Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

TOONG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I didn’t really follow Bille Piper’s career between her time as Rose and Day of the Doctor, so when she appeared as the Moment/Bad Wolf i remember I was really blown away at how much she’d grown as an actress

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

The Eighth Doctor Adventures are generally really good and cool and form their own story that's structured like (and feels like it would fit in with) the new series. If I were crazy enough to try to get a friend from real life who liked the show into Big Finish, I would tell 'em to listen to those.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Damned British math.

Maths*

There is some good Big Finish but there’s so much that you really need to curate it. Sturgeon’s law at work. I also haven’t kept up with their more recent work, it all sounds kinda uninspired

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

:eyepop:

Clara was the best developed character that the revival has created and I will fight all of you

Which by extension means she’s the best developed character the entire series has produced since 1963

I will never understand anti-Clara people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I like that two-parter (and Kill the Moon, actually), and it’s nice to see some positive things said about it. All of Harness’s episodes are reeeeal curate’s eggs at best though. Some interesting ideas butting up against some seriously misguided ones.