Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Go, in order:
  • 1. Cubs
  • 2. Indians
  • 3. A's
  • 4. Rockies
  • 5. Red Sox
  • 6. Dodgers
  • 7. Astros
  • 8. Braves
  • 9. Yankees
  • 10. Brewers

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DeepDickPizza posted:

Quintana starting tomorrow. He could be very good or very bad. Chaos is ensured.

Quintana has faced the Brewers 6 times this season. He's 4-1 with 2.17 ERA, 3.30 K/BB, 0.884 WHIP, and an oOPS of .570.

So yeah he's probably gonna get obliterated tomorrow. :v:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

the popes toes posted:

someone say it

Funky Urban Car

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

iospace posted:

Not going to lie, it was tempting to change the name of the Cubs thread to the "Hillary Clinton of Baseball Teams"

But the Cubs won in 2016 :confused:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

NOOOOOOOO: Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, Cubs

Manfred's wet dream final four.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kirios posted:

Cubs fans sure bitch a lot about a team that's about to get the 1 seed in their league's playoffs.

:thunk:

But on the other hand, I posted this on September 18th:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They're gonna limp into the Wild Card game, pull off a crazy bullshit win, then win game 5 of the NLDS, game 7 of the NLCS, and game 7 of the World Series while having a negative run differential in every series.

EYBS lives on. :patriot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mastershakeman posted:

The cub led the division for 162 games but didn't win it, didn't they

Lol

Uh no

They were in first for 75 days.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
2018 Brewers are gonna do what the 2007 Rockies did. Win a billion games in a row to end the season, blow through everyone in the NL playoffs with ease, then have an extended break without playing baseball while they wait for the AL to finish their series, thus cooling them off and resulting in them getting swept by the Red Sox.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Aaaand I've got my ticket for tomorrow. Popete will be joining me!

Looking forward to 4 straight years of being in the stands when the Cubs' season ends. :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Inspector_666 posted:

I want a Yankees/Brewers series and while I'd like 5 or 6 games because I want to go to Miller for one, I guess I am OK with this outcome.

A Yankees/Brewers series is literally the only way I'd root for the Yankees, so you've got that going for you.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i believe that tyler chatwood could be more deceptive if he altered his delivery mechanics, i've provided some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjfZABX8Kw

Perhaps if he got some advice from a place that earned back to back to back AAU national champions. Maybe with an endorsement from a certain crime dog?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
My experience with Wisconsin is Madison and Milwaukee are great, and the rest of the state sucks. It's a lot like how Chicago is the only part of Illinois that doesn't suck. Also, cheese curds, blue moon ice cream, Culver's, and New Glarus beer are amazing, and knowing how to use the left lane properly makes you a "FIB."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

iospace posted:

I'm sorry Cubs fans, but this has to be posted:

This doesn't really make sense considering the Cubs were only in first place for half the year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The 2004 Yanks/Sox ALCS was extremely epic but then it turned into 15 years of insufferable Boston fans :D

I was in college in Boston during that series. I watched game 7 from a dive bar right across the street from Fenway named PJ Kilroy's. They had 75-cent Busch Lite on tap, so I remember very little from that night, other than pouring into the streets to celebrate after they won and the fact that it took me 90 minutes to walk back to my dorm instead of the usual 15.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Rockies would be cool with me if the Cubs get bumped. Dodgers I'm pretty neutral, same with Braves.

A's all the way baby.

Yeah I'm all aboard the Rocktober train to come out of the NL if the Cubs lose tonight.

I was anxious all day over this game, but now that I'm in my seat at Wrigley, I feel a lot more relaxed.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Spoeank posted:

I'd just like to point out that the Cubs defeated the Giants in 2016, and acquired eybs. The Rockies acquired it today by defeating the Cubs.

Go Rocktober.

Man I hope so. Literally no one expects the Rockies to beat the Brewers.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Give us our thread back so we can post in there and then 90% of the posts in here won't be people dogpiling Cubsposts.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

iospace posted:

Talk to HK

Hand Knit posted:

Team threads are bad and are never coming back.

Welp I guess you can ignore my PM then

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

This is the worst take.

I mean it's clearly a troll

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Fun fact about the 2018 Cubs: Despite being 6th in the NL in runs per game, there was only one team in the entire MLB that had more games where they scored 0 or 1 run: The Baltimore Orioles. It was all feast or famine.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Do you think any of the Yankees/Red Sox games will be under 4 hours long?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

jit bull transpile posted:

No the Braves cannot be goed until they change their name and ban the tomahawk chop from the park

And give the people of Cobb County their tax money back for unnecessarily building a new stadium when the old one was perfectly fine, but people didn't like that Turner Field was in a historically black neighborhood.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yankees are the best team and we are the best fans because every other teams fans scream and yell about how their team/players are all good and not evil when we just embrace it.

Yeah totally the best fans.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am completely baffled as to why fox has aj pierzynski calling the NLDS

It'd be really good television if he was alongside Michael Barrett.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

brewers have The Look

They have Yelich, which is all that really matters.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I consider it a point of personal pride that Trump hates Chicago more than any other city. :patriot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yankees should've thrown beer on the strikers as they crossed the picket line

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GalacticAcid posted:

Usually the most belligerent shitheads are, in fact, cubs fans

The worst was a cubs fan swearing at people and flicking them off at Citi Field one time and the cubs weren’t even playing

Have you ever made a post in SAS that wasn't just an attempt at baiting Cubs posters?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GalacticAcid posted:

Also stop posting about posters, particularly ones who aren’t cookie cutter diaper-fillers rallying around an L flag

So I guess that's a no on my question

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Zigmidge posted:

This is the only thing I love Rogers for. No food or beverage import restrictions at the skydome! I show up with all the cheap beer (that one I do smuggle with a false bottom bag) and munchies I could possibly need and a 20$ bill if I can't resist buying a footlong hotdog.

Baseball is perfect for being super high.

Most stadiums will allow you to bring in food and non-alcoholic drinks, as long as they're factory sealed. If I'm spending a day in the hot bleachers, I'll buy a big $2 bottle of water at Walgreens on the way over and just fill it up in one of the water fountains when it's empty. The bleachers also have the most unique food options. It's one of two places in the city you can still get Hot Doug's sausages (the other being as a pizza topping at Piece). They also have a thing I called "the meat tornado", which is a bread cone filled with BBQ pulled pork and macaroni & cheese. It's the perfect mix of terrible and delicious that makes stadium food great.

Wrigley got rid of the single greatest concession item after 2016: buffalo chicken fries. Just a big ol' pile of fries topped with chicken, buffalo sauce, bleu cheese crumbles, and green onions. I was devastated when I found out they got rid of them. Fortunately, thanks to Poque, I was able to give the guy responsible for the decision a piece of my mind in person. :bahgawd:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Explosionface posted:

For a while I was wondering if postseason Cubs games were going to be distracting me during my wedding and honeymoon next week, but at least their losing early freed me from that dilemma.

In 2016, we missed game 1 of the NLCS (Montero's grand slam game) because one of Poque's coworkers, a Cubs employee, scheduled her wedding in Nashville for that day. :doh:

I remember hitting refresh on my phone at the reception and seeing the score jump from 3-3 to 3-7 and shouting "SOMETHING JUST HAPPENED!"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I refuse to believe the Brewers' starters are actually this good.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Miz Kriss posted:

Crossposting from the Astros/Indians GDT because :drat:

Even better if the Braves lose too

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

Isn’t DC Monday Night Football this week, too?

Holy poo poo go Saints

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Go, in order:
  • 1. Cubs
  • 2. Indians
  • 3. A's
  • 4. Rockies
  • 5. Red Sox
  • 6. Dodgers
  • 7. Astros
  • 8. Braves
  • 9. Yankees
  • 10. Brewers

This isn't going quite like I hoped. :thunk:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I definitely understand the hate, but have you also considered that we have baseball’s lovable official mascot Jose Altuve?

You also have Roberto Osuna

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

STAC Goat posted:

Every fan accepts a certain amount of "I'm rooting for the uniform." But no one is gonna do that for some other team's bandwagon uniform.

Exactly. I completely understand why some baseball fans hate the Cubs, because I also hate Chapman, Russell, and throw Murphy in there too. But I'm not trying to convince people to root for us because hey we also have baseball fun-haver Javy Baez and he definitely makes up for the lovely people, right???

And while I do think the Cubs would not have won in 2016 without Chapman, Russell's only positive thing of note in that entire postseason was hitting a homer to put the Cubs up 7-0 in a game that was never close.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Brock Holt just hit the first cycle in postseason history. :stare:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers are apparently heavy favorites in the NLCS (71.5% by FG, 61% by 538) but that really feels too extreme to me. The Brewers bats are hot and their bullpen is both extremely good and also deep enough to throw the majority of innings in a postseason series (as they just did vs COL). Not to mention said BP will be fully rested before this one kicks off.

Bet on the Brewers to win as an emotional insurance policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The reason the '90s Bulls were so dominant is because they always knew exactly when the game started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOuxd6Eo_0&t=17s

• Locked thread