Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Thug Rose has a conservative mom.

I remember that was actually a topic that had people going, "Oh man, I can't like her anymore!?"

I do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I, too, wish Cassius Clay would just shut up and fight.

To clarify: i don’t mean to compare a bunch of brain damaged protofacists to Ali, but did want to make the point that sports - including combat sports - are contested in a political context.

JHomer722 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 30, 2018

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Neurosis posted:

Thanks for the update, I come to the UFC thread for political news.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Can we please have political stance breakdowns in future gameday thread posts under each fighter so I know how it needs to influence my fight picks

I don't want to make bad choices in this bold new world

Its probably just safe to assume that every fighter is a MAGA chud, and then stop caring about their politics unless they get obnoxious about it. If you learn that a fighter has not-terrible political opinions, just look at it as a pleasant surprise.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Cmon guys let’s get back to this threads bread and butter, uh talking more about ozdemir

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Has ben askren ever fought someone in like the top 20

mewse
May 2, 2006

I absolutely refuse to watch the fights from last weekend so can someone give me a 1 sentence summary of how bad Artem Lobov was (again, NOT going to watch the fights)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Doug Lima was probably a top 20 WW

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Dangersim posted:

He pretty easily beat Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov, but idk how you can really measure either of those guys to top UFC fighters. I guess at worst he's as good as Rory.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i would like for mousasi to come back to ufc and fight for the title. thank you

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

mewse posted:

I absolutely refuse to watch the fights from last weekend so can someone give me a 1 sentence summary of how bad Artem Lobov was (again, NOT going to watch the fights)

artem's own coach posted:

"So does Artem deserve to be in the UFC based on his own merits? Should he be cut after another loss? Well firstly, if losses against high level opposition were the only criteria for being cut then you’d be quickly left with just [two] in each weight class,” Kavanagh wrote on Facebook. “Sounds obvious but on every fight card HALF the fighters lose. Cut them all?”

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC November: No politics, just rest

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smith being on a 3 fight run over (albeit the aging) Rashad Evans, Mauricio Rua, and (the somewhat one-dimensional) Volkan is kinda cool when you realize this guy has only had 9 fights in the UFC and is 7-2 overall.

Hope he keeps doing well and possibly gets to be the champion due to another Jon Jones fuckup.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kensei posted:

UFC November: No politics, just rest

UFC November: No politics, just Sage's Polydick

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
black beast nailed the free throw, great form

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
it's hosed up that t ferg is not gonna get to fight the champ after what a twelve fight win streak? Wonder what's next for Khabib after he strangles gsp

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

it's hosed up that t ferg is not gonna get to fight the champ after what a twelve fight win streak? Wonder what's next for Khabib after he strangles gsp

Some funky guy with an 18 fight win streak.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ah yes the “it’s mathematically impossible for everyone to be winners” argument. I see kavanaugh’s engineering degree is paying off

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1057084566446526464

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Skip My Posts posted:

i would like for mousasi to come back to ufc and fight for the title. thank you

It's that one time a year we agree!

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Mousasi kicks rear end

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1057100056170520576

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Weidman is gonna go 0-3 vs Strikeforce champs

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

restrained by citizens lol

if this was jon jones he wouldve run someone down then loped off into the mojave with his weed. more proof that bones is the GOAT

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

These citizens should get contracts Bonner is a big man

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

you're just going about it the wrong way. know your audience: you shouldn't say "bolsanaro is a horrific fascist who will cause immense pain and anguish on the poor and vulnerable of brazil, specifically LGBT folks", you should say "sage northcutt is now at risk if he fights in brazil"

heh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What the gently caress I'm gonna be out of town and not able to watch this. Goddammit :mad:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

One of those fights definitely isn't going to happen. I wouldn't bet on either one.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gay Horney posted:

Doug Lima was probably a top 20 WW

Who's Doug Ligma?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpiv6o1AWhl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qhqyfgoezry0

mewse
May 2, 2006

http://apihtawikosisan.com/hall-of-shame/an-open-letter-to-non-natives-in-headdresses/

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

mike perry is powerfully dumb and supremely terrible

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lid posted:

These citizens should get contracts Bonner is a big man

The CME dudes were saying someone pulled their gun and held it on him until the police showed up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Memento posted:

The CME dudes were saying someone pulled their gun and held it on him until the police showed up.

Once again proving that Bonnar can’t defend himself from a shot

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

mike perry is powerfully dumb and supremely terrible

Pretty wild that folx are still otherizing American natives in 2018🙃😑😡

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mike Perry is in fact 1/1024th Native American, so he gets a pass.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I remember when Askren smothered Dan Hornbuckle and someone (fatherdog maybe?) dubbed him "The Human Smallpox Blanket."

Good times.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

lmao

(i am laughing at mike perry, not with him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I had a dream I rolled against Khabib.

• Locked thread