Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I played the X3 series and loved them for an open world sandbox and building self sustaining space facilities and loving around.

I thought X:Rebirth was absolutely horrible and gave it up rapidly, it felt like a horrible console game, even on PC.

Should I buy X4? It's been out for a while now but it seems hard to nail down specific info:

Can I build self sustaining stations?
Is the absolute poo poo space highway still in it instead of proper jumpgates?
Is there competent fleet management?
Can I use marines to capture ships?
Can I run freighters remotely (Can I even own a freighter network)?
Is it fun and enjoyable as a sandbox?
Is it worth it to get the game with all the expansions? So the expansions add anything meaningful?
Does it work with a legit joystick?

I've read reviews but find them unreliable at best.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

All right thanks people, I'll pull the trigger on the big rear end bundle with all the poo poo.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

The player conversely can relocate anywhere in the universe because of the teleporter technology you discover in the plot, based off the old transporter technology from X3.

There's a plot? I played for 4 hours last night playing the start that has tutorials enabled and I never got a single radio call or starting point at all. I'm where I spawned in Black Hole Sun with absolutely nothing to do. I had a single job offer to hire a pilot, which I did, and then absolutely nothing.

I also saw no tutorials to speak of beyond the ones I had to start myself by hitting H.

Do I need to do something to get that started?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks everyone

My start was in Black Hole Sun with a tiny ship that had one gun and 10k total to my name.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

chglcu posted:

Do you have the signal leak indicator accessibility setting enabled? Think that might be a new thing, but it’s made hunting down leaks much less of a pain than it used to be. At least I assume that’s what’s creating targets for them in the hud.

Oh thank god, I quit playing this months ago because I'm hearing impaired and that was basically not possible for me to do besides dumb luck, if it's what I was thinking of.