Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Link to IC thread

Diamond City.

A coastal American city known as the center of the world. Business, entertainment, politics: all of it is centered in this one city. The Shinning City, it's called. The one place everyone goes, everyone knows about, and everyone depends on.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was still a relatively normal place. People got up, went to work, hated their jobs, commuted home, ate dinner, and went to sleep. A perfectly normal American city.

Then, a young girl flew out of nowhere and stopped a bank robbery. Calling herself "America's Sweetheart", she became the first in an explosion of costume heroes and criminals roaming the streets of the city. Some are just loons in costumes. Some have a menagerie of powers that allegedly are everything from magical to alien to mutant to special tech to excreta. There was an incident recently on the docks where two beings claiming to be Typoon of Greek Myth and Thor of Norse Myth fought to stop a hurricane from hitting the city.

Some of these heroes and villains have come and gone. Some can't seem to take the life. Some just mysteriously vanish. The only one still chugging along as a public icon is America's Sweetheart.

That is where you come in. You're a group of heroes who want to actually make a mark on this place. To do that, you're banding together in a team. To share the burdens and pool resources.

You guys are going to change the world.

This is a Four Color FAE game set in Diamond City, a expy of New York City. This is a Play-By-Post game to be hosted on the SOMETHING AWFUL forums and using Orokos for dice.

I am seeking four to six players for the game. In your app, please provide:
  • Your character sheet
  • A brief backstory
  • Optional: Picture of character
To make a character in the game, follow the normal Fate Accelerated rules. But, also, make Three to Five Power Facts for your character. Power Facts are an Extra that gives narrative permission, not mechanical benefit. Example: Super-Speed (I can run faster than sight); Flight (I'm can fly as fast as a jet); Super- Strength (Strong enough to lift a plane); Heat-Vision (I can shoot lasers out of my eyes that can melt steel.). All your Power Facts do is give you the permission to use those powers in the game. You can change or add powers as a Significant Milestone. Your powers can be gear based like Batman or Iron Man, just say so in the power facts. You don't need to list all your powers, just the ones you think you'll use often.

We can chat in this discord.

Recruitment will stay open until October 7th at 11:59:59 PM EST.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm interested. Please wait for this post to be edited with my sign-up.

Isaac "Ike" Matthews, Wielder of the Spirit Sword, aka Wizard-Knight

Ike, age 23, was a young reporter and writer for the Daily Diamond Bugle when a twist of fate-an expose about a junkyard-placed an artefact in his lap. Curious about the sword, he drew it from it's sheathe-and saw Spirits for the first time.

Indicted into a new world (and tasked with dealing with troubles concerning spirits, spellcasters, and a few common ne'er-do-wells), Ike sighed, rolled his eyes, and hoped this would be over with.

High Concept: (Reluctant) Magic Knight
Trouble: Why Am I Even Here?
Aspects: Budding Young Journalist, A Delinquent In My Youth, Lateral Thinker

Approaches:
Clever (+3)
Flashy, Sneaky (+2)
Quick, Forceful (+1)
Cautious (+0)

Power Facts:
Spirit Magic (I can command spirits to do my bidding to cast spells)
Memory of the Blade (I know how to use the Spirit Sword in combat through it's previous wielders)
Moderately Enhanced Physical Skills (I'm a bit faster, stronger, and tougher than your average Joe)
Spirit Tongue and Eyes (I can see and speak with spirits)

Stunts:
Been In This Situation Before: When I'm in a tough spot, I get +2 to Flashily Overcome if a previous wielder was in the same situation and I do what they did.
Spirit Unification: Once per session, Isaac can "fuse" with a nearby spirit to grant himself powers related to that spirit's domain.
Delinquent-Journalist's Intuition: Because I have experience with both lying and dealing with liars, I gain +2 to Sneakily Create Advantages by either seeing through a lie or lying myself.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 8, 2018

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Ranger Latoria Morgan II, aka Hyperspace Strider

interview transcripts from the Daily Diamond Bugle posted:

7:38:04: "See, back in middle school everyone used to go 'poo poo! It's that crazy chick with the Sharingan!', and it'd put a real damper on things you know? First of all, remembering the folks you're bringing justice to are just kids watching the same shows as you wasn't, great, for the heroic self-esteem. And second, I liked Sasuke as much as anyone, and believe me there are worse reactions to having your eyes bleed out, but part of me always wished that only one of these bad boys worked like this because in the manga..."

8:23:02: "OK, OK, one last thing. For real this time. Could you put one of those uh, those power charts on these articles? Speed, power, potential, all that stuff. I ah, always wanted to know how I stood up next to the Sweetheart generation. Wouldn't be half the ranger I am now if they didn't teach a lonely kid right from wrong.

High Concept: Psychic Nerd Fencer
Trouble: "I am a genius!" "Oh no!"
Other Aspects: It's Like One of My Anime; Technically Still a Federal Agent; Fields Medal Runner-Up

Approaches:
Careful: Mediocre (+0)
Clever: Average (+2)
Flashy: Average (+2)
Forceful: Fair (+1)
Quick: Good (+3)
Sneaky: Fair (+1)

Power Facts:
Extreme Reaction Times (I can parry a bullet without breaking a sweat)
Premonitions (I have a sense for when something is dangerous or important to what I'm looking for.)
Applied Mathematics (I can dodge into a separate dimension for short periods of time.)
MacGyver-esque (I can improvise useful gadgets with anything nearby)

Stunts:
Witness The Power Of My True Art: Due to Latoria's mastery of High-Dimensional Destreza, once per session she can warp herself to exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Not Idly Do the Chains of 3rd Street Fall: Latoria's experience as a national park ranger lends her a +2 to Cleverly overcome challenges related to investigation.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 4, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jackie James, aka

Oh my gosh, I'm America's Sweetheart's biggest fan! I've got all her merchandise, and I even got her autograph once when she came to my college! And now, I'm finally ready to become my own hero! I'll be as great as her one day! And even if not, I'll be able to hobknob with all of the other heroes!

High Concept: Airwalking Fangirl
Trouble: Get A Little Bit Starstruck
Aspects: Passion for Fashion; Elementary, My Dear Action Figure; I Know Kung Fu

Quick +3
Clever +2
Flashy +2
Sneaky +1
Careful +1
Forceful +0

Power Facts
Air Walking (I can stand on air as if it was solid ground)
Leaping Lizards (I can jump great heights)
Flash! Aah! (I'm incredibly quick)

Stunts:

Good With Heights: Because I can walk on air, I can reroll a Careful roll once per session when high off the ground

Get Over Here!: Because I'm incredibly agile, I get a +2 to Quick when my goal is directly in front of me

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 6, 2018

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Name: Dr. Bertrand Delacroix, AKA

High Concept: Robot Detective
Trouble: A Man of Many Secrets
Aspects: Bleeding Heart, Machine Learning, The Mayor’s Right Hand Man

+3 Sneaky
+2 Careful
+2 Clever
+1 Quick
+1 Flashy
+0 Forceful

Power Facts
Super-Intelligent AI (Can acquire information at a rapid pace)
Master of Disguise (Can change his appearance on the fly)
Perpetual Motion Machine (Does not need to recharge or rest)

Stunts

Hero of a Thousand Faces: Because I’m designed to infiltrate society, I get a +2 to Sneakily pretend to be someone else.
Realpolitik: Because I have a connections in the political world, once a session I can call in a favor to help set up a plan.

By day Bertrand is an Alderman of Diamond City pushing for social welfare as well as criminal rehabilitation programs. By night he is the robot detective, Inspector Azur. Built by the supervillain Dr Drone long before he went by that name, Bertrand's advanced AI somehow developed a conscience and chose to defy his master's schemes, destroying his lab and disappearing into the night. He's since blended into society, acquired a PhD and works to help others however he can. The superheroics was a recent addition to his itinerary, in response to the emergence of supervillainy. He's been able to keep his double life separate for now, but how long until that changes? Find out next issue!

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 7, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Alright, this looks good. We should start up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Thread is live.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871018

• Locked thread