Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your opinion on Bowsette
This poll is closed.
Cool and good 84 0.02%
Thicc 465888 99.93%
Who? 21 0.00%
Weird as are the people that keep bringing this up 67 0.01%
Should be more muscular with green skin and red hair 74 0.02%
Hope she's announced for Smash 63 0.01%
Total: 466197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A harem anime with NO BOYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are there supposed to be boys in a harem anime besides maybe the protagonist, i thought being all women was kind of the point

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Regy Rusty posted:

The only acceptable kind.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mushroom high host club

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

are there supposed to be boys in a harem anime besides maybe the protagonist, i thought being all women was kind of the point

I'm including the protagonist!!!!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

exquisite tea posted:

FGs are never really about their stories

are you sure about that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm including the protagonist!!!!!!

This image is wrong though because the crown would turn Cappy into a pretty lady and Mario would still be Mario-rear end-Mario.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So there’s more than one crown?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

So there’s more than one crown?

It's a powerup, like a mushroom, so yeah there's an unlimited supply. Everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom should wear them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom is already wearing one. You don't want to know what they really look like.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWx9GjyMCnY

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Mine too typically but there's just something about Soulcalibur where I can actually parse it enough to do decent enough, and also a lot of the single player stuff is fun as hell.

Beta was fantastic.

I think the fact that you're using a weapon helps people who generally play single-player action games pick it up more easily. In reality it's very different from a Zelda or a God of War, but at surface level there's a lot more in common than when compared to Tekken or other 3D fighters which are more focused on hand-to-hand combat.

I think this combined with the fact that SC has always been known for having robust single player makes it appeal to a greater audience than just people that want to play forever and ever.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well, the good SoulCals all had robust single-player anyway. Then they kind of fell off that with SC4 and I was very Not Interested past that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

Anime is... good???

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

my nep nep detector is going off

content
Feb 13, 2014

The sound design in Half-Life was so weird and good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

same but the opposite

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The best harem animes are the ones without anyone in them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Soul Calibur VI having two different single player modes shows they know what they're doing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Apparently Geralt plays a significant role in Libra of Souls so I'm eager to see how they shoehorn him in there.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

hahahaha

I mean it's not getting best game of all time reviews but still

univbee posted:

Can't wait to try this.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Apparently Geralt plays a significant role in Libra of Souls so I'm eager to see how they shoehorn him in there.

I hope Geralt's story ends with him beating Nightmare and shattering the Soul Edge, meaning Geralt is directly responsible for Soul Calibur II.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Keep in mind that VR has an amazing ability to take a game design that would be super basic and boring in 2D and make it really engrossing, especially when motion controls are involved.

9 hours is also sadly way above average for PSVR content playtime.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Oh huh this looks pretty rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpfDOn64xc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh it’s “bot”, not “boy”

:(

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

The thing with Geralt is that dimensional travel is canon to Witcher, so it wouldn't be hard making it work.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
In Soul Calibur all guests are canon to the story.

It is why the main Lizardman can use wings and other Kratos-related moves in SCV, he ate Kratos.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Does he take Kaer Morhen with him like an intergalactic spaceship because that's in this game too!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Does he take Kaer Morhen with him like an intergalactic spaceship because that's in this game too!
Portals can go both ways, the Soul Cal characters probably end up in Witcher World if they're adding Kaer Mohren as a story mode stage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of which: loving announce Lizardman already Namco!

I think in character creation you can make your character a Lizard, but that's still not the same thing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Spawn, Link, Heihachi and Darth Vader, thank you very much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Geralt might actually be the first non-poo poo guest character they've put in a SoulCal game. SonicFox was downright nasty with him.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

exquisite tea posted:

Geralt might actually be the first non-poo poo guest character they've put in a SoulCal game. SonicFox was downright nasty with him.

You take that back. Link was my boy.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Taintrunner posted:

Bring back Spawn, Link, Heihachi and Darth Vader, thank you very much.

Vader's Apprentice doesn't even have a canon to go back to now. Give him a home Namco.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

That looks... fine. I guess. :shrug:

The bosses are all very cool looking but that's about it really, is this really the game that one tweet was hyping up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Mario 64 thing is hyperbole but the actual game looks rad. It's also $40 and about 10h.

There's a bunch of PSVR games I've thought looked cool (oh god tetris effect) and this might be enough to push me over. I'll wait for a review from someone I've heard of tho lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Astro Bot looks awful and an even blander version of Lucky's Tale. Third person VR is the woooorrrrssst.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I fr*ckin love Spooktober.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

why lizardman when you could sophitia

Macaluso posted:

That looks... fine. I guess. :shrug:

The bosses are all very cool looking but that's about it really, is this really the game that one tweet was hyping up

That guy did like 200 follow up tweets about it and mario 64

https://twitter.com/horwitz/status/1046809440392032257

https://twitter.com/horwitz/status/1046810637551226880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

why lizardman when you could sophitia

lizardman is way cooler

• Locked thread