Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I'm looking forward to the mystery behind the new companion, Brad Wolfsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

oh also those opaque goggles 13 was wearing when she was doing the mad scientist thing need to make a comeback

I mean, the mad scientist tinkering together a sonic screwdriver/teleporter/in general needs to keep happening but those goggles need to be part of it

goggles are cool

I THINK I saw eleven with them in The Doctors Wife at the end.
Can someone confirm?
If not they were very similar.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rhyno posted:

He did! When he met Seven he knew it was him straight away and it was wonderful!

I'm pretty sure Brig also did so with Six in an audio.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I really like it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Nah gently caress em. It’s a great episode.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Listening to Jubilee and goddamn it's so loving good

It is.

:colbert:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I love the Scorchies. Especially Professor Baffle.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

They're better than the show at least, for whatever that's worth.

Better than the first two seasons at least, that season 3 miniseries was proper good.

Also a vote for the lucie bleeding miller arc.
the first few are on spotify and I started relistening today. Haley Atwell is in the first story of that too.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

SiKboy posted:

On the one hand, that was clumsy as all gently caress. On the other, I was braced for it to be SO MUCH WORSE, so I'm putting that one down as, if not a win exactly, at least not a loss. A no score draw of an episode if you like.

Yeah, I think that was the best that a show like dr who could have handled that storyline. Also I really liked it, three for three so far.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh poo poo, was that the Meddling MonkPunk?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Stabbatical posted:

Why were they such pricks to the group who obviously had already blown their cover and wanted to know what was up with these famous former assassins? The Doctor didn't make them come clean, they just did it themselves after she mentioned that fact to their face.

I mean, she did steal the remains of their entire civilisation.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh god, that reminds me of the lifesize cutout of captain jack i sent someone for dr who secret santa a few years back

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

This is why we need a UBI

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Cerv posted:

things that are bad: making disparaging 'robophobic' comments.
things that. are ok: causing thousands of robots to blow themselves up.

I loved the mention of robophobia.

Brought the big finish Robophobia to mind which is probably up in my top 5 big finish.
(was odd watching Robots of Death for the first time after being very familiar with robophobia)

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Demons of the Punjab is probably the "best' episode so far for me, but The Woman Who Fell To Earth is my favorite, and I thought Rosa and The Witchfinders were both strong. Kerblam! I really, really enjoyed until I thought about it for more than 5 minutes (:smith:)

The Ghost Monument, Arachnids in the UK, and The Tsuranga Conundrum have all been perfectly fine episodes, I wouldn't say there has been a bad episode this season. That said, there have definitely been recurring issues of the writing not always being the tightest, some odd editing choices and a tendency to abandon decoys the moment the "twist" is revealed which leaves a lot of (explicitly) unanswered questions. All in all the season has been a winner so far, helped immensely by the tremendous chemistry between the cast, Graham being fantastic, and Jodie Whittaker just absolutely owning the role of the Doctor.

Exactly this.
I know I often say there's no bad Who episodes, it's hyperbole sure, but this season has been consistently good.

The ratings support this to, being some of the best non-special numbers since around 2012.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Narsham posted:

Shorter Doctor Who fandom: most of these episodes desperately needed some extra thought and a few more drafts and rewrites. Also, we are outraged that the next series won't air until 2020.

Amazing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

KAL: My eyes tell me what has happened. As they do when I sleep and I see things. Za and Hur came to free them, and find a way to make fire. The old woman saw them. Za killed old woman.
HORG: The old woman is dead. It must have been as your eyes said it was.
KAL: Za has gone with them, taking them to their cave. Za takes away fire. Now I, Kal, lead. Go!

Shame it's all been downhill since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/bbcstudios/2018/doctor-who-macra-terror-animation

Sounds like Macra has been confirmed.