Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Missouri isn't part of the Deep South?

Huh, first time I've heard this. Not joking, here.

I mean it's not even considered the south by many people, myself included (I'm a native).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

navyjack posted:

:yikes: made flesh

Please don't doxx my penis.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The more I mull on this episode, the more I dislike it immensely. The "two weeks PTO during a month of downtime" thing, the lovely boss thing, the "rah-rahing" of a huge faceless inhuman megacorp, all of it felt real hosed up to be broadcasting in TYOOL 2018.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The impostor syndrome and mental illness are bequeathed to you after you become a dissertator though.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Astroman posted:

It's fine that you SJW types want to talk about representation and the blind Norway actress or whatever, but your callous racism is plainly revealed when I see that nobody here has mentioned that the Frog-Universe was not played by an actual frog!

There are plenty of hardworking frog actors out there so sayng "you can't find one in the UK" in 2018 is gross.

It's insulting that they gave this role to CGI and denied true amphibic representation!

If I were British I would be writing a sternly worded letter to the BBC and demanding a refund of my license fee! :colbert:

:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

:frogout:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mr Beens posted:

My initial thought was Scooby doo not doctor who

Scooby Who

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Brilliant post here.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Vinylshadow posted:

Can we throw Wilf in too?

Doctor Who: The Curse of the Fatal Lemon Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

I liked that for a New Year's special. It didn't lay things on quite as thick as most of the revival Christmas specials, but it had that cheesy, good times feeling.

lol at UNIT being cancelled because of Brexit.

I think it was a good idea to give the Dalek a different voice filter at the begining to make it sound a bit less ridiculous, but to bring back the Nick Briggs classic for the big confrontation. I liked Ryan's dad and the archaeologist characters.

A few complaints: the Dalek threat felt more like a bunch of strung together reverse the polarity moments than a plot. Don't introduce a token gay character and have him killed literally the next sentence. The "I guess we'll have to have a conversation" scene is groan-worthy grandpa fodder and should have been cut.

Overall, though, it was fun.

Sorry, who was gay? Did I miss something?