Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

1. Please don’t retire, Joe. The last of a very particular Twins roster.

2. Maximum chaos ball hopes: A’s-Brewers World Series. Make it happen boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Paracaidas posted:

I want to find the radio call of him catching one final pitch, because Provus absolutely nailed it.

I absolutely refuse to watch this video. I teared up just reading the wrap.

gently caress this stupid child's game.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

aaaaand I just got tickets to Brewers/Cubs.

Chaos Reigns.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

What could have caused those Marlins-Yankees numbers? Hmmmmmmm.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Today was my first game at Wrigley. It was cool that Maddon was in on the whole Maximum Chaosball mindset. Baez, too, for hacking strikeouts when he was the tying (winning? i don't remember) run. Rizzo's homer was loving beautiful. I mean that. It was a thing of beauty.

As a third party observer, the respective fandoms were decent until the 8th, at which point every Brewers fan in the upper deck decided to stand. But whatever, I just stood up, too. Quality booing for Braun, Hader, and Murphy. Dueling MVP chants for Baez and Yelich. Didn't get anything fancy, just a good hot dog and some nachos and a Goose Island.

10/10 would recommend Wrigley Chaosball. (Maybe would not recommend non-Chaos as the seats are loving expensive and The Troughs are still somehow a thing that exist.)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Niwrad posted:

The troughs are good.

Not when you're trans.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

beejay posted:

Disliking Ryan Braun takes as much effort as liking him and I see no reason to like him so...

I mean being a sports fan is at its core irrational and petty. I can have just as many "legitimate" reasons to dislike a player as "illegitimate" so long as all I do is boo the everloving gently caress out of them.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

and knowing how to use the left lane properly makes you a "FIB."

Jesus goddamn CHRIST I hate I90 in wisconsin because no one EVER passes, they all just speed up and slow down in unison and it's the WORST GODDAMN THING. Getting to Tomah driving north is glorious because whichever branch you take is immediately better because you only have to deal with half as many assholes the rest of the way to Minnesota.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Infidel Castro posted:

I don't have any hard numbers to prove it, but if someone blasts past me going 90 mph+ on 90/94 it's pretty much 50/50 odds that they have Illinois plates.

Even a nice healthy 75 would be nice, but my options are usually 68 or 70.5mph and that's it. Sometimes we'll all drop down to 59 or so for no apparent reason, if we're lucky.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

FlamingLiberal posted:

Paul Molitor has been offered an unspecified job to stay with the Twins

Mauer manager Molitor hitting coach.

Place yer bets.

(as if this would ever happen)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bewbies posted:

So I thought I'd do a LETS PLAY with OUT OF THE PARK BASEBALL again this fall, last time it was fun.

First, we need to decide how we want to play. We can do one one of the following:

1. Be a Player. You guys come up with players and I inject them into the game. Then, we watch as their careers blossom or wet fart or something in between. This is what we did last year.

2. Crowdmanage a contemporary MLB team. We'll take over as the GM of a team starting in 2019 and generally manage it democratically. I figure we'll probably get through 7-10 seasons before we lose interest.

3. Crowdmanage an historical team. We'll take over as the GM of some team at some point in MLB history and generally manage it democratically again for probably 7-10 seasons.

If you want to participate and have a preference between these three please say so. I'm also open to other suggestions of how to play. Also once this is decided I'll excuse us from the actual base ball thread and over to a private thread for cool kids.

I vote 2, m'self.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

loving labor solidarity eh. Most successful union in the country. As long as you’re a major leaguer.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Spoeank posted:

this is why I laugh out loud when people talk about professional sports unions and their negotiations as having any bearing on any sort of collective bargaining that happens anywhere else in the world ever.

The fact that they won't do poo poo for minor leaguers is the most egregious part for me.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yikes, my education in suburban boston just completely ignored the labor movement and unions as a whole. In fact our history coursework terminated around the new deal probably because going much further risked getting some angry letters.

Where I grew up they ended there because everything after that was the last 10 or so pages of the book and we never got that far. My government class as a senior did manage to get up to Kennedy's assassination, but anything after that was just... not a big deal? I mean I vaguely remember Reagan's presidency, and apparently that's enough.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

New Concept Hole posted:

'Do not touch
-Playoffs.'

"Good advice!"

Lousy Rocktober weather!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pungry posted:

This might be the best chance we can get the goonmind at the head of a real team. Someone here has to get this job.

We seem to be doing alright with the Padres in the OotP thread. I wonder if they’d take that on the resume. bewbies, goons, & co. - GM.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tender Bender posted:

Lmao I forgot Boston gave Crawford that terrible contract and got immediately bailed out by LA

That was a bad MVP year, not as egregious in the AL but Morneau hit 325/375/559 at 1B, to beat out Jeter's 343/417/483 at SS.

Morneau absolutely carried the Twins that year and also gently caress Jeter.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The first four games are scheduled in a way where I don’t actually have to miss any part of them. For once.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

FlamingLiberal posted:

D-Backs extended Eduardo Escobar for 3/$21, which i find odd after all of the reports that they may have to shop Goldschmidt to save money

So much for the Twins resigning him the offseason.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

God drat I wish I had a system that played this anymore.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I miss Triple Play 2001 and baseball games in general. I guess the hot one now is The Show?

It is and it is A Good Game. Netcode is a crapshoot but the core gameplay is solid.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved popups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Best fans in baseball.

• Locked thread