Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your opinion on Bowsette
This poll is closed.
Cool and good 84 0.02%
Thicc 465888 99.93%
Who? 21 0.00%
Weird as are the people that keep bringing this up 67 0.01%
Should be more muscular with green skin and red hair 74 0.02%
Hope she's announced for Smash 63 0.01%
Total: 466197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Heartcatch posted:

Star Trek always seems to have had all the poor spinoffs, from the phone service to the board game.
I think the star trek license has just been given out way more freely than the star wars one, there's just way more volume of star trek stuff out there if you ignore toys and cashgrab board game reskins like star wars risk or whatever

the average quality might be lower idk, but there is some good rear end star trek stuff out there in both the video game and board game realms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember after the movie came out my family got a titanic board game.

I don't actually remember anything about it though other than it existing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When I was young we had a Crystal Maze board game that was the absolute tits. It came with loads of different components to recreate the challenges from the TV show.

I don't have anyone to board game with these days and it makes me sad

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I think the star trek license has just been given out way more freely than the star wars one, there's just way more volume of star trek stuff out there if you ignore toys and cashgrab board game reskins like star wars risk or whatever

the average quality might be lower idk, but there is some good rear end star trek stuff out there in both the video game and board game realms

Yeah, that might be the case actually.. there is definitely a ton of star trek merchandise out there.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

When I was young we had a Crystal Maze board game that was the absolute tits. It came with loads of different components to recreate the challenges from the TV show.

https://www.meetup.com/bristolgamers/

My friend organises these and there's board game nights pretty frequently

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

Remember when Star Wars used to pump out two decent games a year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

https://www.meetup.com/bristolgamers/

My friend organises these and there's board game nights pretty frequently

I was actually looking at these a few months ago but I have social anxiety and strangers are scary. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can get the confidence to go to one!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rarity posted:

I was actually looking at these a few months ago but I have social anxiety and strangers are scary. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can get the confidence to go to one!

This from a big maf name?

e: lol, who did you piss off.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

If I still lived in Bristol I would absolutely be up for playing some boardgames :D I do miss that place an absolute ton.

Also I once went to Wales on a holiday about 20 years ago and there was an actual Crystal Maze building where you could go and play some proper games/tasks, then get in the Crystal Dome and press lit buttons instead of catching tickets. It was amazing and I wish it still existed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

This from a big maf name?

e: lol, who did you piss off.

Living my life online cause I'm no good at living my life offline :dukedog:

Someone keeps giving avatars to UKMT regulars cause they don't like free healthcare or adequate housing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

October is post cuss words month

weiners

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Sure, the organiser is a goon too so you're in good company there but I get how it is!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rarity posted:

Living my life online cause I'm no good at living my life offline :dukedog:

Someone keeps giving avatars to UKMT regulars cause they don't like free healthcare or adequate housing

:hf:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

can i ask for pictures of boo

i like boo

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
is it bad that nintendo's waifu in a crown™ has made this thread worth looking at???

in other news, LET IT DIE on pc means we got proper rips of the soundtrack
getting a bunch of bands across different labels to make songs with "let it die" in the lyrics or as the song name is p fuckin rad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvb6ppB33qU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a08oDuE2u4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAzecFNL4Ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9Lg3MAEPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxXOFzHPVWA

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

can i ask for pictures of boo

i like boo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bow has a great design imo though right now I'm wondering how those hair clips stay on a hairless ghost

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cheetah7071 posted:

Bow has a great design imo though right now I'm wondering how those hair clips stay on a hairless ghost

The power of death.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The story of VC4 is making me sad. poo poo gets really grim in this one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The story of VC4 is making me sad. poo poo gets really grim in this one.

So true. I'm at the mission where the squads are doing a mock battle to see who gets the delicious anime bread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

happy halloween 🎃 👻

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
:lol:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So much effort went into that one, but pieces of it are labeled like a lazy political cartoon?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

So true. I'm at the mission where the squads are doing a mock battle to see who gets the delicious anime bread

Alright wise guy that's chapter 5. Get to 10+ and then you can mock all you want.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Zas posted:

i'm still playing dragon quest 11. seems like everyone else has finished it, maybe i'm slow. anyway it's the bets

I'm still working through it. Hunting my last orb with nearly 50 hours in the hole.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Help Im Alive posted:

Hm yes, there couldn’t possibly be any levity in a game before more serious moments. That’s unheard of.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it was a joke

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1046731647280959488?s=21

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

So much effort went into that one, but pieces of it are labeled like a lazy political cartoon?

the thicc booties represent debt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

It's literally a Lord of the Rings parody, you numpty

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

It's literally a Lord of the Rings parody, you numpty

It shows Trump taking the US by storm in the 2016 election.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

“happy halloween for mario” -bowsetrice

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

yall RDR 2 looks cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chat thread, teach me how to use consumable items in RPGs

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jay Rust posted:

Chat thread, teach me how to use consumable items in RPGs

I used to be a horrible item hoarder but what I've learned is this: most competently designed games aren't going to leave you in the lurch when it comes to items. They're never going to have a consumable item be so rare that people who are constantly slamming potions can't get their hands on more easily. So try not to worry about it too much. Assume a refill is around the corner and go hog-wild.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Here's an easy one, don't ever buy consumable items in RPGs.

Very rarely do they not dump enough on you just from exploring to use.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Perhaps anime and the real WW2 are not so different after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Here's an easy one, don't ever buy consumable items in RPGs.

Very rarely do they not dump enough on you just from exploring to use.

Except revives.

Stock the gently caress up on Make Dead Characters Alive Again pots

• Locked thread