Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your opinion on Bowsette
This poll is closed.
Cool and good 84 0.02%
Thicc 465888 99.93%
Who? 21 0.00%
Weird as are the people that keep bringing this up 67 0.01%
Should be more muscular with green skin and red hair 74 0.02%
Hope she's announced for Smash 63 0.01%
Total: 466197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Monkey Fracas posted:

has there been a killer app for VR yet? I might not have been paying enough attention

Please look forward to Tetris Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfsbGR1Foo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Propaganda Hour posted:

*Rushes in from the street out of breath*

Turn off your monitor!!!

That reminds me which PS2 game was it where the disc read something like "turn over the disc for a nasty surprise"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In an odd way I feel like some Mega Man fans wish that MM11, as well as 10 and 9 had the same level of story as the last decade or so of core Kirby game stories.

And by that I mean stuff that actually contributes to the Mega Man Lore? Like even though the lore stuff happens pretty sparingly in the Kirby examples it's still usually those world-building gumdrops that stay with certain parts of the fandom that lap it up. And in the case of the last three Mega Man games the story has been seen as more less just filler episode material. Like what they really want is for prototype Zero to wake up and have an "Epic" fight with Mega Man that sounds really cool in your head.

There was a fan game that had a Zero fight.

The "fight" sucked.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's still funny to me that MM11 took one of MN9's unused concepts. The one where the robot master's power changes your look.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

While the PS1 bootup is great, I've always had a soft spot for the PSP bootup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulb6Ic4517g

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope they announce a new paper mario soon. I'm one of those weirdos that still like the series becuase the astethic is extremely my poo poo.

I'll even take remasters of any of the past games.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

pick furry, lots of damage sounds good

Fire does the same thing tho.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

Like the screen goes all red and Kenshiro goes ugh and falls over and you get a game over, I'm not sure how more defeated you could get. It's also exactly the same as when you get a game over in the Yakuza games.

FotNS does have problems but they're mostly to do with the bosses.

He's clearly just tired and laying down for a nap.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That sticker owns.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/project_eevee/status/1050644890839789569

Everything posted on this Twitter account today is a treasure.

There better be a Pokemon crossover event for Animal Crossing on the Switch :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi just driveby posting to say that this is the best of the hour-songs in animal crossing and also that they have yet to top this imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvhAeNNG-RQ

They top it like an hour later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuduck3SJo8

That being said 8PM was my time, I used to love playing Animal Crossing around 8PM.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Titenic is hilarious

I'm not sure why they went with beat em up, but I'm glad of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm never getting the trophy for eating a peanut in SotN. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Makes sense since Miyamoto is the sole contributor to the Mario Wiki.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

it's weird that .hack//gu makes it first big unwinnable fight against a dangerous player killer, a level 27 boss that you don't even really have to try to level past and at that point won't have any trouble fighting at all, even though it's an entire scene about haseo getting his rear end kicked and then unlocking his mmo superpowers at the last minute

unwinnable fights can already be wonky in games but it's a lot weirder when you have the whole fake mmo setup and these are people's actual in-universe power levels and this super dangerous person is at a kind of ridiculously low level for how strong they're portrayed as. you'd only even really have to make them like five or six levels stronger for it to make more sense

An idea I've had for unwinnable fights is to have you control the boss. Like I feel letting you control the person kicking your rear end would be a good way to let you know how powerful they are.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm awake again and i think the post credits of xenoblade x is even dumber than i did last night. its like MGS2 level of "let's write something preposterous and hope we never have to actually explain it in a sequel"

written by tim buckley

Xenoblade X is like the only game to subvert my expectations to only U turn around and meet them.

That post credit scene is so bad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let's do the Mario all together now.

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP...ingawful.com%2F

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if there will ever be a time when guest characters will become boring.

It's not that time now of course, gently caress yeah 2B.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

Historically SC guest characters have been absolutely terrible in competitive play but Geralt doesn't look too bad.

I mean the concept of a guest character since everyone has one now. Like I think the only major fighting game without one is SFV.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

NexusMods has always been a repository for filth, it is known

I remember a mod on there that got rid of all the cat puns in World. What a terrible place.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't check out Delta Rune since I'm at work, is the music good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

precision posted:

Undertale was a good game but I'm not looking forward to 3 years of chat thread talking about this demo

Don't worry the chat thread will taking about Smash for 3 years after the direct tomorrow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

So I'm very intrigued by that ending.

Also there are several instances where certain characters will tell you to "come back tomorrow". I wonder if something new is gonna happen if you open the game up tomorrow?

edit: :doh: Deltarune = Undertale I can't believe I literally didn't get that til this second

They are all gonna celebrate the Undertale rep getting into Smash Bros.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I look forward to pirating it :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gotm is Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.

I rebought it as like a downtime game, but now I can't stop designing happy homes for these dumb animals and it's basically the only game I played this month. :negative:

• Locked thread