Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Fight Club Pro event on January 7th at Korakuen is also something people might be interested in if you want to come to Japan to see all your favourite British wrestlers.

And I'll second Auritech's suggestion not to rely on free WiFi, it's very hit and miss and some you need to jump through ludicrous hoops to log in. If you do, Starbucks is by far the most reliable in my experience.

The December 27th TJPW show is in a brand new arena near Asakusa.

Also Yano's bar only takes reservations two weeks in advance iirc so don't feel the need to commit too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

:siren: NEW YEAR'S DASH ticket information :siren:

https://sp.njpw.jp/tornament/167218

* Fan club tickets will be restricted to two per member as opposed to four per member as in previous years

* Standing room only tickets will be sold in advance as opposed to in the past when you could queue up from 5:30 am to get them, this will be handled exclusively through Lawson's by the looks of things

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I enjoy Wave. If it's the show on the 28th(?) I think, that's Misaki Ohata's retirement show and they're going on hiatus afterwards. She's fantastic so it's worth going along to see her before she retires. I'll probably be at that one too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There aren't really bad seats in Korakuen at all (and honestly the closer you are, the more the ring obstructs any action on the opposite side) so I'd honestly recommend saving your money and going for the cheap seats unless it's a promotion you really want to be ringside for. Also, it saves you from a surprise Brahman Brothers booking like I had to deal with when I went ringside for DDT before the card was revealed.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 20, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1000 yen might be to stand up on the balcony (which honestly isn't bad either) but I can't imagine a Wave show selling enough to necessitate standing room tickets. They had like 500 people in there when I went.

The Brahman Brothers bring full buckets of water to chuck into the crowd and if you're really lucky, poo poo like hard boiled eggs and squids that they smash into the crowd with a tennis racquet.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Auritech posted:

I kinda want to see Sendai Girls so I can experience the glory of Meiko Satomura live.

There's still tickets available for Peter Pan tomorrow!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Anyone have any luck with NYD tickets? Nobody I know got any.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm doing both TJPW and NJPW. Most people who did both made it in time for the start of the NJPW Rumble (Korakuen Hall is literally 30 seconds walk from the Dome). They're even opening the gates 30 minutes earlier for WK because they're expecting more fans than last year so hopefully the queue won't still be filtering in.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

what neighborhood in tokyo would people who have been there with the place recommend for me to stay in? don't mind a train ride to the dome but want cool restuarants/bars nearby

Korakuen Wing Hotel is where a lot of people stayed last year and is right near the Dome.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I live in Tokyo so I've got a Japanese phone number and can use the normal ticket buying sites. I haven't actually got mine yet, but I'm gonna do it soon. I don't think anything is gonna sell out except NYD (which has) and DDT MajiManji though.

I know Mizuki is responsive and helpful to Google translated nonsense even apparently. Getting in touch with DDT's English translator on Twitter might work too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

For anyone deciding on what other shows to get tickets for I'll try and keep record of the cards. There's not too much announced for the other shows yet but I'll post what I know for the Korakuens the week of.

AJPW January 2nd
1pm

BJW January 2nd
6pm

AJPW January 3rd
1pm

Triple Crown Championship
Kento Miyahara (c) vs. ???

DDT January 3rd
6pm

TJPW January 4th
12pm

Tokyo Princess of Princess Championship
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs. Maki Ito

Tokyo Princess Tag Championships
MagiRabbi (Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki) (c) vs. Riho & Shoko Nakajima

Meiko Satomura vs. Reika Saiki

NOAH January 6th
1pm

Fight Club Pro January 7th

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Jordan Devlin, Jimmy Havoc, Rickey Shane Page, Aussie Open and Meiko Satomura confirmed

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I haven't been able to watch the Tag tournament but based on the discussion in the thread, sounds like the WK card is seriously starting to crystallize. I was thinking that cards for the WK period are probably going to start being revealed soonish, so if you spot one in the wild, post it in this thread and I'll link to it in the OP. If you have any important/interesting information regarding the card like storylines leading into the event, any matches to look out for, exciting guests, if it's going to be any good etc., you can post that too if you like!

January 4: WRESTLE KINGDOM 13

Match card (as announced thus far):

IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Special singles match: "Skipper" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Knife Pervert" Jay White
British Heavyweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
NEVER Openweight Championship match: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Suzuki-Gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI and Shingo Takagi)

NJPW Twitter is saying Goto/Ibushi is December 9th so I'm assuming Ospreay/Ibushi is still the WK match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Just added a bunch of shows to the OP. :sbahj: there is an absurd amount of wrestling to go around!

Anyway, I was looking at puwota's calender again and spotted something weird. What is the NJPW event on Jan 3 at "Studio Coast"? Google Translate says it's a "Large wrestling festival" which, uh, doesn't really help.

Also, there's apparently a Sendai Girls show at Korakuen on Jan 7 in the evening. Is the Fight Club Pro Korakuen show an early one?

The January 3rd show is the meet and greet show. I went last year. They do final promos for the WK matches, you can get your shirts signed. Taguchi or someone will go around with one of the camera crews and interview people. It was fun but I'm skipping it for the AJPW show this year. If you want to get tickets, I'd recommend doing that soon cos I bought one for somebody else and there were limited tickets available. Also, if you aren't in the fan club, you probably won't get any of the good signings. They had Shibata, Goto, Roppongi 3K, Cody, ZSJ and Elgin signing this year and by the time I got in, only ZSJ and Elgin tickets were left. So I got a ZSJ signed shirt.

The Sendai Girls show is the Fight Club Pro show I think. Meiko Satomura is handling everything for them and the email address to reserve tickets is the Sendai Girls email address.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 19, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Still trying to figure out if we need to buy tickets for Fuji-Q in advance or not, but my initial thought is no since it's just an amusement park?

You don't.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vendo Thefastlane posted:

Also, the day before the earliest show listed in the pinned post, I will be wrestling on a show in Ibaraki. It's free and I like to think we always put on a good show, but I don't recommend coming unless passing through while touring the country. It's REALLY far out of the way from Tokyo unless you drive.

Hitachi Pro Wrestling

Living in Japan for 15 years and wrestling for 7, if anyone has any specific questions regarding a trip to Japan to enjoy wrestling, I'd be happy to help. :)

The 23rd? I think that's the day my winter break starts so I could probably make that. I'll try to check it out

Auritech posted:

Also, shameful admission: I've never been to Toudoukan. The one time I went, they were renovating the building. Toudoukan is not that far away from Korakuen Hall, though.

They've moved from the original location but I'm not sure where to.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Speaking of goony meet ups, I got in touch with Yano's bar and they're accepting reservations for January 3rd so let me know if you're interested in that.

The maximum number of people for one reservations is eight btw.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 26, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Earliest reservation is 9pm (I'm not sure if that's just when it opens). I'm probably saying 9:30pm because I'll be at the DDT show that starts at 6pm.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you just want to see Fuji then January is actually probably the best time. You can get a really good view from Hakone though and there's a really picturesque spot to take photos of it from across the lake.

Also they sell eggs that add seven years to your lifespan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Okay I'm pretty sure I made the reservation at Ebrietas. They sent me an email saying "I felt. I am waiting for the visit store". If anyone else wants to join in let me know ASAP so I can email them and ask for an extra seat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Went to Gatoh Move for the first time today and I strongly recommend it. The wrestlers are on a mat in a tiny room with like 50 people watching and Emi Sakura brings you hot tea at the end.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They're running a few shows but some are already sold out. I think there's still tickets for the one on Christmas Eve and the one on 1/2.

I might go to the Christmas Eve one but I'm pretty much going to all the Korakuen shows WK week.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the Tokyo government should just make the trains run all night on January 4th like they do on NYE.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pretty much around midnight.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Just got the confirmation that our WK tickets were shipped out! We're in row 13 of Arena A in the east section, which looks to be the right side of the arena if you're looking at the entrance. Anyone else know where they're sitting yet?

Row 7 in the stands which is actually Row 5 because they start at Row 3. Because I'm in the fanclub I got a fancy ticket with a picture of Kenny and Tana on it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm sorry but that's fan club member exclusive information.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's not that exciting but it's a nicer memento than the Family Mart printed ticket I had last year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I just got an email from the fanclub saying that they'll have a "shrine" at the Tokyo Dome for us to attach your wishes for the future of NJPW to, so bring your wishes if you have any strong ones.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will pass on your wishes my friend

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just dropped ¥50k on wrestling tickets. The girl working behind the counter at Lawson's was clearly impressed by how cool I am.

Actually ¥3k of that was to an idols concert where the idols are wrestlers so even cooler.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's DDT where the consensus seems to be the idol stuff is done as a parody. They certainly spend a lot of time making jokes about the rules and stuff but if you know differently about them, I'd certainly be disappointed and not support them in the future.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT's wrestlers in TJPW are all afaik trained in-house though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'll probably be going. They're doing a British indie style free seat thing for the cheap seats so that should be interesting in Korakuen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Only NYD and DDT have sold out of the Korakuen shows and should be the only ones that do.

The Shinkiba shows might though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hey, I'm dumb and accidentally reserved a ticket to Gatoh Move on January 2nd without realising it's an earlier start and clashes with AJPW, so if anyone wants to take over the reservation let me know (it's ¥2500, just go to the venue and give my name to pick up the ticket)

This is what Gatoh Move is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l6oPyb2DCw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

This is something I learned immediately :)

I've got a Metro pass, found my hostel and now need to figure out something to do until evening to keep myself awake. Thinking of checking out Shinjuku Station as it's close by, maybe the view from the Metropolitan Govt building and Yoyogi Park. Just some light wandering around.

I'm actually feeling pretty good despite only getting maybe an hour's worth of sleep on the plane... Hope I don't totally crash later in the afternoon.

Suzuki's store Piledriver is relatively close to Yoyogi Park if you want something to go looking for.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I'm in Sunshine City for some weird ice cream and also the Pokemon shop and just caught a random free j-pop show. I'm liking this city thus far

I know you aren't American but if you're looking for ice cream you should apparently check out this place

https://twitter.com/GeorgeWBUSHI/status/1078853762821672960?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Tokyo Dome is perhaps the busiest I've seen it today.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jimmy Havoc is in the same bar I'm at now, it's really starting to feel like WK season.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

WAVE show was pretty good. The tag title match was MOTN, just a super fun match that had it all from crazy tag moves to numerous pokes in the rear end. Main event was also very good and it was fun to see how emotional it was for many fans. There was also a 9-woman elimination match that had some funny stuff going on, even if the action was somewhat sloppy. Wish I could find the card in English somewhere so I could put actual names here... I don't think I cam trust the Google Translated ones, and the match graphics only had the names in Japanese too. GEORGE W BUSHI, can you help me out here?

The tag title match was BOSS to MAMMY (Yumi Ohka and Mio Momono) vs. Sakura Hirota and Yuki Miyazaki. Main event was Misaki Ohata vs. Ryo Mizunami. Ohata retired afterwards.

Anyone at this DDT show? Yoshimura's injury looks really serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/naotasu0421_dna/status/1079306059594919936?s=19

He's okay. It was a cervical sprain. Weird how Hiromu breaks his neck and gets back up and finishes a match while Naomi can barely move his arms and legs and ends up mostly okay. I don't understand bodies.