Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

You know what's awesome?

Opening youtube TV at work and just watching the game on my second monitor :haw:

Doing the exact same, but with Playstation Vue.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow, that Yelich trade that looked bad at the time looks absolutely dreadful! Who could have seen that coming?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

2018 Brewers are gonna do what the 2007 Rockies did. Win a billion games in a row to end the season, blow through everyone in the NL playoffs with ease, then have an extended break without playing baseball while they wait for the AL to finish their series, thus cooling them off and resulting in them getting swept by the Astros.

A good year for them I'd say!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

start tyler chatwood in the wild card game

this but unironically

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You're correct! Now guess who hit the home run.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fly the flag boys.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

i sincerely hope a team wins it all this year that has never done or hasn't done it in forever, that owns and i hope all long-suffering SAS folks get to experience it because it rules

A good post

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I know I and a lot of others give Cubs posters a lot of flak (and to be fair, they've earned a lot of it), but this has been an extremely disappointing season for the Chicago Cubs. As someone who is now living it, watching your window get shortened or your peak lessened because of incompetence and players who, in theory, should be improving since they are so young are instead regressing is very frustrating. I watched Carlos Correa and George Springer go through that this year and it kind of sucks. You start to wonder, "Is this it? Have they already peaked as players?"

The Cubs dealt with even more of that.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 3, 2018

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm going to miss Justin Wilson on the Cubs. He was truly the worst.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I was just using a couple of players on relative down years as an example Intruder. I think we have at least one additional year of our window.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is the perfect environment to bring Bryce Harper into!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone who grew up in Houston that sounds very accurate to what I was taught

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Postseason baseball is truly the best.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

jit bull transpile posted:

It has been a very difficult mental adjustment for me to see the Brewers to have good pitching. I spend every inning just waiting for the meltdown and it never happens. It's nice.

You've got the best bullpen in baseball...gotta have trust in them at some point!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's so sad that with Keuchel going to the hill for the chance at a sweep my immediate thought is "Hopefully we wrap it up in 4"

Extend him the QO, tell him thank you for your services, and take the comp pick for losing Keuchel.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m okay with Verlander/Cole/Mccullers/James and either Valdez/Peacock, or Whitely later in the season. Keuchel is gone, and I have a bad feeling we’ll lose Morton as well.

Verlander, Cole, McCullers, James and Valdez wouldn't be a bad rotation to start the season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

He's definitely not a long term answer (I think he'll get figured out eventually), but #5 to start the season and long term long reliever is something I can see for him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros fans looking ahead... Man how a year changes perspectives

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Houston would absolutely rather play Boston than New York, and everybody else would rather play Cleveland than Houston.

I disagree, I think Houston matches up better with New York. Houston has the pitching to combat the bats and, well, your game one starter was JA Happ. 'nuff said.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Der Meister posted:

God gently caress you MLB with 1 PM start times.

Uhh, it's 10:30 am over here, calm down with your 1PM start time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm not sure anyone wants to face the Astros at this point. They look red hot at the perfect time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just gonna throw this one out there:

Jose Ramirez's career playoff statline: .205/.258/.265

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Indians and losing three straight games to get eliminated from the postseason, name a more dynamic duo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

2017 Yankees: ALCS Game 7
2018 Yankees: ALDS Game 4

And they fired Girardi...why, exactly?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I made jokes in the GDT but Boone was loving awful this series, lets be real about this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Miguel Andujar, the second best hitter on the team, was nowhere to be seen during that 9th inning. what the gently caress?

2018 team was a lot of fun to watch, frustrating at times and to go out with a whimper like this sucks. They'll be back next year though, hopefully more consistent and with even more talent

Without a significant improvement in your rotation the Yankees are, at best, doing the same thing in 2019.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

By significant you need at least two starters, one of which needs to be an ace. Severino is not that guy, need to face facts on this one. Yankees could have had Verlander and hosed that one up, now they have to go through free agency. Hell, they could have had Cole!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean, perhaps, and Severino's last start could factor into it, but he was downright bad the second half of the season and looked gassed for most of it. I think he's a wonderful #2, not sure if he's quite anchor material yet.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

As long as Severino doesn't face a lineup a third time he's fine.

Okay, sure, that's an indisputable fact. Lets look at some aces...players that no one questions is a #1, on batters who face them a third time this year:

Jake DeGrom - .238/.283/.347
Aaron Nola - .196/.245/.304
Max Scherzer - .194/.260/.379
Corey Kluber - .196/.218/.352
Blake Snell - N/A (I kid, it's .215/.275/.423)
Justin Verlander (Closest comp I can give) - .247/.289/.460
Miles Mikolas - .254/.273/.421
Luis Severino - .319/.333/.522

Now, you may argue that the Yankees offense should be so good that Severino can easily be that #1, and I could see the argument for that, but then...who is the #2? CC Sabathia yet again? You've got to give the man some help, I don't think it helps matters that he feels like he needs to be that guy every five days.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

lol I completely missed the Clevinger meltdown earlier

An MLB Network guy shared a video of Clevinger saying the Astros are nothing special followed by Indians pitchers getting shelled by them to the tune of The Sound of Silence and he got extremely upset

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2018/10/9/17954984/theyre-not-that-special

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Laughing real hard to melting down over people not giving the Yankees their due respect

e: also sad that someone got successfully bofa'd without the payoff

e2: although I have to admit I do appreciate the guy with the Miz avatar playing his in universe character perfectly as a Yankees fan and it makes me wonder if this is gimmick posting

Honestly the Miz avatar tipped me into the gimmick post territory.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whitley is the best pitching prospect in the last five years, come fight me

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

The Athletic has a pretty detailed article on Severino tipping his fastball in the stupidest way possible. How no one on the Yankees figured this out and sought to correct it is basically a crime against baseball.

https://theathletic.com/585330/2018...ll-before-then/

Aaron Boone is the answer.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like Machado is a lock to sign with the Yankees now. Didi is gone after next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone who lived in Houston for 28 years, 100+ is absolutely miserable and I'll take 20 degrees (-20 is a tad insane, but so is 110, which Houston does hit a few times a year at least) over it any time.

78 is way too high. Give me ~60 please. Especially with the California sun (lived in the Bay Area for a couple of years) - it finds a way to make 50 feel way too hot.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm the same way - anything above 40 I'm fine. Hell, I'll consistently wear a short sleeve shirt in the 40's.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am nine days older than Felix Hernandez. I've been living this for years, check mate losers.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Go
Astros!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey, Dodgers bros:

If we were aggressive to you in the past, we're sorry. We were just so amped to win the World Series finally, and as Houston sports fans we've never experienced that before. We have no beef.

Go kick the Red Sox rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Here's the order:

Brewers
Dodgers
Yankees somehow win #28 this year
Meteor
Red Sox

• Locked thread