Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Is the 'stagnant economy' thing the reason why my size M miners all seem to be stuck in an eternal hell queue waiting to dock at the ore refinery in Argon Prime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

Fixed AutoMiners not selling the resources that they gather.

Well that certainly explains a lot! That hell queue in Argon Prime should hopefully vanish soon then :v:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

I was wondering where the Xenon went because I hardly saw any. Then I got to Teladi space…

There's an I and two K casually murdering an entire sector while the Xenon are building new stations in Ianamus Zura. I'm at 20M net worth at this stage. No idea how to deal with it, but I hit 20 rep with Teladi by thinning out fighters and got awarded my new rank amidst explosions in the trade station…

e: Nvidium is interesting because you make the most money by filling the entire storage at once. As storage fills up the price goes down. So if you can crystal mine yourself to an L miner you can fill it with Nvidium and get >2M credits each by filling trade stations, then after all trade stations have been filled you can put the ship to mine silicon which also heavily benefits from the large hold.

Yeah, the Teladi just seem to get totally hosed by the Xenon early on. In my game their Faction Representative is on a station under siege by an I and five K's. What's worse is that it'll never end as the station seems to be partially under construction, but the K's cant destroy under-construction modules or construction storage, so the station sits there incomplete and a builder occasionally flies right into the Xenon blockade and dies instantly.

I mean at least it's just a trade station and not a wharf or shipyard so it shouldn't hamstring them too much, but it sucks I'll never be able to pick up my rank upgrade or any Teladi blueprints

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

As much as I'm enjoying picking this up again, the Project Genesis start is super annoying given how the Oberth shows up next to the PHQ and just starts spamming Long Range Scan pings 24/7

It wouldn't be so bad, but the sound of it can be heard all the way on the other side of the sector and none of the objectives I've completed have gotten it to stop.

But hey, at least I managed to find all the pieces for a SETA this time :shobon:

Hizawk posted:

Just got the game and am completely confused.

I did the terran scientist start, pooped out some satellites, then had a mission to acquire some components.

I was like, sure, whatever, flew to the station to pickup the components and then it said I need money to buy the components.

I only have 5000 credits.

How do I get money?

I started with some other stuff in my inventory that I was able to sell to cover the cost, but had to scroll down to see it. Not sure if that was just random chance or guaranteed.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 18, 2021

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Does anyone else feel that the Rapier feels really out of place in the Terran ship lineup? That weird tall design seems way off from the usual Terran aesthetic.

As a counterpoint, I got a Katana last night and now I almost don't want to fly anything else any more, it looks great and the interior is laid out really well. From the sounds of things, the next stop is finding Split space to get some new engines to make it even better

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm quite a ways off from setting up my own full fleets (without cheating) but I'm curious about how Auxilliary ships are meant to work. What role are they meant to fill that Carriers don't already do?

Is it that Carriers are meant to be more survivable in combat so you can put them in fleets, while Auxilliary ships are meant to be parked away from combat?

Also in a vaguely related question, is there an option that I'm missing that will let my AI ships automatically go repair themselves? I was messing around with a Chiba and a flight of Takobas last night, but the fighters would never repair themselves at the carrier unless I specifically told them to do so. Is that something else I'd need a mod for?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well, that certainly sounds like a WAY cheaper way to maintain your own ships instead of having to buy 3 multi-million cred blueprints and then build an entire station just to get your own repair facilities. The part about being able to assign traders to them and that they can repair L/XL ships should really be made more obvious.

I guess I'm saving up for a Honshu then :v:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well RIP to that save. I finally started colonising Nopelios' Fortune and set up a Katana to Police the sector.

For some reason a passing TEL fleet took offense to being scanned in space I owned and turned hostile. Lost a station, every defending ship, and a handful of miners and traders :negative:

At least I can start fresh knowing where to find stuff, how to balance my production, and what not to build/buy.

Is there a good way to prevent that happening again in future? Ignore Policing and just set SCA to Hostile?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

murphyslaw posted:

I've no answer for you sadly but I just have to say that the friendly fire systems in X4 are just bad. You shouldn't have to restart a game or save neurotically because the game doesn't understand that you're protecting your assets from pirates or even worse get attacked because some of your shots glanced a station you were... Protecting from attack.

I don't even know if it WAS friendly fire. I was docked in my other station in that sector looking at the map when all of a sudden half the blue triangles turned red.

There weren't even any enemies in-sector when it happened so I have no idea what the gently caress happened.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

One thing I noticed with research is that it sometimes asks for such a small amount of a material the AI never bothers with the order because it doesn't think its worth their time, even if there's materials available nearby. For stuff like Advanced Electronics I had to manually increase the buy order amount to get anyone to deliver some for research earlier in the tree.

The same can happen with Build Storage too, there's nothing like having a station sit unfinished for over an hour because nobody wants to bother delivering a single unit of Silicon Carbide from the factory literally next door :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'd love a mod that just turned their ships into weak, nearly-harmless loot pinatas, so you actually want to keep finding Khaak ships. However, I get a feeling that could break other parts of the game, especially if they turn up somewhere in the story