Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Saw the Brewers scored a single run and came to see how many fatalistic Cubs fans declared game over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Schwarber's kink is getting called out on strikes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gimme a gif of the Brewers fan in the background doing a comical strikeout call

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was a little surprised at pulling Q early, but I think I'm fine with it. I'll take 5 innings with 1 run and not push my luck, especially considering the Brewers got some good swings in on him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If we're going to lose I hope Yelich at least hits a dong

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bird in a Blender posted:

Chavez is probably the only guy burned for tomorrow. Cishek barely pitched.

No! You gotta melt down about a manager using relievers in a game to decide the division

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Willing to believe Kintzler wasn't in on that pitchout. Just call a fastball

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

beejay posted:

Things that baseball teams definitely do: Fire their manager after these 4 seasons:

97-65 3rd div lost NLCS
103-58 1st div won World Series
92-70 1st div lost NLCS
95-67 2nd div made playoffs

Entitlement really set in quick among Cubs fans. I don't even think firing Joe would be a bad idea but to be despondent about a season like this is pretty funny, considering the team history

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Cubs lost a game to a good team, my life is over

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tfw the window is shut

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

Almost every young player hilariously regressed or beat their wife and one of their only good hitters this season is 37.

This isn't fair - Russell regressed too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

It's not even doom and gloom. The Cubs have literally had one of the worst offenses in baseball in the 2nd half. I mean maybe Lester pitches a gem and they win tomorrow but does anyone think they're going far with such a terrible offense that can't hit for power anymore?

Yeah, I get being fatalistic. I was already down on our odds when Morrow went down, and the prolonged offensive swoon + Strop injury pretty much sealed it that we'd have to get pretty lucky to make noise in the playoffs.

But I dunno, baseball is a wacky game and sometimes things break the right way. I'd rather hope for that while knowing that changes eventually need to be made to give the team a better chance at maximizing its potential in the future

• Locked thread