Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi as a bit of an arachnaphobe

gently caress giant realistic CGI spiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

And I am 100% in favor of President Big's Spider Killing Policy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Doctor "There are living breathing organisms out there, and we're going to treat them with dignity"

Also The Doctor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QiR684csQA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McDragon posted:

Also I love that the Doc can talk to spiders.

She didn't? Outside of the usual Steve Irwin moment of "Aren't you a beauty!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harlock posted:

It's probably too early to be thinking about the future but add me as a person who thinks something is going to happen to Graham by the end of the season, either death or he doesn't remain as a companion.

Yes something is going to happen to Graham at the end of this season

Ryan's gonna call him Granddad :qq:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Ten was a loving psycho

Tenth Doctor "MAKE THE FOUNDATION OF THIS SOCIETY, A MAN WHO NEVER WOULD!"

Also Tenth Doctor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXZnOwW-fA&t=126s

(Best cover screenshot)

Also Tenth Doctor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4xm9NHNUf8&t=113s

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 29, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

navyjack posted:

Maybe I’m seeing her through a sexist lens, and she’s actually just as active as past Doctors, but so far, I’m not loving the writing for her.

I'm still waiting for someone to have a proper crack at 13 referring to companions as 'friends', and the fact Whittaker 'needs' a larger Scooby Doo gang to accompany her.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Z. Autobahn posted:

Isn't a single instant shot to the head a lot more of a humane way to go than slowly suffocating in your own body that's too large for you?

What is more humane? Putting a giant spider that is suffocating to death out of its misery, or permanetly freezing someone in stasis to live for eternity as a scarecrow in a field while still retaining all their mental faculties in a fate worse than death 'I have no mouth but I must scream' scenario?

Only the Doctor knows!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alright ep with probably 1 too many sub-plots, that needed to be tightened up a bit. Maybe scrap Pregnant-Guy just to get move the Ryan/Dad/Graham subplot along.

Hints of Father Octavian in the Med-Doctor who bit it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEvLkd8cySE&t=72s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reminds me of The Witches for some reason

Probably because it is a thing that should not be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Jodie's coat is making me wish I was a lady so I could attempt to pull something like that off.

Do what female cosplayers have been doing for years.
Genderbent cosplay.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Best companion is Graham

Fight me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Had the potential for some body horror in converting employees into Kablam men, ala Cybermen, but that'd probably have been to on the nose.

The twist and ending felt a bit weak.
Super weird the Doctor didn't hold The System accountable for straight up murdering her.
(Could have easily shown the explosion, and teleported her out at the last second making him think he's blown her up)

Jerusalem posted:

Doctor: You're in the future and we don't need you to sell us anything.
Twirly: ....the future is confusing.

:haw:

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rochallor posted:

This episode was morally repugnant. That moon should have been on loving fire by the end of the episode.

Did that already sorry

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired: Megacorp nonsense theatre
Wired: Portal meets Doctor Who

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me whenever Graham was on screen this episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me whenever King James spoke about Witches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E&t=52s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This really felt like the weakest first season out of all the new Doctor's and it really didn't help it's only 10 episodes, as opposed to the 'usual' 12-13. (And this includes Blowjob Tile in Season 2)

I really really liked a few of the episodes (1, 9 and 10 are standouts for me), but a lot of them felt... pandering in a way.
Also felt like the Doctor is a little less 'switched on' about things. Not a lot of speeches or clever solutions that you normally see. Less gravitas?

Don't get me wrong I adore Jodie as the Doctor, and think Broadchurch is a brilliant bit of tellie, but I feel like they need to get their act together a bit otherwise she's going to be super underutilised like 10 was.
Hopefully the next season settles things down a bit. Don't know which muppet decided 2020, but they deserve an uppercut.

Graham continues to be outright Best 13 Companion thus far, glad he got a resolution to the Grace saga and he got his Granddad moment.
Other 2 not bringing much to the table, other than being talking heads to play off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like the first episode had me super super pumped for potential steampunk/maker/welder/Mrs Fix-it/mad-scientest goggles wearing Doctor, but then :flaccid:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

It's definitely a writing flaw rather than a problem with Jodie, though

This was always my problem with 10.

Tennant was great, just lovely lovely writing for like half his eps.
I hope Jodie doesn't suffer the same fate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murder Ryan and Yaz offscreen, and just have the Doctor+Graham for all of next season.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Adventures of Granddad and Grandma

"Hang on a minute Doc, I'm a might peckish"
*Pulls out pocket sandwich*
"Good idea Graham, I could use a break myself"
*Pulls out pocket jellybabies*
*The Doctor winks knowingly at the camera*

Writes itself really

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BSam posted:

Shame it's all been downhill since then.

Remember that time the Doctor tried to kill The Natives with a rock?

Good times.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tim Shaw, you mean off brand Darth Vader?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just dropping in to say that everyone mentioning Donna as best companion are good people.

Forever bummed she was forced to forget everything :(

Love that her and David teamed up again on Duck tales though :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now I'm sad that John Hurt is dead, and we'll never get another potential War Doctor appearance :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently Australia is beating the UK to the punch this year, and the new ep airs in about 3 hours on the ABC.

It might be up here later on, but I'm not too sure as I usually just :filez: a good quality copy when I get home from work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whelp I saw Jan 2 and assumed that was today.

Tells you how good last night was for me