Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Such a jolly looking gay skeleton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Versus those abnormal square ones.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nice and hot piss posted:

Has the market and economy collapsed enough that I can afford a house yet?

Jokes on you, they are all owned by Landlords for rent.

Seriously.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

First house we looked at buying was on the market for about 4 hours, and was back on the market a week later at a $2800/mo rental

Yeah, we're in an older Non-HOA neighborhood, its nearly all rentals. We own, thankfully.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol the head of interpol is missing.

Man, if I was Chinese national working for an international body, I'd never go home.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

....I know its a joke, but is that implying he is a rapist?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm frankly honored that a mildly schizophrenic aquaintance from the local art collective portraited me without my prior knowledge.

Now to burn Atlanta and toke up!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

I firmly believe in ACAB but I don't support gunning them down from a sniper's perch from several hundred yards away. Especially if they have a legit reason to be coming for your rear end like being/protecting a kiddie diddler. They should have done more than bust that fuckers nose.

Taking bets on the shooter having a Thin Blue Line sticker or American Flag/Thin blue Line sticker.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EBB posted:

Considering human extinction is a complete metaphysical horror to gaze into until you realize we are just some lucky dumb apes that the civilized galaxy never found. We don't have a duty to bear forth sapience.

Not something I look forward to explaining to my kids :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

my kinda ape posted:

going to spend 30 minutes with a tractor piling dirt in front of the doors to make sure they never open again

Which is what will actually happen. They are going to either stay in there forever, or be lynched as soon as they leave.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Flikken posted:

Why is Ohio the right venue for those comments? home of Grant and Sherman.....

Somewhere, Zombie Sherman rumbles in his coffin, mutters "It's Time...." and strikes a match and lights a torch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

We really need a William Tecumseh Sherman biography movie.

His letter to Atlanta was even better.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Its a very interesting discussion, he really does just need to write an article.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EBB posted:

nsf001
smashthestate

"Look, I'm just an accountant, the NSF stuff is just weekend duty"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Jesus, between the interview and that lovely painting, just end it already

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

How does anybody say this and think it sounds acceptable? Brain loving worms.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
NYPD has started arresting/charging some of the Proud Boys from the fight, and Mike Cernovich realized he made an uh-oh and is deleting tweets:

https://bernardmedia.org/2018/10/15/mike-cernovich-deletes-all-tweets-in-hopes-of-avoiding-jail-time/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Cops in Portland found a Patriot Prayer sniper nest setup before a protest, and conveniently let the snipers go because "they had concealed carry licenses"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
A little oxygen is good, more must be better, let me just light a match...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

:tif:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/411439-trump-admin-could-use-military-bases-to-export-coal-gas

hay guys California doesn't want a port to export coal let's build coal terminals at all the naval bases

Assuming some other party takes the presidency in 2020, there's gonna be a huge mess of investigations....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The doxxing has begun on the Proud Boys who attacked the protestors in New York

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Trump wants to use the military to close the Mexico/US border

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...o7uzFE9DDnx0YN0

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/weeklystandard/status/1052968599898480640

Pretty much.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

My room mate has gone soft chud since the election, what with the listening to Jordan Peterson and that group of weirdos. His argument against "PC Culture" is, "words can't hurt you so why should you be punished for saying hurtful things?".:cripes:

edit: on a side note, we get into political discussions sometimes and I don't think he's a horrible rear end person. He's decently educated and doesn't hold much more than center right positions on things, but when it comes to foreign policy stuff he may as well be some weirdo far right chud who doesn't understand that literally sending in the troops for every foreign policy decision is dumb as hell.

Ask him how long he thinks that its going to remain words, especially as his buddy Trump openly praised a man who physically assaulted a reporter last night, or how the groups who follow Trump are openly calling for violence against Leftists and Democrats.

Ask him where he draws the line?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 19, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
North Carolina is being sued for shutting down Sunday voting.

Their justification? Blacks disproportionately vote Democrat:

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/7-29...NQLlLHRkHFHd-aA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

:stare:

Talk about saying the quiet parts out loud, holy poo poo.

Caveat: Its from 2016, but I doubt its changed much.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Its really mind blowing how incompetent the whole thing is.

They could've just smuggled him back to Saudi Arabia, but no, they try a really elaborate torture/murder/doppelganger scheme that didn't pan out at all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
"A rogue operation, sure my key adviser was there, but that's just coincidence. He's dead now."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

Hey so this is happening

Better put some coffee on, we got company coming over.

Better company than we have here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Strong Daddy's loving with the steel industry is beginning to backfire.

What's happening?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

my kinda ape posted:

oh my god it does

I can't wait for the OSHA film about the burning of Kharak

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I got to see a presentation on SecureWorks Intel on Russian and Chinese cyber groups. It was.....eye opening. And very detailed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
ISIS flag on the back?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmfao. Saw this on YouTube today.

Its really easy to ignore something that isn't happening. Its amazing how that works.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1055085126776995842

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1055206125241622535?fbclid=IwAR0Q1bUPCt_ZVuDFLx8Zm4P2hzVNc-tIbs7Bx37XABjzxb_I4UVCsvAcLwM

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Soulex posted:

Found out my chiropractor is an anti-vax person.

Cool.

That's pretty much a normal belief for a Chiro. Move on from them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

acupuncture and chiropractors have been proven to help with chronic pain and are probably better avenues to explore than just giving people handfuls of opiods as a first step. :ssh:

Acupuncture has no supporting evidence whatsoever, so I don't know what you are talking about at all. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/acupuncture-doesnt-work/

quote:

“Is there really any need for more studies? Ernst et al.18 point out that the positive studies conclude that acupuncture relieves pain in some conditions but not in other very similar conditions. What would you think if a new pain pill was shown to relieve musculoskeletal pain in the arms but not in the legs? The most parsimonious explanation is that the positive studies are false positives. In his seminal article on why most published research findings are false, Ioannidis32 points out that when a popular but ineffective treatment is studied, false positive results are common for multiple reasons, including bias and low prior probability.”

And a chiropractor is just as likely to relieve your pain as he is to cause you to have a stroke or become paralyzed due to poor spinal manipulation.

Your spine is the home if your central nervous system, do NOT encourage someone to twist/bend it who isn't a neurosurgeon or a qualified medical massage artists (who isn't going to try to 'manipulate' your spinal column anyways.)

https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chirostroke.html

quote:

I have been doing a vascular surgery rotation for the past month, which is part of my postgraduate medical education. During my chiropractic training, when the subject of manipulation-induced stroke was brought up, we were reassured that "millions of chiropractic adjustments are made each year and only a few incidents of stroke have been reported following neck manipulation." I recently found that two of the patients on my vascular service that suffered a cerebrovascular accident (stroke) had undergone neck manipulation by a chiropractor, one the day that symptoms had begun and the other four days afterward. If indeed the incidence of stroke is rare, one M.D. would see a case of manipulation-induced CVA about every 10 years. But I believe I have seen two in the past month! I therefore urge my medical colleagues to question their patients regarding recent visits to a chiropractor/neck manipulation when confronted with patients that present with the neurologic symptoms of stroke. I also urge potential chiropractic patients to not allow their necks to be manipulated in any way. The risk-to-benefit ratio is much too high to warrant such a procedure.

—Rob Alexander, M.D.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 25, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

>implying medical doctors never screw up and maim/kill someone :thunk:

Malpractice is not the same as promoting Pseudoscience and magical thinking, but that's some nice goal post shifting there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

nice dnd posing :laffo:

Do strawman next.

gently caress you for encouraging Eastern medicine ideals that get endangered species slaughtered.

As opposed to admitting that maybe this thing that demonstrably helps people isn't "magical thinking" and "pseudoscience"?

loving Prove It. I already shared citations, back your claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

Baby Chiropractor is probably the most metal name for a band yet.

Well considering what happens to most babies that get it: Yes, yes it is.

• Locked thread