Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and killed.

The last thread got closed, so I am making a new one because this game is a hell of a lot more fun than most games I've been playing lately and I'd love to see some discussion about who everyone likes to play.

Here are the list of killers:

Each killer has their own unique ability. Some are easier to play then others, often leading to endless discussions that so and so is overpowered, so and so is laughably bad, no u suk, git gud, etc. They also have their own skill trees that you walk down spending bloodpoints to gain items and augmentations for future matches. You can also unlock different skins for their heads, bodies, and weapons.

Here are the list of survivors:

Like the killers, each survivor has their perks with lots of discussion on who is the best, useless, hardest, easiest to use.

Both the Killers and Survivors gain exp/bloodpoints after every match for doing certain things. Bloodpoints can be spent on a randomized skill tree that offers you one match effects that can augment your character in some way. Other items can be bought on this skill tree that will give your character perks that can be equipped forever that also augment them as well. As you progress your character slowly gets better and better, being able to either kill or escape quicker and easier. Balancing all of this is probably maddening, so sucks to be a dev who gets crap for everything they might tweak.

Most matches seem to last from 10-20 minutes depending. Offering quick bites of action that you don't really need to commit an entire night to actually progress.

The game can be found on Steam here. It's $19.99 and you get about half of the Killers and Survivors. The rest you will need to buy separately. Every so often they add a new DLC that usually includes a new survivor and killer to play.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I can't sleep because of this game.

Not because it's scary... but because my wife plays it all the time at night and can't stop screaming "RAAAAAPE", "loving oval office BITCH", and "HE'S COMING AFTER ME gently caress THAT GUY HE'S ON MY rear end gently caress MY rear end WHY ME AHHHHH"

This is 100% factual.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've been playing with some friends on discord and everyone else who just kind of hangs out in voice chat and doesn't play leaves because it's just 4 people screaming for 20 minutes straight. I've never seen a game make people go completely poo poo nuts like this before.

I've been playing The Wraith as a killer lately and I seem to do a lot better with this guy than anyone else. I've had quite a few total wins with little to no escapees. Looking over most peoples rankings, he's usually at the bottom for some reason, and I have no idea why. Maybe later on as everyone ranks up, they can just get past his tricks and he just shines in the lower rankings more?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 30, 2018

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
She's played like 900 hours and still plays it scared shitless, rather than a game to win. I don't understand.

Elephants
Aug 8, 2014

Garfu posted:

She's played like 900 hours and still plays it scared shitless, rather than a game to win. I don't understand.

Haha its because I love the game. I get scared because the game is still exciting to me!

Sinable
Oct 12, 2017
It's true. I'm also effected by this game on a daily basis... sad but it's my reality now.

Elephants
Aug 8, 2014

Why did they get rid of the other thread for dbd?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I just picked up this game a few days ago. I mostly play survivors (Claudette for the self heal atm) but my killer has been wraith.

It’s ruined my sleep patterns.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Read the other thread, lots of complaining about the toxic community.

I’ve personally had great experiences fwiw. People are nice, only a couple games people DC’d, a killer felt bad and carried me to the trapdoor when all 3 survivors DC’d, most give tips. Only a couple douchey comments “lol killer more like spectator” but that was abnormal.

So I’m liking the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yes hello I'm here to poop on the game in the new thread some more.

I don't know how they managed to dump all over The Spirit so hard between her PTR stint and release, she's just 'Nurse: But Bad' even in the best of times.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Philthy posted:

I've been playing with some friends on discord and everyone else who just kind of hangs out in voice chat and doesn't play leaves because it's just 4 people screaming for 20 minutes straight. I've never seen a game make people go completely poo poo nuts like this before.

I've been playing The Wraith as a killer lately and I seem to do a lot better with this guy than anyone else. I've had quite a few total wins with little to no escapees. Looking over most peoples rankings, he's usually at the bottom for some reason, and I have no idea why. Maybe later on as everyone ranks up, they can just get past his tricks and he just shines in the lower rankings more?

I've been watching some streams of this game and one of the problems with the Wraith is that if everyone guesses right and brings along or locates some flashlights you can bully the Wraith by constantly burning off his stealth. But this isn't something people at the lower rungs think about.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Runaktla posted:

Read the other thread, lots of complaining about the toxic community.

I’ve personally had great experiences fwiw. People are nice, only a couple games people DC’d, a killer felt bad and carried me to the trapdoor when all 3 survivors DC’d, most give tips. Only a couple douchey comments “lol killer more like spectator” but that was abnormal.

So I’m liking the game.

I've found the players to be pretty nice overall. A few have given tips after they escaped when I play the killer, one guy came up with a witty insult which made me laugh because the way I played it was true (He kited me all over the map). One match as a survivor the killer must have felt bad for us seeing as it was our first time playing and let us figure out how to do the generators. But since it's mostly all 'gg' win or lose.

When I play a killer I don't hook camp people, as that seems to piss people off the most in this game (According to the steam forums), and other killer videos seem to show it's more efficient to be doing other things anyways.

Stretch Marx posted:

I've been watching some streams of this game and one of the problems with the Wraith is that if everyone guesses right and brings along or locates some flashlights you can bully the Wraith by constantly burning off his stealth. But this isn't something people at the lower rungs think about.

I've run into this maybe twice so far. When you get blinded as a Wraith, it doesn't stun you, but you can still attack. Players have always stood right in front of me with the flashlight, and by the time I get unblinded, they've been laying on the floor ready to be hooked. I had one person follow me with a flashlight while I was carrying someone but I kept my sight away from them as I side strafed to a hook, and immediately went after them after I hooked my victim. I haven't found flashlights to be much of a problem as of yet. Maybe if multiple people work together with them? I dunno. I guess I'll find out.

Elephants posted:

Why did they get rid of the other thread for dbd?

The OP closed it because they didn't like the game anymore.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 30, 2018

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've been looking at this game for months but just can't get a good read of it. It has problems but looks fun? The community complains alot like every games community but I can't tell how much is real or bullshit.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Higher ranks are fine. Most of the problems are run into at lower ranks.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

Higher ranks are fine. Most of the problems are run into at lower ranks.

It's the very opposite, unless you're using "higher" to say "the big number (20-10) ranks" in that weird way.

At lower on the totem pole ranks you can do whatever and just fart around for the most part, that's where the game's actually fun. At high up ranks every survivor starts to have the exact same supermeta loadouts (Self-care, sprint burst/lithe, dead hard, decisive strike, urban evasion, sometimes borrowed time) that BHVR have basically resolved to let run wild forever so they don't displease the higher population side of their game. After you're out of the goof around "People who might actually be trying to have fun with the game" ranks the entire thing is in the survivors hands, if they maximum gen rush you and know how to loop, there's nothing you can really do but play Nurse and even then SWF groups can often kick you around, otherwise the game's over in like 5 minutes. This is another one of those situations where the devs are desperate to make their twitch buddies like them, so they take every out to give survivor options slaps on the wrist while gutting killer options, even 'equal' nerfs like the survivors Brand New Part and killers Memento Mori's, BNP remains incredibly good while mori's got an annoying extra hoop to jump through for use.

If I have one word of wisdom, it's don't bother getting too good at this game, don't subject yourself to the high rank balance or lack thereof.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Philthy posted:

I've run into this maybe twice so far. When you get blinded as a Wraith, it doesn't stun you, but you can still attack. Players have always stood right in front of me with the flashlight, and by the time I get unblinded, they've been laying on the floor ready to be hooked. I had one person follow me with a flashlight while I was carrying someone but I kept my sight away from them as I side strafed to a hook, and immediately went after them after I hooked my victim. I haven't found flashlights to be much of a problem as of yet. Maybe if multiple people work together with them? I dunno. I guess I'll find out.

The main purpose of flashlights is to cause killers to drop people. Combines with the burn off means in higher teirs someone will usually have a flashlight. But the other half is that the wraith is a bit slow and gets juked alot.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the other thread closed only partially because of the lovely esports streamer culture that had entirely consumed this game.

the other part is that the game is incredibly simple and it’s action is supported by the world’s most blatant Skinner box in existence, so the balance ranges between “all over the place” to “why bother” and the developers are entirely uninterested in changing any of that by adding anything that would interfere with the fundamental formula.

I asked what constitutes “good survivor play” for OVER A YEAR and the closest thing I got to an answer was “use this broken as gently caress combination of perks and bingo you are now invincible”, with the blinding lack of awareness that said perks required dozens of hours of play to secure. the other non hints people haphazardly tried to slap together into a meta amounted to “do not be seen” or increasing the chance one survivor at least would get away by giving yourself carpal tunnel and spending maximal time with no agency.

i would hope that the game has turned itself around somehow but from literally all indications I have seen it has not and it remains an incredibly bad game with a very attractive coat of paint.

this game

is BAD

not just a little bad

like insanely bad

if you like it anyway good on you it’s the cheapest entertainment you’re gonna get in a lot of ways but let’s stay honest: this game is bad.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Yardbomb posted:

It's the very opposite, unless you're using "higher" to say "the big number (20-10) ranks" in that weird way.

At lower on the totem pole ranks you can do whatever and just fart around for the most part, that's where the game's actually fun. At high up ranks every survivor starts to have the exact same supermeta loadouts (Self-care, sprint burst/lithe, dead hard, decisive strike, urban evasion, sometimes borrowed time) that BHVR have basically resolved to let run wild forever so they don't displease the higher population side of their game. After you're out of the goof around "People who might actually be trying to have fun with the game" ranks the entire thing is in the survivors hands, if they maximum gen rush you and know how to loop, there's nothing you can really do but play Nurse and even then SWF groups can often kick you around, otherwise the game's over in like 5 minutes. This is another one of those situations where the devs are desperate to make their twitch buddies like them, so they take every out to give survivor options slaps on the wrist while gutting killer options, even 'equal' nerfs like the survivors Brand New Part and killers Memento Mori's, BNP remains incredibly good while mori's got an annoying extra hoop to jump through for use.

If I have one word of wisdom, it's don't bother getting too good at this game, don't subject yourself to the high rank balance or lack thereof.

Yeah. I meant lower as in rank 1. That's when most people have the meta perks and it's just bleh. I hate the concept of teachables.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

the other thread closed only partially because of the lovely esports streamer culture that had entirely consumed this game.

the other part is that the game is incredibly simple and it’s action is supported by the world’s most blatant Skinner box in existence, so the balance ranges between “all over the place” to “why bother” and the developers are entirely uninterested in changing any of that by adding anything that would interfere with the fundamental formula.

I asked what constitutes “good survivor play” for OVER A YEAR and the closest thing I got to an answer was “use this broken as gently caress combination of perks and bingo you are now invincible”, with the blinding lack of awareness that said perks required dozens of hours of play to secure. the other non hints people haphazardly tried to slap together into a meta amounted to “do not be seen” or increasing the chance one survivor at least would get away by giving yourself carpal tunnel and spending maximal time with no agency.

i would hope that the game has turned itself around somehow but from literally all indications I have seen it has not and it remains an incredibly bad game with a very attractive coat of paint.

this game

is BAD

not just a little bad

like insanely bad

if you like it anyway good on you it’s the cheapest entertainment you’re gonna get in a lot of ways but let’s stay honest: this game is bad.

I guess I still don't know how you're rating the game bad. Everyone "wins" matches, even if they die. As the killer if everyone escapes, the killer still gets bloodpoints for actions done. If you hook and kill one person, and the other three escape, it's still a good match for everyone involved. For me, killing all four as a killer isn't the one and only goal that makes or breaks me having fun or not. Likewise, being killed as a survivor doesn't make me just say man this sucks, I still get some bloodpoints and move on.

The game has been fun as hell so far, and my killer is around level 20 and matches have been getting easier.

The matches go quick, and sometimes the teams work, and sometimes they dont. Expecting them to go perfect every time is silly.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 30, 2018

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
So.

Why would anyone NOT play as the killer? I've never really understood that in games like this and Evolved. Do some people just like to be the mouse? I mean I get people that play as the divers in Depth because you get guns and are actually more lethal than the sharks, but it's there an equivalent to that style in this game?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The survivors have their own skill trees, perks/abilties, items. They get better as you level them up. I generally play survivor with buddies, and when they're not around I play the killer.

Both sides are a challenge and offer two totally different experiences.

I've got 11 hours logged into this game already. 90% of that time spent on a *single* killer that I am having a blast with. I've gotten my $20 worth easily. If every killer offers me this, manoman. The fun vs $ ratio is pretty drat good.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Garfu posted:

I can't sleep because of this game.

Not because it's scary... but because my wife plays it all the time at night and can't stop screaming "RAAAAAPE", "loving oval office BITCH", and "HE'S COMING AFTER ME gently caress THAT GUY HE'S ON MY rear end gently caress MY rear end WHY ME AHHHHH"

This is 100% factual.

I can't play counterstrike with this guy cuz his wife is always screaming rape in the background

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

So.

Why would anyone NOT play as the killer? I've never really understood that in games like this and Evolved. Do some people just like to be the mouse? I mean I get people that play as the divers in Depth because you get guns and are actually more lethal than the sharks, but it's there an equivalent to that style in this game?

It's the same reason as the Depth thought, they're not more "lethal" in this case but survivors are absolutely the stronger side and there's a bunch of ~personalities~ for this game that are great big douchebags, so a lot of people don't want to bother getting bullied by bullshit SWF groups. Which hey that brings me to another thought, outside voice chat hurt this game a lot. The devs explicitly kept it out in the original design, there's still a bunch of launch/early perks that make this really obvious, where they're balanced almost entirely on the survivors not being able to give their whole team the constant play-by-play, really the entire idea of people being on the hook and "Is it safe or is it dangerous to go for the save" as well, guess what happened when they caved to people haranguing them for a full team queue (SWF, Survive With Friends) option.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Philthy posted:

I guess I still don't know how you're rating the game bad.
the game of tag i played on the schoolyard at age 6 has deeper mechanics, less boring helpless padding, and fewer racial slurs. and i played tag in a poor, recently integrated school district in the South, though admittedly that did help the mechanics portion by adding piles of trash and scrap metal you really, really wanted to avoid.

like i said, good on you if you manage to have fun with this game. i certainly am not here to tell you that you're wrong. keep playing it and keep having fun. what i was responding to is why it fell out of vogue and the last thread died a particularly ignoble death, and that answer is simple: DbD is more dumbed down and has less content and value than actual factual Tag.

the homogenized experience ends up being the survivors being helpless downed/on a hook or a killer having to deal with some jizz drinker doing an infinite window loop or abusing perk combinations that are the reward for tolerating the game for 60 hours. it's easy to say that it's not a big deal to lose a match, but that's not the point. the point is that after you've played a few hundred matches and it finally sets in that 25%+ of your life playing this game has been either chasing some stupid gently caress turning a chase game into a window loop de loop or pressing A<->D and Space in the Prescribed Half Second Pace you realize that you've been doing the literal stupidest human tricks of your life for blood points that have staggeringly small amounts of value even in game in the hope that someday your efforts will make a difference, but you know deep down that they won't because the developers like this slow skinner box. it rewards their most dedicated advertisers and addicts (the streamer population that made the game big in the first place) and nothing else really matters that much to them.

in the Discord that people were chatting in during the last thread, some folks had a serious spell broken moment when they got away from DbD for a few days and then went and played a game with real crunch and content. even if it had nothing to do with the genre, like Rimworld, for example, it threw stark contrast on exactly how stupidly shallow DbD was and how much time you spent doing repetitive, boring, and unproductive poo poo for a couple extra blood points that were never going to matter.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 1, 2018

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Are there private matches?

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

RBX posted:

Are there private matches?

Yes, you can have private matches.

All the perks and items are unlocked for you to play with.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
After playing this game on and off for a few months, its managed to be simultaneously the most fun i've had online in a long time and the absolutely most miserable experience i've ever had.

Last time I played killer the last guy was hiding around the map, i searched for him for a good 6 minutes, got bored and checked a random locker.

We spent a good five minutes in the after game lobby screaming "I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE IN THERE" "WHAT THE gently caress NO WAY" "NO SERIOUSLY IT WAS ENTIRELY LUCK I WAS BORED" "FUUUUUUCK"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

the game of tag i played on the schoolyard at age 6 has deeper mechanics, less boring helpless padding, and fewer racial slurs. and i played tag in a poor, recently integrated school district in the South, though admittedly that did help the mechanics portion by adding piles of trash and scrap metal you really, really wanted to avoid.

like i said, good on you if you manage to have fun with this game. i certainly am not here to tell you that you're wrong. keep playing it and keep having fun. what i was responding to is why it fell out of vogue and the last thread died a particularly ignoble death, and that answer is simple: DbD is more dumbed down and has less content and value than actual factual Tag.

the homogenized experience ends up being the survivors being helpless downed/on a hook or a killer having to deal with some jizz drinker doing an infinite window loop or abusing perk combinations that are the reward for tolerating the game for 60 hours. it's easy to say that it's not a big deal to lose a match, but that's not the point. the point is that after you've played a few hundred matches and it finally sets in that 25%+ of your life playing this game has been either chasing some stupid gently caress turning a chase game into a window loop de loop or pressing A<->D and Space in the Prescribed Half Second Pace you realize that you've been doing the literal stupidest human tricks of your life for blood points that have staggeringly small amounts of value even in game in the hope that someday your efforts will make a difference, but you know deep down that they won't because the developers like this slow skinner box. it rewards their most dedicated advertisers and addicts (the streamer population that made the game big in the first place) and nothing else really matters that much to them.

in the Discord that people were chatting in during the last thread, some folks had a serious spell broken moment when they got away from DbD for a few days and then went and played a game with real crunch and content. even if it had nothing to do with the genre, like Rimworld, for example, it threw stark contrast on exactly how stupidly shallow DbD was and how much time you spent doing repetitive, boring, and unproductive poo poo for a couple extra blood points that were never going to matter.

Thanks for this. Honestly, it just sounds like burn out. I mean, I agree with a lot you wrote. It is a VERY simple game. But that is the charm for me. I already play a ton of games with crunch. But this game is pretty chill as a killer, and just frantic as a survivor. You don't have to think too much about what you're doing other than the general juking around obstacles. I have no problem with that, and I find it as enjoyable as playing something like Tetris or your basic match 4 game. If I ever get to 60 hours in the game and get disillusioned with it, I somehow doubt I could ever rate it "bad' though. Flawed, maybe.

Haven't seen anything toxic from the players in the actual game itself though. I play a lot of PUBG and other "competitive" shooters, so even if I did I'm not sure I would even care honestly. XBOX sort of set the bar of that behaviour years ago.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 1, 2018

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's kinda my thing with it.

This could never be my primary game, but honestly if all of the anger mostly comes from people that have tried to make this their primary game and then come away dissatisfied, then yeah, i'm not surprised people are angry.

That said killer still owns and I don't think i've ever come across a full stack of decisive spammers that i've not just laughed and slugged away.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i want it to be clear: i did not attempt to make this my main game for any length of time (this is, in fact, pretty contrary to how i play games as a whole). it is not burnout in the sense of 'i have seen too much'. i bought this game at launch, presuming that it would grow on a trajectory much like most other games. it did not, does not, will not. we can throw up all the half-hearted defenses of the game that we can muster, from 'it's 20$, what do you expect' to 'but only x% of people have access to this mechanic anyway' but it doesn't change the fact that the homogenization of experience happens, happens often, and happens for a substantial amount of the time you are playing the game. literally every community devoted to this game is littered with these complaints.

i kept playing the game in the hope that the more experienced ranks would be better, or that there would eventually be a weird balance to the perks where counter-picking and meta-game strategy was an actual thing, but it's not. perk balance swings wildly from patch to patch and DLC to DLC, and it is in the developers' best interest that it does so. obvious breakages of basic mechanics (such as what happened with Self-Care + Borrowed Time) stays unchanged for months with no comment from the team. the field remains absolutely littered with filler and trap perks that amount to a tax on newer players, demanding both blood points and time before they can do something useful.

ultimately, what it boils down to is that there are not enough concepts in this game to make it enjoyable. if you get rid of all infinijuke points, survivor play becomes a frustrating exercise in idiocy because the only way you can even remotely get enough distance to escape a killer is to pull off a pallet stun, which has some real collision problems and has since release. this leads directly to the question 'what constitutes good survivor play' as if you get spotted, a killer generally needs to be half starved and drunk to not catch you. if you leave infinijuke points in, even in a semi-randomized format the way they currently have them, then there are safe points where the survivors are completely safe from the killer and have no reason to fear them, even in the context of 'rulebreaking' killers like the Nurse. in fact, it's telling that the new hotness killers they release have to build gimmicks from 'ignore walls' and 'look at dudes prior to stabbing them' because there is so little in the box that they don't have anything else to latch onto. friday the 13th handled this basic tug of war by making survivors faster than the killer, but subject to stamina, having all of their safe spots subject to destruction, and instituting a hard time limit so wasting the killer's time was actively a real victory. these are not complicated concepts, but their inclusion made decision making much more fluid and much less binary in that game versus DbD.

I didn't see too much of this game. I saw too little of it. And that's why it's bad, versus flawed. It's actively an inadequate design to deliver a good asymmetric experience.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You ever think maybe you should do something other than poo poo on this game every opportunity you get, though?

It's not healthy man.

"there are not enough concepts in this game to make it enjoyable."

Plenty of people are finding it fun. If you are not finding it fun, stop playing it. Stop following this thread. Ignore it. I find it ridiculous that I have to go to loving reddit to talk about this game because the thread here is just you complaining about it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there was a question on the board and I answered it dude, i didn’t feel the answer was understood so I followed up. you will note I very specifically said i wasn’t here to mess with people in my first post. you want to have fun with the game that’s all you and like I said already I’m not here to tell you you’re wrong, but the game has some mammoth issues and they have been getting worse, not better, and the real solutions are not things that the developers are interested in pursuing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I understand you completely. I play another game with glaring problems the devs ignore to cater to a certain crowd to the games detriment and you want to keep awareness up and hold them accountable and make the game better but come off as a whiny prick to people that like it. The problems don't come up until you're so intimately familiar with the game that you've already poured way too many hours into it and "worse" players either don't mind or don't care.

Do people actually play the dlc or did most not buy any. I almost never see anything but that farm map.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Datamined cosmetics for the update on the 19th
https://imgur.com/a/lTcjvsH

Mush face doc is pretty great.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm diggin' all of those. All of 'em!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hopped onto killer to clear out my daily's. Caused a DC by using my Mori on a guy who was just continually following me around and trying to flashlight/pallet stun me.

Rip you guy, i've got a loving axe.

Next game, find a guy at the start, hook him, 3 survivors run at me, not quite sure what their plan is.

If it was to give me the adept huntress achievement I was going for, congrats guys, you did it! Go you!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
As an FYI, there are tutorials for playing a survivor and killer. Finishing each one gives you 25,000 bloodpoints for each. They take maybe 5-10 minutes.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Been playing for a while got to higher levels... now level 11 level for my killers... and yeah every third game is someone whining about me. I play hag as my primary killer and just picked up and starting on playing pig.

But I’ve also had a fair amount of positive comments and fair criticism.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Runaktla posted:

Been playing for a while got to higher levels... now level 11 level for my killers... and yeah every third game is someone whining about me. I play hag as my primary killer and just picked up and starting on playing pig.

But I’ve also had a fair amount of positive comments and fair criticism.

The survivor community can be incredibly toxic to the point of insanity. I haven't gotten into the higher ranks but the killers I've played against have been generally chill even when they get stomped while survivors are a neverending fount of complaining and trash talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I remember when I started playing there was a Killer who saw how awful me and a homie were (after half the party dropped), so he just kept chasing us, getting a wound in and then letting us heal each other and fix generators, he also let us hit him with pallets for extra blood points. Probably one of the most friendly interactions I've ever had playing multiplayer in my entire life.

• Locked thread