Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

A lot of what X3:AP does is straight better than X4 even now, but the problem is that everything you need to do to get to that stuff is drastically worse

Farnham's Legacy adds some neat stuff but at least at launch the economic sim was fundamentally broken (not even how X3 leaves holes for you to fill, just totally dead), Terran space (if you won the lottery to get the mission for it) was busted, and the dynamic relations were fun but made planning things a real hassle. I wonder if the recent patches made any economies kickstart

I've been playing for a while and even with 5+ of my trade ships covering a region that has both weapons factories and outposts no one has anything in stock. Pathfinding seems weird in general though, if I set a trader to Universe they'll sometimes get stuck on standby/"searching for trade route" but they trade fine if I set them to trade in a sector +5 jumps. Everything worked fine for me until Xenon Ks started appearing in the hub, I think having Xenon in the most travelled sector in the game might just be breaking everything.

Probably the most infuriating bug in FL right now is the one that makes local AI start attacking enemy ships again when you claim them, it seems to happen about half the time if you're fighting in a populated sector and a enemy bails out. All of these are supposed to be fixed in 1.2 along with a bunch of other bugs, though

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

quote:

Fixed attacking capital ships staying outside weapon range.

Improved range and force of container magnet for M, L and XL ships.

sounds good

quote:

Fixed explosions of large objects not doing damage.

I wonder how much damage we're talking about

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

apparently quite a bit lol

thats cool but it makes me want to buy fighter wings even less

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think all that's known about it so far is what's on the German government's declaration page: https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Artikel/DG/games-projekte/x4-ahoy.html

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

thats just the Grade system from Tales games

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FrickenMoron posted:

Just a warning that overproduction of computronic substrate can actually empty sectors of their resources, aka they cant respawn fast enough cause of your consumption.

not even space is safe from the crypto scourge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lagidnam posted:

- Improved capital ships using forward-mounted guns in combat when player not present.

that was my biggest beef with fleet combat last time I tried X4