have so many of the things flying around doing nothing anyway

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Nah you can't be a squid sadly, there's no Boron or Split ships in the game either

Looks like the patch fixes ships baddies eject from taking tons of damage from each shot? As the pulse laser fires in bursts, I've accidentally blown up every abandoned ship I've fought

I like Paranid ships but the capitals look a bit bare

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

It's a shame, the Nemesis looks super deadly

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I'd prefer having Split or Boron in place of Argon. Humans are boring!

I've played a bit of the game but most of the stuff you can do just doesn't work well enough to be satisfying. It's probably time to put this down for a couple of months. Normally I'd be more upset, but Egosoft's earned some trust by X3

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

There exist models for boron in water space suits.

The problem is boron stations

The staff modules look like plastic Live Amazing Sea Monkeys tanks

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Slickdrac posted:

I mean, PPC was not exactly super difficult to dodge or get trapped in heavy fire from, exceptions for gently caress off fleet battles having a couple dozen destroyers on scene.

Is that the Terran gun? When the little racing ship was patched into X3 I enjoyed going to Heretic's End and flying circles around the Terran fleet, they'd blow each other up shooting little white stars all over the place

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Do the AI ships have gun turrets yet or are they still all armed with missiles?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Archonex posted:

Pretty sure it also has some of the stuff that only really shows up in the lore too, like a smuggling compartment.

these are in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

My least favourite part of the ui is the slider to choose the number of turrets in a group