Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
If you can't get tickets to the Dash, I have to admit going to the Shibuya Hub and watching Dash there was an equally fun experience, it's very unique to sit in a pub and have people watch wrestling in the same way they would major sporting events. Hopefully they have the same arrangement with some of the Tokyo Hubs again this year.

I'll be there again for the show so may be able to make it along to a meet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, certainly over the last two years it was easy enough to head right out after the show and not have to worry about catching the last train. You should be fine time wise.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

That tag tournament was a lot of fun and perhaps the best New Years activity I have ever done.

Between DDT yesterday and this show I have determined Kazuki Harata is the best thing.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Me and my brother will be around the Tokyo Dome area tomorrow too. We were thinking about AJPW in the morning. If you think you can manage two more, is it okay if we tag along to Yanos bar?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I got a reservation for one more than I needed so we might be able to convince Yano. I'll send an email and see

Thanks! No worries if it's full. There's always bowling at CuBAR if it's too busy.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Okay, then that works out. Sorry you can't make it but glad Raeg and his brother can

Thanks for accommodating.

Is there a plan for meeting yet or just meeting there? Me and my brother will likely be at the Hub for a drink around 730.

I think we ended up circling around other meets after the AJPW show. Saw Meltzer going in the F4W Board meet at the Shake Shack just after the show and then we grabbed a quick eat nearby and it seemed like we were in the middle of another big westerner meet.

Raeg fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 3, 2019

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

How do I find ya if I come by the Hub? Currently have nothing to do until EBRIETAS!

We're the only two foreigners in the non-smoking area near the entrance just now.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, we'll be here.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also I'd like to thank Auritech for providing my personal moment of the year so far by trying to explain Cavauro to a visibly tired Toru Yano.

Thanks again for accommodating us. Me and my brother had a great time.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone who came along tonight.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight, I had a blast this trip. It's my 3rd year making the trip for WK. The first year it was a curiosity thing and I got hooked on NJPW, subscribed to World the very next day. Last year I learned about the indy shows in Korakuen just before the end of my trip, this year thanks to extradite THIS!'s schedule OP, I saw a ton more and I can't say there was anything even close to a bad show in the bunch.

I loved WK but I think the New Years Eve event was still my favourite show and I'd highly recommend making that part of anyone's schedule in the future.

I know we didn't manage to meet everyone who was on the trip but it was great to hang out at Yano's bar on the 3rd and in the Hub last night. Nothing quite like a pub yelling Kaze Ni Nare together. Thanks again to Bushi for adding us last minute to the Eberitas party.

If anyone makes it out next year, I'll be there for sure again and I can't recommend the trip out highly enough. The Tokyo excursion for the holidays is basically a routine now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Just got back from Ribera. It's really cool to see all the pictures. We had one of Benoit giving us a really creepy look right next to us. All the 80's mullets are out and it's real good.

When I went there a few years ago the signed Benoit one was peering down on me from directly above. It was a weird meal.