Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I went to some random local MMA show with kensei and digitalmocking a couple years ago, and it was a blast. The highlight was some freckle-faced kid making his amateur debut. I assume he was 18, but he looked about 14.

He looked terrified as soon as the bell rang and the other guy charged him, like "WHY THE gently caress WOULD ANYBODY AGREE TO THIS?", but in the second round he collected himself, rocked the other guy and wailed on him for a TKO. It was loving dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have you checked up on his record since then? It'd be interesting to see if his record is online and if he continued fighting and how that went.

I haven't, but yeah, that'd be neat to see. I'll try to find that card and look into him.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Shawn Michaels was doing that 30 years ago.

And he's coming out of retirement to do it some more.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Rigel posted:

On a related note, I recently went back to watch some old fights on fightpass and saw that the walkout music, even iconic walkout music from their past stars, have all been changed to generic non-copyright poo poo. I really wish the UFC would shell out the few dollars or whatever they needed to pay to keep them unedited. :smith:

WWE does that too. The Undertaker used Johnny Cash's cover of Ain't No Grave for a bit, but in replays it's dubbed over with his generic funeral poo poo. As an aside, he still wrestles and it's sad.

Shine fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 22, 2018

• Locked thread