Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does a 163rd game count toward that season’s stats? Do you get an asterisk if you break a single season record in 163 games instead of 162?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just realized I was at the last game the Yankees played the Sox in the playoffs. Game 7 of the 2004 ALDS. I don’t really remember what happened that game though. Must not be important.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bewbies posted:

So I thought I'd do a LETS PLAY with OUT OF THE PARK BASEBALL again this fall, last time it was fun.

First, we need to decide how we want to play. We can do one one of the following:

1. Be a Player. You guys come up with players and I inject them into the game. Then, we watch as their careers blossom or wet fart or something in between. This is what we did last year.

2. Crowdmanage a contemporary MLB team. We'll take over as the GM of a team starting in 2019 and generally manage it democratically. I figure we'll probably get through 7-10 seasons before we lose interest.

3. Crowdmanage an historical team. We'll take over as the GM of some team at some point in MLB history and generally manage it democratically again for probably 7-10 seasons.

If you want to participate and have a preference between these three please say so. I'm also open to other suggestions of how to play. Also once this is decided I'll excuse us from the actual base ball thread and over to a private thread for cool kids.

In for 1
2 would be fine too

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm a Yankee fan who's been to many many games. I've sat in the bleachers exactly once. I will gladly pay double the price to sit anywhere else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

iospace posted:

Didn't Yankees_Fans.gif come from the bleachers?

No, that's from the right field stands. The bleachers at Yankee Stadium don't meet the field at any point.

Edit:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 4, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So if you're in a union you're not supposed to cross a picket line of another union? Is that what people are upset about?

I've genuinely never heard of anything like that, just curious.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

You should not do that if you are just a regular joe either.

So what do you do if you had booked a room in that hotel without knowing about the strike? A regular joe can't really afford to just throw away $300+ and be out of a place to stay, just so he can support his common man.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also never go to Atlantic city it is horrible.

Yeah, Atlantic City is the worst.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean pouring beer on someone for no reason is the definition of assault, but yeah I agree pressing charges over something like that is a little laughable.

I like to think they staged the whole thing to get that dude a bunch of free Oakland swag.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Timby posted:

ESPN already has a semi-hit-piece up on Severino, saying he didn't start even playing catch until 15 minutes before first pitch, and also saying that he showed up to the ballpark like 20 minutes before gametime.

Yea before the game the broadcast showed that he didn't throw his first warm up pitch until 7:32.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Everybody said Sevy wasn't late, and if he was it means that a dozen-plus people neglected to make sure the starter didn't know the game time.

It seems like he didn't know the game time. The bullpen coach(?) was seen mouthing the words "Seven Forty" to Sevy as he entered the bullpen late.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Luke Voit wrote about his time with the Yankees and being able to live his dream. Here's an excerpt.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/luke-voit-new-york-yankees-playoffs

This is sweet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

You left a playoff game... early? One that your team was winning? Like did you have someplace cooler and more awesome than that to be? :psyduck:

Yea what the gently caress. You're officially a bad fan.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No, NBA mascots regularly assault fans.

In other news I am seriously considering impulse buying Yankee tickets tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did you just become a Yankee fan or something? Mets fans being bitter about having a lovely team has always been a thing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pettite probably wont be a first ballot guy, but he will definitely get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How can you be stupid enough to just come out and say “yea I’m never gonna give 100%, that’s not me.”???

• Locked thread