Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*small child running up to me, showing his cat drawing* look i made a cat

*me, staring at this so called cat drawing* this has no élan at all . .. it's PEDESTRIAN

*child is confused and starts to cry*

*me, holding up the kids drawing* everybody look at tommy's extremely pedestrian drawing of a cat, look at it and know this: it's BAD, it belongs in an iowa public library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

teacher gets super excited when a kid comes up with a bunch of directionless scribbles

Macnult

Parent: I heard you have a substitute teacher for art class this week. Did you show them your sponge painting of the dancing monkeys?

Child: ..yes

Parent: Did they like it? I thought it was really good.

Child: It was good, if you’re into retinal junk and Sunday paintings. The worlds different now, everything’s different now.

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*teacher leaves simple art assignment for kids to do, artist throws it in trash*

kids life isn't planned, isn't organized, and it isn't for fun. today we are going to do true art. i'm going to turn on the kiln, and we are going to draw straws. the one with the short straw will put their hand in the kiln. this represents how life can gently caress you over at anytime. the rest of you can do watercolors tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Teacher enters the room, looks around, and checks the clock.

"I see we're all on time, and in our correct seats. Have I taught you NOTHING?"

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

ferroque

alright class time to hand in your serialized twelve-tone recorder quartet compositions

Manifisto

teacher: the gently caress is this, a horse?

tot: yes a horsey

teacher: it sucks. total crap.

tot: I mean, it's a . . . powitical awwegory

teacher: holy poo poo it's brilliant

ty nesamdoom!

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

lmao

----------------

Macnult

Manifisto posted:

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

ferroque posted:

alright class time to hand in your serialized twelve-tone recorder quartet compositions

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*refusing to take off sunglasses because i've been doing coke all night*

*child is tugging on my shirt* mr. teacher what are we doing today?

*letting out a long moan* we are going to EXIST *passes out*

----------------

artoke

art teacher: BRILLIANT! poorly done addition and subtraction on lined paper. such a biting commentary on the school system and, more importantly, society in general. look, children, look at this masterpiece and know that you will never do anything even half as good in your miserable lives.

math teacher: is that a house? and a tree? some sort of primitive landscape? i've seen some creative math in my day, but this takes the cake.

kalel

billy, I want you to stand in front of the class and tell everyone what you've drawn.

"a......... a weinie"

and why did you do that?

"b-because I [sniffle] I thought it was funny"

...and in doing so, you have created a masterpiece. on the surface, a simple three-pronged set of curves in red crayon could be misconstrued as unchallenging, even orthodox, rote. but the non-uniformity of the testes, the comical bulge of the shaft, the color palette, everything suggests a deeper, concerted intent. you have singularly recontextualized the underpinning of the minimalist movement as entirely phallic.

everyone, I want you to follow billy's example

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
*second grader throws up a whole bowl of froot loops on his collage*
teacher: "it's..... brilliant" *wipes tear from eye*

Macnult

[at dinner]

“does it count as art if someone sits in time-out all day while the whole class watches?”

google THIS

Principal: You...(rubs temples)...you told them to put eggs in their what?

(distant sirens)

Twenty Four

Not paying any attention to what the substitute art teacher says, because we all know that no matter what the assignment is, I'm just going to turn in another drawing of Trogdor.

alnilam

Twenty Four posted:

Not paying any attention to what the substitute art teacher says, because we all know that no matter what the assignment is, I'm just going to turn in another drawing of Trogdor.

My god it's brilliant... the concept of burnination, the plight of the underclass... a perfect critique. capitalism is little different from feudalism, i see that now timmy

artoke

The teacher looks down at the seating chart as they start calling names. Nobody is in their assigned seat. About five names in the children can no longer contain their laughter, they think they have pulled off a wonderful prank.

Little do they know they are in for an hour long lecture on subverting expectations and the applications of that to the art world.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

ok class today we're going to lie on the floor and think about the oppressive constructs of art critics who didn't appreciate my latest work, "piss christmas," because they thought it was too "derivative" to just piss on a christmas tree

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*group of children singing old mcdonald had a farm when I bang a ruler on a desk and demand they stop perpetuating such terribly formulaic drivel.* "It is time for Stockhausen"

I have just finished retuning the class piano to follow a microtonal model instead of the barbaric west's ghastly 12 note system. I have also circuit bent a cactus.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
Can't figure out if i like the kid in the Bauhaus shirt or if I just want to snort percs with their parents'

crimes

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*bursting into the teachers lounge dressed as jack sparrow* WHERE HAS ALL THE RUM GONE

----------------

Catboy Autonomist

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Can't figure out if i like the kid in the Bauhaus shirt or if I just want to snort percs with their parents'

i can't tell if this is the band or the art movement cuz no-one makes t-shirts for art movements

Robot Made of Meat

Catboy Autonomist posted:

i can't tell if this is the band or the art movement cuz no-one makes t-shirts for art movements

Perhaps SOME people don't wear T-shirts for art movements.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Dungeon Ecology

i wear a large beige carpet sample with a hole cut through it as a representation of brutalism

e: the plastic crosshatch underneath is painful and itchy and thats how i know its working

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
substitute teacher wears different art movement tshirt every time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the substitute teacher is chain smoking while chugging absinthe

hes wearing his bohemian shirt

tangie
my 3rd grade teacher is the nicest person i've ever known

Dungeon Ecology

*respectfully squeezing elmers glue out on the floor for all the 3rd grade art teachers out there doin the most*

ferroque

wake up jimmy. this isn't naptime, it's 4'33"

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Nosfereefer posted:

the substitute teacher is chain smoking while chugging absinthe

hes wearing his bohemian shirt

lmao this sounds exactly like my old high school ap world history teacher. event went to those renneisance fairs

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Catboy Autonomist posted:

the joy division wave pattern shirt but at the bottom it says BAUHAUS

crimes

Dungeon Ecology

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the joy division wave pattern shirt but at the bottom it says BAUHAUS

krampster2

Today we are going to draw what we want to be when we grow up.
When you think about what you want to be, I want you to suffer through the realisation that your hopes and dreams are meaningless and mourn the deaths of the alternate lives which you kill with every decision.

*Teacher screams "YOU ARE CONDEMNED TO BE FREE" then passes out*

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*person with clothing made of tinfoil and plastic wrap walks into class, begins spinning in circles slowly at first but gaining speed shouting BEEP BOOP in a very loud and monotonous voice*

That, my dear children, is called beep boop. Learn something from it.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
*Comes into room in an Uncle Sam costume yells, "welcome to social studies commies" and brutally beats to death the first brown child they can find while yelling about the domino effect. *

----------------

alnilam

Drilldo pls

Nosfereefer

*@mathclass*
"you kids know bout the death of the artist, right? the received meaning fundamentally being different from the presented one and so on?
*continues to rant about old episodes of big brother*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Now you'll notice in this episode of Sanford and Son that Lamont and Grady have found what appears to be a priceless antique within the junkyard. But that's only if you're watching the scenes and not in between the scenes. The real meaning is despair and enui.

• Locked thread