Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sup stupids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jerry seinfel posted:

my entire job is to not prosecute sex crimes among the well-connected, and by god i'm good at it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

how was the weekend

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/DavMicRot/status/1046558178618617856

people get paid money to get on twitter and say "hey if turnout isn't what the polls say the democraps might actually lose"

I don't see what's there to argue against that Dems as a whole have to do ahistorically well to get the House, getting close to double digits on the generic ballot to overwhelm an institutional and well built undemocratic electoral system.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nice Nixon is gonna get 10% of the vote in Nov in NY

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Keep in mind half of what you donate will go to Brett in the divorce.

wasn't this created by someone who didn't even know him

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

oddium posted:

says here on the docket that they’re holding bofa

a hearing for farts?!?!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1046723951144120320

lol even mcconnell's wife cant avoid the grift

she comes from grift, her family is hella rich and and financially in a lot of pies around the world

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Democrats are favored to take the house at 5.8% to 6% (depending on your fundamentals) generic ballot advantage. To be a near "certain" thing, yes, it needs to be in the double digits.

To be better than 50/50 in the senate, it's more like 11 points.

Dems are still facing structural obstacles to flipping the house even with a 6% advantage when you factor in gerrymandering and the reliability of voting patterns for Dem inclined voters. All's im saying is that someone looking at this information in a skeptical light just means you're informed.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

The 6% specifically factors in both gerrymandering and partisan sorting, which is why a steady democratic advantage of 8-9 points leads to about a 4 in 5 probability of taking the house, not a 100% probability.

no one is disagreeing that both gerrymandering and the way that democrats are oriented in the country leads to disadvantages in the house, but the GB polling has been wildly steady for like... months. District level polling is even better for democrats and special election results are even slightly better than that.

eh......

i'll see it and i'll believe it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Can't wait for another cardboard pic of him to address it in his next townhall

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's also a Tad in there.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Serf posted:

believe this: you are not prepared for anything that is about to go down. embrace that

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress I just saw mandy, what a movie

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Smythe posted:

ted kaczynski did nothing wrong, and, was 100% right.

*passerby's ricocheting fingers*: no

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

???

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

my beautiful green wife

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

is it worse than what we did to China already?

its crazy to think that more ppl die of opiod overdoses than died in the entirety of the Vietnam war (on hte american side ofc)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Genuinely surprised that the last week didn't make Repub men want him to be confirmed more.

but lol at republican women now being more into him being confirmed, who in the hell are these people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I said this before and I'll say it again, Mandy is a must see film

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PoopOnaShoe posted:

mr. brett is essentially every movie about high school spanning from porkys to dazed and confused then everything in between happiness

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

say I paid Al! to make a neo-noir truckin and fuckin jesus, thousand yard stare and all, what would it say? Lasers and Razers?

Messiah Laser? idk make it a pun off major laser, gently caress i'm not getting paid for this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

someone make me a new av, for no money

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Whichever set of rules, State or Federal, suppresses the lower orders best is the one conservatives go for. Typically that means State level, because it is easier to get away with heinous poo poo locally. Sometimes the conditions of the revolution being countered demand oppression at the federal level.

That's why States' Rights zealots in the antebellum were also vehemently for the Fugitive Slave Act which allowed slaver bounty hunters to kidnap and return to bondage escaped slaves who made it to free states.

Fun thing about the Act was that it was a direct result of the immense success black farmers who had paid their freedom were having in the Mid-west, creating some of the biggest farming concerns in the country.

That naturally led to raids from white fuckers from Kentucky, intent on confiscating that land/people. It helped that black people couldn't testify against whites due to that greatest of presidents, WIlliam Henry Harrison.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its funny that tonied elite are going so ham against Kav. Indictment of how terrible a dude he is.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

radical meme posted:

You lie, fake news. Ye will straighten this all out. Ye will capture the black vote for Trump in 2020 and put an end to racism and inequality. I mean, Trump, the law and order President, already put an end to BLM and the police haven’t killed any, nearly as many, black people since he was elected.

A dawn of a new age. Especially after we repeal the 13th Amendment.

Ye's never been right since the car accident.

But his pro-slavery platform does have me intrigued....

:thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It really is the natural result of black minstrelsy. Silk and Diamond or whatever are gonna advocate for slave collars by next year.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

much respect to Dick Milhous Rock! for the new AV, it channels alot of what is happening in my head and in my pants and in my trump ITYL 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

lmebo cantor

he's doing alright

quote:

Cantor earned $193,400 as majority leader; his wife, a lawyer and investment banker, was the real moneymaker. One of the reasons he took the Moelis job, he says, was because it was his turn to support the family. “Life is about balance. For 14 years, she had been basically the breadwinner,” he says. “I felt that I needed to do this for her.”

His annual salary at Moelis is $400,000, and he received $1 million in stock (vested over five years) and a $400,000 signing bonus in cash in 2014, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings. In 2015, he was slated to make another $1.2 million and $400,000 in stock. The $3.4 million payday drew accusations of selling out; at the very least, Cantor jumped into America’s other least-trusted institution: Wall Street.

He says that both politics and Wall Street rely too much on short-term results over long-term success; he gets the cynicism toward and distrust of the 1 percent. But he explains that Moelis, which specializes in mergers and acquisitions, is not like the “too-big-to-fail” investment banks that were bailed out in 2008. “We are not one of those firms that has any kind of taxpayer backing,” he says.

Cantor was hired for his expertise in global markets and government regulation.

voted for trump

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

quote:

The cops are wolves on the prowl, while the black people are wide-eyed lambs. America is portrayed as effectively an apartheid regime in which blacks have no chance. The problem with such a take in dramatic terms is that it strips black Americans of their agency and dynamism, reduces them to pity receptacles. It’s not a sophisticated view but a reductionist one.

these lambs should know karate

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

regular update on Sessions being evil as all hell

quote:

But Sessions has sought to limit the leeway immigration judges have in making those determinations, she said.

In April, the Justice Department informed immigration judges that evaluation of their performance would include how quickly they close cases. The backlog through June of this year had grown to more than 732,000 cases, up nearly 300 percent since 2008, according to the Executive Office for Immigration Review, which oversees immigration courts.

MORE: Trump admin's lower limit on refugees delays a reunion for one Arizona family

In August, the union representing immigration judges filed a formal grievance against the Justice Department, accusing Sessions of trying to exert too much influence over immigration judges. The complaint by the National Association of Immigration Judges said Sessions had pulled more than 80 cases from the docket of an immigration judge in Philadelphia after he closed the case of a Guatemalan who entered the U.S. illegally in 2014 when he was 17.

Sessions used the case as the basis to order that immigration judges no longer had the power to (administratively) close most cases, essentially bringing deportation proceedings to an end, and allowing immigrants to remain in the U.S. despite not having legal status.

Over the past decade, immigration judges had closed more than 350,000 cases, according to USA TODAY. The Obama administration used the practice to put many cases on hold so that immigration judges could focus on deportation cases involving immigrants with criminal records.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870205&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=179

e: the rest of the article is about a judge who actually wasn't an rear end in a top hat having to quit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

quote:

T

rump’s business has some bright spots. A few blocks from the White House, at the Trump International Hotel, Trump fans hobnob with cable news stars and Cabinet secretaries. The place turned a $2 million profit in the first four months of 2017, far exceeding the Trump Organization’s expectations. A chunk of that money comes from various GOP organizations, which have pumped more than $1.3 million into the hotel since it opened in fall 2016, according to Federal Election Commission data. Despite what seems a violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause, designed to keep presidents free from foreign financial interest, the governments of other nations are welcome too. Everyone from Kuwaiti officials to the prime minister of Malaysia has reportedly spent money there. And lobbyists working for Saudi Arabia disclosed that they ran up a $270,000 tab in just six months.

e:

quote:

Meanwhile, if he’d liquidated, paid capital gains tax on his entire fortune and created a blind trust to invest it all in the booming stock market, Trump would be $500 million richer than he is today—without the headaches.

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 16:19 on Oct 2, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

ah, there it is

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

velvet milkman posted:

maggie, shutta gently caress up!!!

remember when she accidently tweeted her being a fan girl at one of his rallies

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I have to be honest, I know intellectually that republican women still want Kav, but emotionally, I can't just even fathom it. It's so hosed up.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TRUM{!

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1046889162320896000

Anything's better than PENCE!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sandoz posted:

is it misogynist of me to say that women can be way more misogynist than the worst men

Zoran posted:

I have a family friend who's a rape survivor and believes Kavanaugh did it, yet still wants him confirmed because (a) “he'd be a great judge” and (b) “it's that lady's fault too”

she says she herself and her rapist have equal blame for her getting raped

How?!?!

Black folks who grift for racists at least get paid. It's advocating for your lesser status, for nothing.

in a lighter note

https://twitter.com/motown5203/status/1046835537821229057

:thunk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

How are we going to pay for these things, I wonder from my $25 million home? Well, Schultz is worth $2.8 billion. Perhaps, and I’m just throwing this out there, if we were to “redistribute” most of his “wealth” from his “stupid loving bank account” and “big dumb houses” to “people who need healthcare,” and do the same thing with the 540 other billionaires in America, we might get there. A crazy idea, I know.

libby is alright

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

is that kailey hutchinson?

man ofc that eldritch horror is in charge of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

conservatives probably think real life is like cowboy movies where there'll be two guys raising their voices at each other in the saloon and all of a sudden everybody in the room will be punching each other for some reason

I saw something like this happen once. It was hilarious.

• Locked thread