Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Poor Apple, the only one without a partner.

Also god drat, I just realized Max's gun is a gatling assault rifle. And it has an entirely unusable scope.

Also also I want to know the eyepatch girl's story.

It was kind of interesting how it felt like we were coming in at the end of a high school movie with her and the jock as the leads.

As for Apple, he's the DJ. He's facilitating dances, not dancing himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm so glad Apple was playing such boring loving music for the party, it seems extremely fitting. like "oh yeah of course he'd play this, that nerd"

Starsnostars posted:

Yuri and Max's house is so nice.

So many plants ... I wanna visit, I bet it smells nice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Max and Yuri still need to kiss.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Max and Yuri still need to kiss.

True, but it was nice of this episode to just casually acknowledge that they're a couple and presumably do a lot of kissing off-screen. One thing that's consistently separated this show from more straightforwardly baity stuff is the constant, background understanding that LGBT folks exist in this setting, and are actually pretty common. Putting more of that on-screen would be neat, but at least they're saying 'yeah, that's an option' rather than hiding in vague subtext and ambiguity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also young Max had a good look going on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was expecting max's backstory to be something regrettable or pathetic she had risen past since it involved a high school prom. nope! it turns out that max was always cool as hell and it was everyone else who sucked.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i was expecting max's backstory to be something regrettable or pathetic she had risen past since it involved a high school prom. nope! it turns out that max was always cool as hell and it was everyone else who sucked.

It was a neat and surprisingly heavy twist, particularly since the story they seemed to be building towards seemed pretty lame.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Yeah, I was extremely pleased with that.
Like: "Oh, you want to be my girl for the prom? Sure thing hon, let me go hire a suit." :sparkles:

It's a shame it had such a sad ending though. :cry:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
max is very cool and good and im glad her backstory wasn't lame, even if it made me sad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

*There's no alcohol in her beer

I'm weeks behind, but lol anyway..

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like how they do the episode preview fakeout just enough that it doesn't get annoying

E: Ah they double faked out!

E2: Thread title: "Next time, something unexpected happens! Or maybe it doesn't!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 18, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The one thing that really surprised me is that Kiril is legit good at rocket-skating.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think kirill is probably good at all sorts of things which are not actually useful

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kirill is good at things that are not being a cop.

Unfortunately, that's his job.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

quote:

"I'll give you head pats later."

God this show is so loving queer and I love it. And I mean, the whole "shirtless Doug riding on Kirill's shoulders" sequence was just... :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The_White_Crane posted:

God this show is so loving queer and I love it. And I mean, the whole "shirtless Doug riding on Kirill's shoulders" sequence was just... :allears:

I mean you're not wrong, but I'm pretty sure that line is callback to how Rookie reminds Pink of her old dog. Since you usually give head pats to dogs.

Unrelated, but I like how this show treats the viewer. I love how this show says I'm smart. :unsmith:

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 19, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how Yuri has a crotch and rear end display port

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's for Max

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The_White_Crane posted:

Excuse me there is nothing going on between Pink and her dog

I love her utter contempt for her boss

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 19, 2018

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

How many episodes doe this show have? Because I'm really hoping the hints of a sinister conspiracy amount to nothing, it would be very much in theme.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iirc it's a two cour show, so at least 24.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
its 13 episodes unfortunately, much as i wish this was 2 cour

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I can't believe Big Boss is going to kill Kirill

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

its 13 episodes unfortunately, much as i wish this was 2 cour

noooooooooooooo

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Dat bitch turned into a bee!

"We identified the poison and she'll be alright."

:thunk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

Dat bitch turned into a bee!

"We identified the poison and she'll be alright."

:thunk:

She'll bee alright.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So Pink's gun fires high explosive rounds?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

So Pink's gun fires high explosive rounds?

I mean, it's not like that's much of a surprise, is it? It even kind of looks like the XM109.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kirill....

is powerful

Delicious sandwich
Nov 6, 2011
He is indeed.

I can't believe all of the Ghostbusters died under mysterious circumstances.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

For some reason i really dig they used the character's first names, but the actor's last.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kirill is such a good person. :unsmith:

I think this might be the first time someone stopped the Anthem user before they transformed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kirill writing a paper and immediately forgetting every word he wrote is so relatable.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Bride Kirill is beautiful.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I like how when Kirill is explaining the gene editing, it's some impromptu thing presented in the order his vague memories come to him, rather than a super-smooth presentation.

Starsnostars posted:

Bride Kirill is beautiful.

Don't worry, Dad. If I can persuade a pretty-boy detective to wear a wedding dress for me, I can probably do the same with a real woman later

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

Don't worry, Dad. If I can persuade a pretty-boy detective to wear a wedding dress for me, I can probably do the same with a real woman later

Or a guy, who knows what'll happen. I'm open.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Or a guy, who knows what'll happen. I'm open.

Kiril definitely broadened his horizons.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad that right after it made me doubt whether this Kirill was the real thing they reassure me that yes, that is still my idiot son.

Edit: Gus is a good kid, and I don't know what to do in this new world of competent Kirill.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 26, 2018

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I love this idiot show and it's idiot cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The formal clothes rental places must make a fortune in this city.