Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Me and my wife will be there. Honestly can't wait. I can remember being in middle school and wanting to see wrestling at the Tokyo dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My friend who bought the tickets said she already got them. So I'd say give it an attempt now. That being said Holy poo poo I'm going to wrestle kingdom!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Just got the confirmation that our WK tickets were shipped out! We're in row 13 of Arena A in the east section, which looks to be the right side of the arena if you're looking at the entrance. Anyone else know where they're sitting yet?

Yeah haven't heard anything yet. I just know we're in arena b

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

extradite THIS! posted:

This is something I learned immediately :)

I've got a Metro pass, found my hostel and now need to figure out something to do until evening to keep myself awake. Thinking of checking out Shinjuku Station as it's close by, maybe the view from the Metropolitan Govt building and Yoyogi Park. Just some light wandering around.

I'm actually feeling pretty good despite only getting maybe an hour's worth of sleep on the plane... Hope I don't totally crash later in the afternoon.

Yeah I leave for Japan tomorrow, but luckily we already have friends there and they said they would meet up with us to keep us awake so we don't immediately fall asleep.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm gonna be on the look out for all the third wave coffee shops in shinjuku. I'm expecting some good poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was watching some Japanese show that was just soothing music while cats and shibas played. It was very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I woke up and took a walk this morning in kabukicho and got asked to get a sex massage. As tempting as it was it wasn't even 9 am yet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So we just got back to the hotel here at 6 am. We started in shibuya and it was loving awful. So halfway through we decided to go to koenji, the people there are awesome and we drank in the alley and made two random friends who also brought two random girls with them. We got hammered until 3 am left and did karaoke until 5 am. Had way too many beers and a lot of Hoppy too. It was a night. Japan rules.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Again guys I recommend checking Koenji out. Legit the friendliest people I've met so far In Japan. A guy we met last night literally bought all of our drinks it was like 180 bucks. We sang rage against the machine drunkenly and he was our best bud for the night.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Went to Nakano broadway today. Super cool mall. So many collectible things. Lots of cool old Japanese wrestling things. Then from there went to diver city to see the gundam. The gundam base was cool but the rest of the place is kind of a poo poo show, and we finished it off with Akiba. Didn't do too much there as a lot of stuff was still closed.

Tomorrow we're going to DDT, and Friday is Wrestle
kingdom. Japan is very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
DDT is wild as hell live. I recommend going if you can.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Agreed. The main event was my personal match of the year.

Also I'd like to thank Auritech for providing my personal moment of the year so far by trying to explain Cavauro to a visibly tired Toru Yano.

Yeah that main even was loving fantastic. Also I watched Jun Kasai slip on a banana peel that was placed on a ladder step which might be my favorite spot of all time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm still in Japan for another week so I still got plenty to do. We're going to Ribera tonight. Also if I lived here Gashapon would be a real issue for me. I keep telling myself I won't buy another one and then I see something really cool and I buy it. I also bought a Lupin figure for 800 yen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Cameo posted:

You buy it from one of those resale shops that just are filled wall-to-wall with people's personal figures, or did you grab it from a more regular retail store? Because holy poo poo the resale shops are the sort of places you can get lost for hours in. Still kinda wish I had bought this tiny Totoro clock i found in one the... first time I went? If only it had been like... not almost 10,000 yen for something maybe two inches tall. Thing was tiny.

Then again, I did get a Shin Godzilla figure that is surprisingly massive (the tail is, true to the movie, about as big as the rest of the figure) for like, 300 yen, so those regular shops have their benefits, too.

I bought it from a regular retail shop.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Cameo posted:

If you ever see one of those resale shops (they're incredibly obvious, you'll just see towering blocks of display cases), go in. You will see poo poo you weren't aware anyone made anything from, you'll see things people made themselves or altered completely to match changes in whatever manga it came from, characters from US and British shows that you're like "I thought they pulled this show off the air before anyone merchandis -- wait is that a loving Archie Bunker figurine?!", there's tons of impossibly rare and gorgeous stuff in those places. Weirdly some of my favorite places to stop in at if I'm in Tokyo.

Yeah if you want a ton of that go to Nakano Broadway. It's a mall with pretty much nothing but that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Cameo posted:

That's where I got the Godzilla, actually. (and my roommate found the "complete" Shirobako, more just every separate release shrink wrapped together, for like... $50. Ridiculous deal.)

I wonder if the shop that looks like a UFO set from an Ed Wood movie - actually was there anything in there? It might have just been someone's art showcase - is still there.

I was just there today. It's the offices for the staff who do online orders and all that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just got back from Ribera. It's really cool to see all the pictures. We had one of Benoit giving us a really creepy look right next to us. All the 80's mullets are out and it's real good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So my wife got tonsillitis, and now we're sitting in a Japanese hospital trying to get antibiotics. They're all very nice here but man not where I thought my vacation would go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh no :( she isn't due for surgery is she

No she's fine. She's a nurse so she already figured out what was going on , and they ended up agreeing. They gave her some antibiotics and it seems to be ok. Obviously they told her if it gets worst to come back.