Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Took me far too long to realise she was still wearing the Capaldi suit. Actually prefer the best up clothing to what she put on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Plus he wasn't wrong about timing. Cmon, I've seen more expensive looking dinner suits!

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Nope.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
So why did the Doctor get all pissy at that guy for kicking Tim off the crane?

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Ryan having daddy issues and Grace getting killed off raised my eyebrows, but it is nice to see such a diverse group getting the spotlight.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
To be fair it's not an inherently bad point - some stories do coincidences much better than others. I'm not fussed about in this case though, as I come from a pretty small area where everyone knew pretty much everyone - by family name if nothing else.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I'm just glad it's presented as a normal group without back patting going on. Bill in the previous series rubbed me up the wrong way slightly for that reason - it was fantastic she was black and gay, but she announced the latter aspect of herself at the most random and weird moments at several points which was kind of jarring.

I'm dying! Thanks for letting me like girls!

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

The_Doctor posted:

Really? When should she have mentioned it?

Mentioning it at apparently random moments wasn't the smoothest way to handle such a character aspect, especially when she already has an on screen romance - that's all I'm saying. :shrug:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Yeah, I'm coming the franchise about halfway through Capaldi's run, so this is all new to me. :shobon:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I only really know Walsh from The Chase, so seeing him act in a half decent way really caught me off guard.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Hey Doc, give everyone your do anything magic wand before lecturing the mortals on defending themselves with laser rifles. :mad:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
That was a custard cream, you savage.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
On a rewatch the "my wife died because of them..." / "mine too!" exchange is really funny to me. It seems to have been delivered in the same way you'd mention a small coincidence, rather than a moment of shared, tangible grief. :v:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Organza Quiz posted:

She did the thing to get the TARDIS back last episode: she tracked its location and built a teleporter to get her there. She probably teleported in time as well to when it was about to appear. This episode was just dealing with the complications arising from that.

I enjoyed it overall, but my complaint is that she pointed out virulent people-eating microorganisms in the water and then spent like 20 minutes repeatedly wondering out loud where all the people went. Isn't that enough of a reason?

SpooooOooOoOOoky bedsheets.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Sure it's all well and good, but she has a tool that can do pretty much anything the plot needs it to do - including detonate explosives. Other people need something to defend themselves from killer robots.

As I said earlier I've only recently come into Who stuff so maybe this is meant to be a deliberately hypocritical stance, but the situations I've seen so far haven't felt particularly substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
The robots ire had been drawn by moving in front of them, though. They were already aggressive and out to kill.

I don't know. I just dislike characters that preach about non-violence and so on when they have magical tools, spells or whatever to get around the limitations the rest of the cast have to deal with.