Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Mr. Carlisle posted:

According to the latest embedded the UFC has an official jeweler now
I love that one one of the two guys they've got on the books isn't permitted to wear gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
The way Conor dropped his hands in the exchange that saw him get dropped was crazy. Neither guy had ever been floored in any match ever so I think I wigged out harder at that than the actual finish. People always poo poo on Khabib's striking but he's landed clean on supposedly the two best strikers in the division because of how he feints the takedown before throwing overhands. It's not flashy but it owns hard

Khabib is the lightweight GOAT, no question.

Now I need to see Nate call out Khabib and have Conor step in to corner him because they're Fight Friends. Strap a camera to one of their handlers and livestream the real-life buddy cop duo of the century

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Also shoutouts to Khabib for readjusting what was an easy RNC to turn it into a full on jaw crank. That poo poo is no joke :gonk:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

BlindSite posted:

None of this was particularly strange or surprising.
So the narrative that Khabib's striking is garbage was just imagined?

I dunno it seems like the part where everyone went nuclear the second Conor, who had never been dropped in any fight ever (including the one where he got TKO'd), got dropped by a supposedly awful striker would indicate that people were quite surprised!

mewse posted:

A guy in the b league thread had his jaw snap to a crank like that
Was that the guy that proposed just before the fight?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
I would be unreasonably excited if Kevin Lee or Justin Gaethje stepped up to take on Diaz.

• Locked thread