Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is the episode not viewable on BBC America until the next day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Imo get rid of Ryan and Yaz and just give Graham more lines. Hes the only interesting one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's not so far fetched that a proud boy in the future with access to time travel whose first response would be to change history

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Very disappointing not-Trump didnt get eaten by a spider.

Also I feel like this felt the most Doctor Whoish of all the episodes. Doesnt mean the others were bad , just that I think all of the transition is hopefully over with and Jodie can hit her stride.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's probably too early to be thinking about the future but add me as a person who thinks something is going to happen to Graham by the end of the season, either death or he doesn't remain as a companion.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It is entirely possible that 13's characterization is someone who is socially awkward or perhaps doesn't have all the answers. It could be a different take over past versions of an omnipotent Doctor

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Episode was alright.

Slight thing I do miss is book ending the episodes in the Tardis. Feels like the episodes end too abruptly. I dont think every episode needs to begin in the heart of the action either.

Just a small personal thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The show keeps teasing us with off screen adventures that sound generally better than the on screen ones.

Give me my laser death turtles.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Confirmed in Doctor Who magazine that theres no Christmas special in Whoville.

Just the new years day special instead!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This feels weird to say but I dont even know if the Daleks would even mesh with the atmosphere and tone of this Doctor.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Good episode. Thought the plotting was a bit tighter which helped a lot.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"I'm 330 years old!"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Graham is too pure for this world

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

To me there really hasn't been a 'bad' episode yet. I thought Demons of the Punjab was very good and likely the best of the season. It hit all those emotional notes that I've come to expect.

My least favorite episode is probably the premiere. I felt it was a bit scattered in the way that new Doctor stories are and the characters hadn't come into their own yet so it's not like the performances could rise above a so-so plot.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Despite enjoying no season long arc or anticipation of a big bad climax fight, I do hope the finale has a bit more weight or impact on the Doctor than these transient stories.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Graham :unsmith:

Lots of debate on if this season is good or not, but I call it a win since I'm watching Doctor Who weekly again instead of giving up on the show.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Every season is the worst all the show runners are bad this doctor stinks bring back my [insert doctor name here]

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My forever dream is that Eccelston will come back someday in one format or another just to play The Doctor one more time

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nothing against Jenna Coleman but Clara the character made the show pretty unwatchable towards the end of her run. She might be my least favorite companion of the revival unless I can throw River Song in too.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ryan's dad has had more character work in one New Year's Special than a whole season of Yaz.

Fun episode. The big baddie was actually kind of scary and threatening which they havent been in a long time. Shame about the Stormtrooper aim though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SimplyCosmic posted:

I love the new vortex effect because I imagine every light wizzing by as a single event in time they can fall into at any moment.

It feels really violent to me the way it's all moving. It's almost kind of unsettling.