Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Barboza and Iaquinta were both throwing at Khabib up til the final round. A lot of those shots landed and Khabib weeble wobbled forward anyway. Iaquinta hit some of his hardest shots in the last round and Khabib looked tired. Every round starts on the feet. Khabib is gonna keep Conor in this fight if for no other reason than to beat him up. Khabib half-assed the takedown once he felt like he was winning the standup. I think this main event isn't gonna be over til it's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mekchu posted:

I don't know what's funnier. The fact they have a dumb name like "Khabib's Army" or that they all look like a Dota 2 player would be able to beat them up in a fight.

I just want an Allahu Akbar t shirt

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

Just in case anyone is worried about the UFC...we made it. We are an official sport. Amazon says so -

https://www.amazon.com/vanheusen/re...d_i=17942585011

finding the two blondest, bluest eyes fighters to use for your promo and making them kick each other despite the wildly different weight classes is ballsy as hell in 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there for real no countdown for this ppv

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Lid posted:

Scott Coker has reached a point where respect for Dana is so low and the UFC product is so bad he can now comfortably dunk on him and UFC while hyping Bellator and people are agreeing with Coker. This was unthinkable only a few short years ago.

What specifically is none of his business tho

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
:toxx:bet that Schaub is full of poo poo on this if anybody wants to take it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
he looks like a cartoon rodent

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
here's 15 posts in a row about how your opinion as a fan doesn't matter because their value number is allegedly higher

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://youtu.be/tbZnL6-7dRM
Tony the Uglier is ornery as gently caress

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Best Friends posted:

Joanna says the fight fell apart due to UFC trying to move the date up a month on short notice

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/joanna-jedrzejczyk-angry-and-title-fight-scratch-valentina-shevchenko-ufc-231

Valentina is going to fight someone who's in actual danger in the cage against her instead of one of the most dominant champs in the sport. The reason for this is because November is marginally more convenient than December for the UFC. exhibit 420 of why should I care about this sport or its belts at all

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Hey guys quick question when you hit mitts are you supposed to throw one strike at a time and go AHHHH and then reset to throw another jab?

who is this blob man selling me ugly ufc themed jewelry

Somebody let Volkov know
https://youtu.be/XGTzB8XMmcc

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Connor MacGregor, late to a press conference!?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'd imagine the odds moving toward mcgregor after this

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
nate Diaz is a fuckin genius. Dana white can't go fifteen minutes without someone asking why the 165 lb belt doesn't exist and Dana doesn't have poo poo for an answer.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I really can't stand mma media. Constantly going "gosh aren't you disappointed" "well what happens if this goes wrong" "does Tony Ferguson make you sad" their questions are pessimistic and dumb as hell

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Khabib has fought rangy south paws. McGregor has never fought anyone like Khabib. There’s nothing special about McGregor’s striking. There is with Khabib’s grappling, though.

There's nothing special about the guy who knocked out aldo and Alvarez like it was child's play? Alvarez still hasn't been knocked out since or really made to look like that at all and he's been in hell wars. I'm far from a Conor dick rider but this is revisonist

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am one of the Asian Yale finance nerds that you disparaged in a previous post except I'm white and went to a state university

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Anyone want to Toxx bet for a ban?

I think Conor will win.
Who wants to take Khabib?

:toxx:

khabib is now fighting for Dagestan, AKA, Islam in general, and the purity of our forums

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I hope Derrick back is fixed

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
when you go into cage, you heff to control your emotional

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
don't hate on Khabib for being who he is. he's from a truly awful part of the world where everyone is inexplicably very proud of where they are from. in the culture he is raised it in it would be almost impossible to not be a Muslim nationalist hanging out with other Muslim nationalists.

After Conor put up that picture with Putin, Khabib put one up with a cardboard cutout and it was very funny

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
they are both extremely ugly Tonys

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Grey Maynard had to take that fight because the money they could have paid him went to funding a documentary about Donald Trump in Combat Sports but let's not talk about politics

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If Conor did this everyone would be praising him as a warrior who defends his friends.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Holy poo poo Derrick Lewises comeback. He's doing the fox desk with Xmen glasses instead of being at the hospital

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mekchu posted:

What are X-Men glasses?

The handsome fucker. I keep wanting to say cyborg but that's not right

Edit--the one with the loving glasses

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Khabib is the greatest of all time btw

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mekchu posted:

Cyclops?

Yep! Khabib needs to fight Tony

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Ahem:
Conor McGregor Was Never Any Good

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
We have to arrest and strip Khabib, he might attack a bus and hurt a bunch of people

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
could you imagine Brian Ortega beating max and coming up in weight, undefeated champ vs undefeated champ superfight?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It just occurred to me that we saw Conor jump over the octagon and try to fight Mark Goddard. for some reason I think something like that happened twice and his punishment for that was nothing

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Khabib dropped Conor on his rear end with one punch

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Khabib's gotta beat Ferguson poirier then Ortega and retire 30-0 then we can call him the goat.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He wanted him to tap to pain and not a choke hold

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
That horrible poo poo would be the trump administration

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

imagine beating the poo poo out of someone who is cheating his rear end off while listening to someone with r word odell beckham hair is screaming at you that you the whole time and when you tell him to shut up he says make me

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It's just kind of incredible to think about. Conor paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and flew in the top people to train against that specifically. He was betting his reputation that he could stop that and he was just completely unable to do it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

kimbo305 posted:

Let's say he had hurt Khabib in the 2nd and actually rocked him in the 3rd -- then people would have doubled down on saying that Conor had a puncher's chance. I guess I could even be fine with a rematch if Khabib had gotten significantly hurt at some point. But instead of dusting himself off and getting a KO like against Chad, Conor was just too beat.

I don't think it's surprising that he couldn't close up the gap in grappling over one training camp, nor should it be weird that he hired people to even attempt that.

It's just wild to me that there is an insane mountain man who can spike everyone in the world on their head like a football.
No amount of training or touch of God in your gloves or former championships or mental warfare or flagrantly breaking the rules several times a round were enough to make any part of it look close.

We've seen Conor lose but we have never seen him look ordinary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Conor's got five fights left on his deal. Wonder what's next and what his narrative is gonna be

• Locked thread