Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Go: Yankees.

Do not go: Everyone else, especially the Red Sox and Dodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What's the most teams that could be alive after 162?

The number of teams in the league, assuming an even number of games in the season.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Move to Canada, we can stream all playoff games on MLB.tv :whatup:

Set your un-block.us region to Canada, reboot Apple TV. :whatup:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

To be fair he hasn't really been with them since May or so.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Why would you want more ground balls when you play half your games in a relatively small park (right?)

Where do you think they play the other half of their games?? Checkmate. :smug:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

Looking at 2019 I'd take the Mets rotation over the Cubs without even hesitating, and I'd prob take the Pirates as well given the uncertainty around Darvish and Hole Camels

This. The Mets rotation, on any other team would be being constantly talked about in “is the one of the best of all times!!!” type articles. But lol, Mets.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
News: Giancarlo Stanton has *never* lost a post-season game when he was in the starting lineup.

Views:

Dear Mr. Boone, please to not put Britton into any games when we are not up by at least 5 runs.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Miz Kriss posted:

I like that idea, but I’m curious about how the travel would go if it goes to a game 3

Wasn’t it the only wormwood based drink for a while until absinthe was able to be sold again?

All this Malort chat makes me want either my avatar text or the thread title to be “la petite Malort” :v:

I would think it's a 1 game lower seed, last two at higher seed so you only travel once.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

MrMidnight posted:

If I was a Yankees fans I would be pissed. Routine and properly preparing for an important game is everything.

What's so important about it... not like they could have been eliminated last night! :smith:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm older than every active player, and I might be slightly more althetic than Bartolo.

I wish Ryan Braun wasn't on the Brewers, because then I could root for them. But now there is nobody left, so go giant meteor.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

The Astros window has closed and what they need to do is lay the groundwork for the future.

It's time to ruthlessly cut payroll and start a real rebuilding effort from the ground up. This will involve some painful moves, such as sending Gerrit Cole back to Pittsburgh, and sending Alex Bregman to Pittsburgh, and sending José Altuve to Pittsburgh, and possibly some more outside the box moves like sending Verlander and Correa to Pittsburgh.

"Pittsburgh" is a strange way of spelling "the Yankees".

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

Sonny Gray pitching with the vast green pastures of PNC Park behind him, cocooned by the strength of the 21 foot Clemente Wall, free to attack the zone with the fastball and get ahead in counts...this is my dream

I really hope he does well wherever he winds up. Didn't quite work out for the Yanks, but I like him and wish him success.*

* unless he winds up on the Red Sox. I'm looking at you Eovaldi.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pancakes posted:

Luke Voit promptly grows out his chest hair, gains 15 pounds.

Yankees require chest hair be neatly groomed, so he's only going to get 7-8 pounds max out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Intruder posted:

I thought Sale died

When has that ever stopped them from tossing him out there during the post-season?

• Locked thread