Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
NOTHING MATTER AND THE POST APOCALYPTIC FUTURE WON’T EVEN BE COOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/yoyoha/status/1057424007887286273

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
100% he goes to prison

maybe

i mean nothing matters so lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I missed 200 posts and I'm glad they were mostly funny

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1057655675080314880?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This looks amazing btw.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Is that the cartoon where Pluto is kidnapped and eviscerated by a mad scientist?

1930's Disney was hardcore.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Woooooooooo

https://twitter.com/KendallBreitman/status/1057668885435088901?s=19

WOOOOOOOOO

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What in tarnation.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Everytime I think I'm irredeemably stupid I can just look at these people and feel much better

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1057683010072535040?s=19

Thanks for the memories. WITCH HUNT!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Milo and POTUS posted:

Everytime I think I'm irredeemably stupid I can just look at these people and feel much better

Not empty quoting.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wired has an interesting read on Chinese spying in the US, including a summary of the dude who helped the Chinese government systematically destroy the US spy network inside China.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

psydude posted:

Wired has an interesting read on Chinese spying in the US, including a summary of the dude who helped the Chinese government systematically destroy the US spy network inside China.

I'm not reading this because I've been laughing too much at dumb poo poo and don't want to be depressed.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm not reading this because I've been laughing too much at dumb poo poo and don't want to be depressed.

Yeah I feel you. I like to take a step back and remember that there's a world outside of Proud Boys and Trump. It's a bit depressing because sometimes it's more terrifying than hilariously dumb, but far more interesting than white guys with bad haircuts.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nothing matters, but this was a kinda interesting article. I don't think any of this means poo poo, but I'm old, fat, and bitter, and assuming the only change will come after ACW- the lame sequel.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/31/has-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-222060

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Isn't this the premise for Snowpiercer?
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/10/geoengineering-could-stop-warming-but-comes-with-side-of-sea-level-rise/

Geoengineering would be cool, just not on earth

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Not sure if I should start responding to all the dumb conservative articles my mom shares on Facebook with articles refuting them or not.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

Nothing matters, but this was a kinda interesting article. I don't think any of this means poo poo, but I'm old, fat, and bitter, and assuming the only change will come after ACW- the lame sequel.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/31/has-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-222060

Things have seemed quiet on the Mueller front lately, and I figured he was gonna wait until after midterms to drop some poo poo so he can't be accused of influencing the election.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I talk politics with my mom because she's quite reasonable and just took everything presented to her at face value for all those years.

I talk politics with my uncle because he's a goddamn chud and I can't help myself, because I'm a fuckin' moron.

If you know for a fact you can't change their opinions, ignore it if you can.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My mom and sister get super defensive and offended if I question the credibility of their political opinions and just want to drop it and not talk about it. If they don't want to have their opinions debated they should keep them to themselves.

My dad will debate but he won't stop voting Republican because "at least Trump isn't Hillary." And he's a highly educated retired COL.

I just don't get it.

It's depressing that between my family and being in the Army I'm constantly hearing awful conservative bullshit. And irritating that as a liberal in the military you can't talk politics without getting dog piled or told not to talk politics at work. Which would be fine if the Trump cultists would shut the gently caress up too.

At least I live in WA so when I go home after work I'm in a liberal part of the country. At least out in public I don't run into Trump cultists here like I would if I still lived in the South.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Vice has a killer headline

Ecuador tells Julian Assange that asking him to clean his cat's litter box is not “violating his fundamental rights”

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Watching this documentary, it's available on Vimeo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kivll11bwn4

Marines kill a US citizen on the Texas border, not indicted, DoD whitewashed the whole thing. Best/worst part is the Marine Corps wanted to give the shooter a Navy Commendation Medal for his actions.

I'm tying this to current events on why the military is wholly inappropriate for securing the southern border against anything other than a direct military threat.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Will the 5000 additional troops even be there by time the caravan arrives? As far as I can tell they are at least 40 days out if no delays or slow downs.

I figured he just did it prior to the election just to look strong on immigration. Maybe throw some barriers up and do a photo shoot. After the election pull the troops back and say the Democrats did it because they are weak on immigration

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

SimonCat posted:

I'm tying this to current events on why the military is wholly inappropriate for securing the southern border against anything other than a direct military threat.

Fixed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cyks posted:

Will the 5000 additional troops even be there by time the caravan arrives? As far as I can tell they are at least 40 days out if no delays or slow downs.

I figured he just did it prior to the election just to look strong on immigration. Maybe throw some barriers up and do a photo shoot. After the election pull the troops back and say the Democrats did it because they are weak on immigration

The caravan is mainly on foot and 1000 miles away from the US border. 30 mi/day gives that as 33 days but 30 mi/day doesn't seem like an average you can keep up in those conditions? idk

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

"And ironically, the American empire finally collapsed because there were unable to quickly deploy soldiers to their own borders in time to stop people walking from thousands of miles away"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If it's sub 30 day orders it can be pretty fast. For anything else, it counts as a mobilization and you have to do SRP, ensure everyone has a current PT test, fill out a bunch of paperwork regarding BAH and pay, legal crap, and a bunch of training. That's before you factor shipping equipment from the drill center and ECS, which also entails a bunch of property book crap. Oh, and since Hair Furor wants them armed, that also means IWQ and probably a bunch of JAG stuff on use of deadly force.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

"And ironically, the American empire finally collapsed because there were unable to quickly deploy soldiers to their own borders in time to stop people walking from thousands of miles away"

Ike would be loving livid.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

If it's sub 30 day orders it can be pretty fast. For anything else, it counts as a mobilization and you have to do SRP, ensure everyone has a current PT test, fill out a bunch of paperwork regarding BAH and pay, legal crap, and a bunch of training. That's before you factor shipping equipment from the drill center and ECS, which also entails a bunch of property book crap. Oh, and since Hair Furor wants them armed, that also means IWQ and probably a bunch of JAG stuff on use of deadly force.

They are calling up the reserves for this? wow

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

They are calling up the reserves for this? wow

Maybe I'm misremembering the article, but I'm pretty sure they're using national guard troops.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sexual Lorax posted:

Ike would be loving livid.

Sounds like he was soft on criminals.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I've found Hair Furor's regal title for when he refuses to turn over power in 2020 and declares himself king.

Donald the Indebted, 45th* of His Office, The Short-Fingered, God-Emperor of the Bitter, the Pointless, and the Unmanned, King of Pretenses, poo poo Midas of Atlantic City, Protector of Himself, Cock Sleeve of the Shirtless Putin, Breaker of the GOP and Father of Chinless Failures.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Tubby McFuckstick doesn't actually want to do the work of putting that many soldiers on the border, he wants to vomit verbal diarrhea word salad out of his mouth hole on to the news cycle and make everyone argue about immigration instead of examining right wing terrorism. Granted, it might still happen depending on how big a hate-boner his minions get about the idea of killing people with skin darker than a paper bag and how many photo ops the Pissbaby In Chief can get out of it.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sounds like he was soft on criminals.

dat missle gap

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

psydude posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering the article, but I'm pretty sure they're using national guard troops.

It's active duty troops. I don't know their requirements but I'm guessing that's how they plan to have them all on the boarder by the end of the week.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
trump was saying he might send 10-15000 troops total

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
dudes that have been dodging combat deployments for the last two decades are probably trying to get in on this

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Proud Christian Mom posted:

dudes that have been dodging combat deployments for the last two decades are probably trying to get in on this

NORTHCOM commander was talking up how many miles of C-wire they can lay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Where are they gonna stay? Like, physically? You know there's gonna be at least one insane sovcit rancher that tries shelling them because MAH PROPERTAY

Maybe we can finally get some 3rd amendment jurisprudence after PFC Shmuckatelli gets sick of his tent and squats with the locals

• Locked thread