Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So I started re-reading Hellblazer and kinda really liked Jamie Delano's stuff, then just finally hit Dangerous Habits and I'm like, nope, Ennis is the master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spider-Ham confirmed for Spiderverse film.

https://twitter.com/Sony/status/1047111124288770049

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm doing a Hellblazer readthrough again and I just realized Chas came up with Ubereats/Caviar 27 years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/StephenWacker/status/1048282991879831552

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I always assumed The Smiler was based off JFK (if JFK was evil, he is the one who started the Vietnam war), and then we all saw reflections of him in everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Does Marvel even have 666 villains? Like to hit that number you'd have to go for some ridiculously deep cuts plus deep cuts from other universes plus a bunch of randomly evil versions of heroes. I imagine eventually writers would just be going... "ummm... how about another Dr. Doom... only he's from Earth 1000... his deal is that his cape is orange?"

I would assume the first half of the storyline would be Spidey just wiping the floor with like 85% of them and then being tired and worn out and having to face the one's people actually give a poo poo about. But there's easily 666 villains.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'd read a miniseries where every panel was Spider-man beating up a different bad guy every panel, honestly.

Spidey facing 30 different Green Goblin knock-offs before fighting Norman Osborne has to be an actual comic that exists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Now I'm trying to think of all the Green Goblin knockoffs. Hobgoblin obviously, Jack O'Lantern, Demogoblin, that one Green Goblin that was actually a good guy (seriously who does that? I'm not going to fight crime running around calling myself "Charles Manson"), Hemoglobin. I think I'm missing at least one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

pubic works project posted:

The Goblin Knight was one. And wasn't Harry's gf during the American Son story-arc a Goblin of some sort?

I'm not sure if I'm happy or annoyed you either missed or ignored my joke goblin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I caught it the name, but I'm exhausted today so I totally took it as something serious. I mean poo poo...it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel really had a dude named Hemoglobin.

It's from an alternate universe where the Carnage suit possesses Norman Osborne.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My terrible pun joke character actually exists and was a vampire that gave people AIDS. Jesus wept.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gavok posted:

Also Carnage Norman Osborn just happened a few months ago.

Wait, seriously? I'm obviously not psychic because all I'm predicting is poo poo that already happened, but if anyone is still in college and has a history quiz feel free to HMU.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Which Batman villain do I need to contact to make the city council pay for this travesty.

https://twitter.com/CBS6/status/1049865965524135936

Wouldn't ordinary vandalism and trespassing laws cover kids smashing jack o' lanterns?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

She doesn’t look like Zatanna anymore, but his wife is super nice. Hoping to see them again around Thanksgiving.

She probably looks like Zatanna if comic book characters were allowed to age.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't have pm's so I can't tell XO directly, and I don't want to screw up the new thread, but yelling "gently caress off Nazi" is a proven tactic to get Nazis to gently caress off.

https://twitter.com/splinter_news/status/1051975490314166272

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status/1053449353522827269

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alvarez IV posted:

Shaving my head, borrowing a wheelchair, and puttering around all day in a sweater and tie while pretending to be able to read minds.

That works really well because people will either say you're right or deny it in such a way that people will think you're right. Or they'll just tell you to gently caress off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Anybody know what this is from?
https://twitter.com/devilintime/status/1055614732936323072

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leaving this here because I imagine some of you are Brooklyn 99 fans as well as comic fans.

https://twitter.com/iamstephbeatz/status/924513299730800640

Kinda wish there was a cosplay/costume thread, but I imagine it would get creepy fast.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/dysart_james/status/1057442059064233984

I don't even know where to start with this. I can't think of a better example of someone pretending to care about comics they've never read.1) The Order is a comic where Dr. Strange and the rest of the original Defenders decide the best way to Defend Earth is to conquer it, (basically an early version of Marvel's Illuminati) AKA, they already evil. 2) How many times has Dr. Strange made deals with evil beings over the years? There are multidimensional Lovecraftian horrors that don't have enough fingers or other appendages to count the number of times that happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Wow I can't believe Dr. Stange is a ~~Satanist~~! He typically sticks to good Christian elder gods like Hoggoth and Cyttorak when channeling spells!

I can't decide if it's weird or absolutely fitting that Crimson Bands of Cyttorak is a binding spell, and Juggernaut gets his unstoppable powers also from Cyttorak

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

This gently caress has been going around starting poo poo with all sorts of creators. He claims JMS, Bendis, and various others ripped off Sins Past, House of M, and Miles Morales from his lovely fanfic he emailed somebody at Marvel about Peter getting stuck in an alternate reality where there are no heroes, marrying Gwen, and having a kid. Somehow Erik Larsen is involved too, and is a babykilling pedophile who loves the terrorist Obama. He's either trolling, completely off his gourd, or both.

E: Also, he should not be confused with Joshua Dysart, who as far as I'm aware is cool and not crazy.

Oh, it's like that woman who claimed both the Terminator films and the Matrix films were ripped off something she wrote in the 80's (which is ridiculous, they were ripped off from stuff Harlan Ellison wrote in the 70's).

Stephen Frye has a story about being with JK Rowling at a signing appearance for like the 5th book or something (he did all the audiobooks) and people would try and hand her their stories and there was someone there who's entire job was to physically intercept them before Rowling could touch them just to avoid this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Which is kind of funny because Rowling totally ripped off Books of Magic :smuggo:

There's like a bazillion stories about a young kid finding out they have magic powers, and they don't really share any plot beats. Neil Gaiman says she wasn't ripping him off and I think it's unlikely a single mother in the mid 90's was spending much time in comic book stores.

• Locked thread