Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

aphid_licker posted:

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Huge let down. He could have announced The Purge.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
If 2018 destroys Musk it will have been worth it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

The parts of the planet not destroyed by climate change will be destroyed in wars fought by the survivors. :v:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Victor Vermis posted:

Active shooter plans shouldn't be any more complicated than RUN -> HIDE -> FIGHT.

But you can't pitch that to the Workplace Safety Committee as the entirety of the plan,

because it doesn't involve everyone gathering for a headcount in an area the loving shooter knows about in advance.

This is why I've started using the side exit that hardly anyone else knows about whenever there's a fire drill.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

After missing the head count they spend all day looking for you and you just show up, loudly eating something and ask who they're looking for?

Nah, I work for a mega corporation. Noone cares if I'm missing, I just get red flagged for non-production.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Trump probably pissed he got laughed at, blames her.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Soulex posted:

My parents live in the panhandle:stare:

Now they are Seasteaders.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Crakkerjakk posted:

I don't get why everyone's wound up over Kashoggi after the last few years of Yemen.

Well, I do, it's because he's a real person that a bunch of national journalists knew and worked with, while people in Yemen are abstract brown people, but like oh, the Saudis are murderous assholes? You don't say.

The death of one man is a tragedy; etc, etc, etc.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

mlmp08 posted:

Low content, but posting for the spooky existential dread.

https://twitter.com/summerray/status/1049776158995337216?s=21

Sexy Paralysis.
Sexy Dead Oceans.

Sexy anal prolapse.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Years ago I worked for a marketing analytics company and Sears was a client. Like clockwork anytime there was a bad news story about them they would drop a few thousand on additional licenses for our services. Which would then not get used by anyone at Sears. Some genius thought more data was the solution to all their problems but didn't have any follow through. They were spending around a quarter million a year on licenses when I left the company and getting nothing out of it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Mister Sinewave posted:

In Quebec, before weed legalization: cannabis leaf t-shirts are just shirts
After weed legalization: cannabis leaf t-shirts illegal. $2,500 $62,500 for first offence and up to $125,000 for repeat offenders.

Is that a joke? I can't tell anymore, 2018 has broken me.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

orange juche posted:

PYF dismemberment theme song.

I like the barney theme.

Closer
https://youtu.be/ccY25Cb3im0

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Soulex posted:

“Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth,
and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil
continually.”

I simply read this text one time preaching at a university and a young reporter came up to me and he said, “I don’t agree with your interpretation.”

And I said, “Young man, I didn’t interpret the text. I read it.”

And he said, “Well, I don’t agree.”

And I said, “Young man, let me tell you something. If I could pull out your heart right now, if I could take every thought you have ever had from your first waking moment until this very hour, if I could take every thought you have ever had, not just your deeds, but your thoughts, only your thoughts and I could put them on a video and I could show that video here in this auditorium tonight you would run off of this campus and you would never show your face here again because you have thought things so wicked and so perverted you cannot even share them with your closest friend. As a matter of fact, if your closest friends new some of the thoughts you have had against him, he would no longer beyour friend. And, young man, I do not know that because I am a prophet. I know that because it is what the Scriptures say and I know that like you I, too, am a man.”

I can say the same thing about every one of you here tonight. You would spend every ounce of energy to hide from every one in this room what has gone through your mind just in the last hour. Don’t tell me scripture is not right when it talks about all men having sinned because all men are sinners.

Michel de Montaigne posted:

There is no man so good that if he placed all his actions and thoughts under the scrutiny of the laws, he would not deserve hanging ten times in his life.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Tag yourself. I'm the Jill Stein sticker.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
All those boys, boys from Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Yeav this whole world is hosed. My small hope is I live long enough to see grifters like Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens dragged off by their own "allies" in the alt right. Screaming about how its not fair and they were one of the good ones.
But the world isn't fair, nothing matters.

• Locked thread