Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Thauros posted:

what neighborhood in tokyo would people who have been there before recommend? don't mind a train ride to the dome but want cool restuarants/bars nearby. obviously something not completely out of the way would be nice but i'm there from the 2nd-8th and may be only doing two days of shows in the korakuen/dome area.

I've been to tokyo thrice and my favourite place to stay is in Koenji, there's a good cheap guest house called Koenji Guest House (http://kouenji.seesaa.net/) and the area is nice with a load of cooler hipster-adjacent shops and live music, it's 1 stop from nakano and 3 stops from shinjuku, getting to the dome is easy pretty much regardless of where you stay, I think it took about 15-20 mins IIRC. If you do end up staying in the area, there's a tip top ramen joint and really cool bar ran by a guy named shinsuke nakamura very close to the station, PM me or something and i'll give you details. Otherwise anywhere where you can get a good place that's in Nakano/Shinjuku/Shibuya/Chiyoda/Minato/Bunkyo/Taito areas are gonna be close enough to everything else that you won't have any problems getting around and it not taking very long, the tokyo metro system is ridiculously good.

Also there's other options like google and stuff but I always found this routefinder for the metro to be really handy: http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

brian fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU