Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Well that was something. Never seen a Castlevania game sporting the Ninja Gaiden Enemy Respawn problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
That cutscene before the Alucard fight is like a reversal of the Maria battle in the Saturn/PSP versions of SOTN. I guess that's cool?

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I couldn't really comment on this game without going over all the spoilery stuff everyone else was already avoiding, but suffice to say I agree with everyone else here on the various matters. Having the first female Belmont character's major contribution to the whole story being reduced to makin' babies is really disgusting.

...It literally just said "she had a kid, he grows up to fight drac later"...? She was gonna have a kid eventually anyways. Did the other ending say she didn't?

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Magil of Shadow posted:

The 'bad' ending actually makes more of a deal about Sonia defeating Dracula, and says 'anyone who knows the truth is long since gone' in regards to the events, aside from her being hailed as a hero.

So yeah, it's easy to get why the 'good' ending is such trash.

These honestly don't feel like "good" or "bad" endings at all. One requires more effort, but neither is bittersweet or anything.

• Locked thread