Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Also anyone who has a good quality Pro Posting Championships image please post it as I want to put it on the championship plaque.

i made a new one and it's not quite right but here you go anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe cormier was too but theres no evidence to suggest he was

i mean, maybe, but this is a really bad line of thinking considering he's never pissed hot as far as we know, which makes me think nah

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

BlindSite posted:

The quality of card Bellator puts together still isn't on par - despite protestations in this thread the last two or three ppvs have been really loving good.

Wasn't there a guy with a 0-0-0 record on the ppv card last weekend?

Like, yeah bellator has made huge strides but it's still lacking talent

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"I'm just here because I have to be here. They took my belt, they took a bunch of zeroes from my paycheck how do you think I fuckin' feel"

Not that he's wrong but poo poo like this is what makes it tough to get hyped for fights

Edit: That was an ugly tony quote from the video posted above - he comes across as a huge baby and is going all tough guy on a bunch of journalists

yeah i watched that video and him getting all lovely that these guys are doing their jobs and literally helping him promote himself and make more money is a bad look

like come on you dork, just chill out and enjoy some time off from doing your weird backyard dojo poo poo for 20 minutes

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol that interview is insane

At one point he's talking about how realizing his plants needed more than water made him a better supplement taker

i was legit hoping he was going to start talking about how sunlight makes him a better fighter like superman

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Cyber Dog posted:

you're all wrong. we need more of this press conference from him.

"This is a rat race. But I'm no rat. I'm a turtle. A ninja turtle."

nah all the crazy poo poo like that was great prime A+ tony but a few times he was like, "you're just there with your cameras asking me questions blah blah blah i should be asking YOU the questions"

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Goodpart posted:

I love that one one of the two guys they've got on the books isn't permitted to wear gold

Lol he asked and just kinda had a look

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Khabib leaving g was probably better for the conference overall but man chill out crowd

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Balthesar posted:

Skip My Posts is a tedious and combative poster. He constantly snipes at people who are usually trying to have actual discourse. His obsession with the extremely tired IT Professional jokes is a separate issue.

nah he's pretty funny

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

willie_dee posted:

He is, and I say this as someone who is often the target of his mean spirited jokes.

also lol @ he's combative in a thread where we all enjoy people who yell obscenities and punch dudes in the face as hard as they can

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

CommonShore posted:

This derail is stupid.

What type of IT training do you guys think that Conor has? Web design? Tech support? Database admin?

definitely wouldn't survive on the help desk

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Khabib has fought rangy south paws. McGregor has never fought anyone like Khabib. There’s nothing special about McGregor’s striking. There is with Khabib’s grappling, though.

are you for real?

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
If Conor wins we'll get beebs vs Pettis/Tony before his next fight. If Conor loses, there will be an immediate rematch

The UFC has shown time and time again they want certain people to be champa and they get rematches they don't deserve because of that

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Holy poo poo

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Is Lewis like actually healthy?

He says he's drastically changed his diet and training. Supposedly before he would hit the gym a couple times a week, now he says he's full time. He appears to have lost a lot of weight and has packed on more muscle.

He also says he just got a steroid shot in his back a couple weeks back and should be good.

I'm a big fan of Lewis and I don't think his fight will look like the last one no matter what happens.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

handsome only face posted:

it owns that you only have to get a work ethic in the heavyweight division once you're like top 5

In that same interview, someone asked him if he was a professional fighter now

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I was in a house full of casuals and I got a lot of dirty looks when I was yelling HE MADE HIM QUIT HE loving QUIT

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Oh poo poo is that who he was looking at? I made a few comments that he keeps looking at someone

Man Conor got mauled it was awesome and anyone talking about a rematch is out of their mind

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Conor threw an illegal knee, constantly had toes in the cage, and held gloves. He cheated consistently and herb let him

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Lewis needs to train for a while. If he's to be believed he trains for an hour a day and is the first to admit he has 0 cardio. In his post fight he said he wasn't ready for championship caliber fights even though he's #2

As much as I loooooove Derrick Lewis, it's loving insane a guy with as little technical ability as he has is ranked that highly

Heavyweight is sad as gently caress

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The beginning of this clip is one of those looks to the side that Khabib kept doing. It looks like he's looking at someone talking poo poo from Conor's corner.

That happened repeatedly. He'd look over with a very wtf look on his face. I was wondering if it was rockhold doing something weird with his hands ringside

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
What was fergs walkout music last night??

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

handsome only face posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLhzEGo4y8
same as all his fights as far as i can remember, produced by Pretty Tony

Tyvm!

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Cyber Dog posted:

Just a reminder that Tony Ferguson did this, just to show Pettis

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/1049017346080354306

he did it twice

it was so cool

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

what battle does he think he won? he had the ever loving poo poo beaten out of him and then his teammate got jumped, literally his entire corner was made to look like fools

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
lol this is like ww1 with conor having a pact with artem and being forced to go to war, and in losing he's like, "well, at least you're hosed worse"

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
did anyone post the video of khabib screaming at conor to TALK TALK NOW while punching him in the face? that was just so loving satisfying omg

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Redundant posted:

They did and it's pretty great.

ty i'm just going to put this on repeat and ride out the rest of my day at my it job

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
conor's got an easy out for promotion, "aye e rassled me like a fookin' poosy, he nu dat dis leff han hiss like a mega ton bum and wanded NO pat of it"

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
why doesn't he just stand up???

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

He got beat up on the feet too, though.

lol yeah but do you think he's going to give a poo poo

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Could he not just walk over to the judges when the rounds over and tell them -1? Why does the fight have to be stopped to take a point? Is that a rule?

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Or poo poo just say it as it's happening

"Do it again and you lose a point. Okay, that's a point!"

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Black beast straight said he wasn't ready to fight a champ and now he might be fighting a killer of a champ in a few weeks after getting lit the gently caress up for 3 rounds

He'll loving do it, just watch. Them Houston boys in this ho

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I mean he's about to get knocked out in November in a heavyweight fight, he's not gonna be defending that lhw belt any time soon

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Also Conor would be pissy for decades if Khabib was the one L he never even got the chance to avenge

Which is probably the only reason I want Dana to have the balls for once to say no to a big name

can you imagine the mental gymnastics conor would do to talk poo poo about him if he left

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont know the guy personally but hes mostly had nothing but respect for people hes fought whether he beats them or loses to them

Chris James 2 posted:

He's been pretty openly wanting a rematch for a while. This is from a little over a month ago https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1034594123418939392

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

whats that got to do with respect. he just wants to fight him again

saying gently caress you is pretty disrespectful where i come from!

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
you're so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I'd 100% meet up with lobstermobster to watch fights but the distances are too great for me.

I'm actually curious as to how she manages to travel for as many cards as she does! I think she sees more live MMA than anyone else in Rotten Ringsports.

the only live mma i've seen is in gyms i've never been to an actual fight

• Locked thread