Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

LobsterMobster posted:

she's down with the rapist

It looks like she's had that tattoo covered up and was cornered by Almeida and Mark Henry in her last fight so better late than never in terms of leaving Lloyd Irvin I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If it’s Mike Goldberg saying it, then it’s not how her name is supposed to sound

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It’s trending towards 69 million buys.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You probably shouldn't be allowed to keep cutting weight if you're drained to the point where putting your sports bra and panties back on and then standing still is too hard for you.

Of course, that'd also mean going up to Cyborgweight where you fight Cyborg and then get cut and no longer have any semblance of a career so I guess there's no good solution here.

For what it's worth she was interviewed shortly after the weigh in and said she was feeling better and would be fine tomorrow, although she wouldn't likely admit that she was in bad shape a day before a fight anyway. She's pretty buff and has always struggled to make this weight. I think she's in a weird spot where she's too big for 135 but too small for 145, but has to persist with cutting to bantamweight because there's just nothing there at featherweight.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/aspen-ladd-ufc-229-weight-cut-sure-as-heck-wasnt-fun

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
manyak is still alive, but he couldn't show his face again after his sweet rear end was hosed.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

neonburzt posted:

Is there anything that this man will not say? I watched the post fight presser and he actually swored on his daughter’s life that he was disappointed at how the event ended.

I sure hope that he meant all that and we don’t end up seeing a clip of the brawl being used in a promo in six months time.

Don't bet on it. A reporter asked Dana if they regretted using the bus attack to promote this fight and he said they didn't and would do it again. Somebody else pressed if the UFC held some responsibility in this for not punishing Conor for his actions at all, creating a situation where you can do whatever you want if it draws more eyes to the product. He said no, and that if they suspended Conor it wouldn't have eased the tensions between the camps at all.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

cisneros posted:

I recall some guy tried the same roll and got sparked, who was that?

Jordan Mein maybe? He did a roll to dodge away from getting backed into the cage against Thiago Alves and then got TKO'd with a body kick like 20 seconds later.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's official. For the World Superfighter Division Championship.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bop0Qz_Ha2p/?taken-by=natediaz209

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
From a sporting standpoint there's really no reason to give Conor a rematch, it was a comprehensive victory for Khabib. It's not like the Diaz fight where you've got stuff like it was short notice, at welterweight, Conor was winning until he got tired, etc. "He did a flying WWE stomp to one of my friends after dominating and submitting me" isn't really the same. But then you're in the situation where it costs so much money to get Conor to fight that every time he does it has to be a blockbuster title fight PPV main event to make it worth the investment. So you can't go and do Conor vs. Beneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night: Gdansk or something.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Soothing Vapors posted:

also wasn't Val/Some TUF Girl going to headline 230?

It's signed for the event but they've probably been listening to the groaning about how that's not a great headliner so they're still looking for something else, even though they've got the World Superfighter Division Championship fight sitting right there

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I mean Lewis isn't being given much of a chance, and rightly so, to win the heavyweight title but the guy is 9-1 over the past 3 years and Stipe just got knocked out.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They're gonna rue the day that they hosed over 3-2 fighter Sijara Eubanks.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Poirier caught a case of being scared and dropped out of the superfighter division fight with Nate

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Masvidal is offering, and I'm sure he's not the last.

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/status/1049841656835579909

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

for some reason i think raging al might sleep kevin lee

Al outboxed Lee pretty badly in their first fight and dropped him a few times in the first round. That was four years ago though and Lee's fought a lot and improved since then.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CRISPYBABY posted:

He beat Mark Hunt and absorbed his fat and tired legacy

Mark Hunt is actually the one man in the last three years that beat Derrick Lewis.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I saw Randy Couture get retired by a Steven Seagal kick and Mark Hominick turn into an alien, it was fun.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

ortega has popped?

It was pre-USADA. He was suspended for nine months in 2014 for drostanolone.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Brendan Schaub said he was going to show his dick if Conor didn’t make the distance against Floyd, and I don’t think he ever delivered

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mackenzie Dern did win her last fight in two and a half minutes with a knockdown punch into rear naked choke, so coming in 7 lbs over gets results.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mike Goldberg has watched 300 million mma fights and the only thing he’s ever learned is “ah, the teep.”

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Goldberg blew his dream job of being an NFL commentator by melting down at some people trolling him on Twitter for getting the names of the players wrong

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Htp4K0FuvA

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I’ve mentioned it before but one of my favorite Rogan weirdness bits was when a referee actually deducted a point for an eye poke on some fight pass thing and Joe went nuts and was talking about it not being fair because it was an accident and such. One of those times where he demands that Marc Ratner come on and agree with him about a ruling. Then in the very next fight a guy suffers an eye poke and Joe remarks that eye poking is a huge problem in the sport and you don’t really know how to stop it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

JaySB posted:

drat, Twitter de-verified Mighty Mouse's handle:
https://twitter.com/Mighty1Gaming

He changed his username from MightyMouseUFC which caused him to lose verification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Artem apparently told Johnson that he would give the money back to him as thanks for taking the short notice fight.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1055834442575552514

• Locked thread