Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

wandler20 posted:

I'm a casual MMA observer and I had no idea this fight was this weekend until I stumbled upon ESPN.com this morning. Is this fight going to be any good?

It will be a hell of a spectacle if it actually happens.

A friend's wife planned a big BBQ for tomorrow months ago, and so many people have asked them about this PPV they are going to set up a projector and sound system so we can watch it at their place. It should be about 40 people screaming at the fights while the other 40 just laugh, kinda like a BWW but with better food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

is there no GDT yet? cmon people, this is a big one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870818

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

God that card ruled.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I cannot decide if this should be the pic for Khabib in the Nov thread or my avatar

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

For those looking for the UFC 229 thread, I moved it to the goldmine because I wanted that glorious trainwreck and your realtime reactions to it to be preserved forever. I just wish I'd done the same for the UFC April thread, when Conor attacked the bus and then we had all that crazy weigh-in nonsense happen.

:toot:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I hope Khabib appeals whatever because he and Tony both seemed to come out of last night okay and I need to see that fight soon.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I lost track of how many times I saw Conor grab the fence with his toes or his hands, Khabib's gloves or shorts. Anyone have a count?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Holy poo poo thank you friend.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ESPN posted:

Nurmagomedov publicly apologized to the commission Saturday. He is facing a possible fine and suspension. White said Saturday if Nurmagomedov is out for an extended amount of time, the UFC would consider stripping him of his title.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Like DC would not accept this fight. I can't imagine how angry Stipe must be.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BouZw2_n-L6/

:lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

That�s Brett Rogers lol

Ahem, Brett Rogers was a tire salesman, and he almost beat Fedor.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Yeah, but after that...:psyduck:

I know, I know. Hey you should come over for a PPV again soon.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

When I went to a ufc with goons this couple was scooting into their seats in front of us when a really nice ko happened and everyone was mad that they missed it but like i saw it through a gap between people or something but didnt have the heart to tell anyone so i just pretended i was mad too

5/5 would attend again

:lol: you suck! It was fun to see the resurgence of Matt Brown if that was the Diaz/Henderson card we went to.

Shine posted:

I went to some random local MMA show with kensei and digitalmocking a couple years ago, and it was a blast. The highlight was some freckle-faced kid making his amateur debut. I assume he was 18, but he looked about 14.

He looked terrified as soon as the bell rang and the other guy charged him, like "WHY THE gently caress WOULD ANYBODY AGREE TO THIS?", but in the second round he collected himself, rocked the other guy and wailed on him for a TKO. It was loving dope.

That was a lot of fun. IIRC, we got on TV at that show too!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

it's kind of wild how perfect that ufc ppv was. nobody missed weight, the fights were all incredible and everything lived up to the highest expectations we had.

The next few are obviously cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC November: No politics, just rest

• Locked thread